Chelsea banned for TWO transfer windows

If the ban remains despite the CAS appeal, I'm interested to know how the loans of Higuain and Kovacic are affected.

I've read from a few sources that this may be a bit of a loophole and that extensions to their loans could be allowed as they already have registrations at the club.

There's obviously a lot of debate surrounding the usefulness of both but considering the situation, if the opportunity arises that both can be extended I would say this is a matter of necessity.

9 minutes ago, milka said:

GK :   Kepa ,  Caballero , Green/Eduardo

RB :  Azpilicueta , Reece James , Zappacosta 

CB :   David Luiz , Rudiger ,Christensen , Zouma , Ampadu ,Tomori/Chalobah/Aina

LB :  Alonso , Emerson ,Kenedy 

CM :  Kante , Jorginho ,Barkley , RLC, Mount , Bakayoko (Kovacic?)

Wingers :  Pedro , Willian , Musonda ,Moses ,Hudson - Odoi , Pulisic 

Strikers : Giroud ? Batshuauyi ? Morata ? 

Depressing. That will compete with Leicester/Everton/ and Wolves. 

1 minute ago, milka said:

CB :   David Luiz , Christensen , Zouma , Ampadu ,Tomori/Chalobah/Aina

Kovacic is gone (cant sign him, thank dog), so is Aina (who is not a CB anyway, he is plays as a RB and a MFer and I wish we had NOT tucked in a buy option  (Torino is exercising it) as he and James could be the RB's and Azpi can slide over to CB)

Jake Clarke-Salter is a CB, but Tomori is better

Trevoh Chalobah is a pure DMF (every minute there this season) not a CB at all

Zappacosta surely must be sold

I am going to LOSE MY MIND if we keep him and do NOT elevate Reece to the first team, I will just explode in rage

Also toss in Mario Pašalić as a first teamer, he is better than Kovacic anyway IMHO, Mario was superb at Atalanta this year (7 goals, 7 assists in only a half seasons worth of minutes) Is big (almost 1.90m) fast, technically gifted

Musonda is problematic, huge talent, little to no drive, very very immature. If he had Moses's motor and mindset (especially when Mo was a Conte wingback), he would be a star

20 minutes ago, milka said:

CB :   David Luiz , Rudiger ,Christensen , Zouma , Ampadu ,Tomori/Chalobah/Aina

The biggest question mark is where the goals are going to come from.

Jesus.
Thus f*cking thing has happened before.
It's like our Juan Ramon Rocha in 1981.
The courts decided after long deliberations that his parents were n't really Greek and he was banned for a season.
So imagine his team -Panathinaikos- after this doing it again and again and again and not declare the proper nationalities of the players !
They did n't do it again of course.
At Chelsea some people are mad.

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

We must, aint got no choice. Also, I wonder how this fits in with our own FA telling us it was within the rules to do what we had requested? This must be taken into consideration surely.

Cas appeals

Barcelona 

appeal 28-10-14

hearing 5-12-14

decision 31-12-14

Real Madrid 

appeal 18-8-16

hearing 14-12-16

decision 20-12-16

Atletico 

appeal 18-9-16

hearing 24-4-17

decision 1-6-17

Not looking good for this summer....

Window opens in 8 days time, if CAS can get us a hearing as quick as they did for Barcelona, which I doubt, we might get the ban delayed around the end of June, which leaves us 5/6 weeks to sign whatever players are left. 

The hearing is the discussions around the final decision, the ban will hopefully be lifted as soon as the appeal's lodged.

1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

The biggest question mark is where the goals are going to come from.

