Mason Mount

the wes

2 hours ago, DDA said:

Have to say, Mount has been brilliant this season. I have been harsh and quick to criticise the lad but he has shown real quality this year. 

To be honest I think he was better last season even if the stats say otherwise.

1 hour ago, coolhead23 said:

Good to see positive posts for Mount. I have a feeling that he would end up being underrated for most of his career because he doesnt bring the swag which half decent players brings to the table. 

Hoping good thing from Mount. 

I hope it continues that way. I hate players who get too full of themselves. 

Youngest Chelsea players to have double-digit goals and assists in the same league season:

23 years - Mason Mount 2021/22
25 years - Juan Mata 2012/13
27 years - Frank Lampard 2004/05
28 years - Didier Drogba 2005/06
28 years - Eden Hazard 2018/19

I keep on saying that this guy will turn into a world class player very soon, that is if he has not turned to one yet. He is already improving his final ball decisions and precision when it comes to finishing. Consistency will perfect it. Already his workrate is massive.

12 hours ago, Stats said:

Just another goal and assist in the same game. Common feat.

13 goals and 16 assists in all competitions this season. Amazing.

Is that the highest contribution by a Chelsea player in a single season since Hazard?

5 minutes ago, Stats said:

Yes, correct. And he still is not appreciated as much as he should be. Really bewildering. 

He obviously enjoys a good season stat-wise, but I think its fair to say his general play regressed in comparison to last season. I expect more from him in that regard. 

On 12/05/2022 at 19:18, ZAPHOD2319 said:

1st- in minutes