Not saying this is going to work out but

my best guess

is the following

Mario Pašalić (translated to a full season he would have had 14 goals and 14 assists for Atalanta this season past) we need to promote him

Kante

RLC

Barkley

Pulisic

CHO (when he is fully recovered, ie the 2nd half of the season hopefully)

Willian

Pedro

Morata (if we recall him)

Giroud

Tammy (maybe) or Bats (if we recall him)

that group should yield 85-100 goals all comps

then toss in randomness from Zouma (headers) Rudiger, AC, Reece James, Alonso, maybe Moses (if we recall him) etc

should get us to approximately the total we have had this year (1.7 per game) if most have similar years to what they had this season (some reallllly need to step up, especially Morata, Pulisic, RLC, Barkley, Kante, Willian, hopefully Pašalić, Tammy, who had 25  (maybe more due to playoffs) for Villa) Bats (IF we recal him)

Higuain needs to go bye-bye, he is NOT worth the £29m (loan fee and one year salary) it would cost to keep him until June 2020

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Not saying this is going to work out but

my best guess

is the following

Mario Pašalić (translated to a full season he would have had 14 goals and 14 assists for Atalanta this season past) we need to promote him

Kante

RLC

Barkley

Pulisic

CHO (when he is fully recovered, ie the 2nd half of the season hopefully)

Willian

Pedro

Morata (if we recall him)

Giroud

Tammy (maybe) or Bats (if we recall him)

that group should yield 85-100 goals all comps

then toss in randomness from Zouma (headers) Rudiger, AC, Reece James, Alonso, maybe Moses (if we recall him) etc

should get us to approximately the total we have had this year (1.7 per game) if most have similar years to what they had this season (some reallllly need to step up, especially Morata, Pulisic, RLC, Barkley, Kante, Willian, hopefully Pašalić, Tammy, who had 25  (maybe more due to playoffs) for Villa) Bats (IF we recal him)

Higuain needs to go bye-bye, he is NOT worth the £29m (loan fee and one year salary) it would cost to keep him until June 2020

what do you mean by half season?Pasalic played 30 of 35 league games for Atalanta this season. And i figure they will be pulling their buy clause but if not i think he should be in contention with mount, barkley in pre season but i dont expect him to convince Sarri.

If we keep Sarri, we should also keep Higuain so he has no reason to moan about his shit tactics dont work. Also I do not think our other strikers can handle the pressure of leadin gthe line so we will be in need to switch them around like in 2013/14. But I am obviously in favour of getting rid of both, bot not only one of Sarri,Higs. Either keep both or fire both.

I think the only way to increase number of goals from within the squad is more effective playr managment and change our offensive tactics. we need to score more easy goals. finish our chances better and win the ball higher up the pitch. This requires effective pressing, IMO many of our players are capable of this and with Hazard gone it is not necessary any more to have one position reserved for a luxury player. go all out hard workers. i am sure tammy/bats still can learn pressing. pedro has done so effectively, Willian obviously needs to be sold, CHO can learn pressing, Pusilic is already good at it, as is  RLC. Klopp showed how you can teach a group of ageing, average players his heavy metal football. I think a  competent coach should be able to instill a bit of this in our squad.

2 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

If if if the ban is lifted for this window then we better make it one to remember. Not a shit storm and set up for a year or so of scraping by. 

do we have a competent board for that? unfortunately no

2 hours ago, Nicco said:

So why is City not banned as well? Fucking joke.

Arab money and friends.....will get you very far.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Their time in the barrel will come.

Same for PSG.

Patience is the order of the day.

The wheels of justice are abrasive and grind slowly at times.

Nahh dont think so. They may say they are looking at it but nothing will be done. Cuz both fifa and UEFA did their best to not undermine them.

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

If the ban remains despite the CAS appeal, I'm interested to know how the loans of Higuain and Kovacic are affected.

I've read from a few sources that this may be a bit of a loophole and that extensions to their loans could be allowed as they already have registrations at the club.

There's obviously a lot of debate surrounding the usefulness of both but considering the situation, if the opportunity arises that both can be extended I would say this is a matter of necessity.

Ban or no ban, these 2 have no business in Chelsea.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

That quote is out of context.

WTF man? He wants 1 or 2 players only? Im sure we will rip CL apart.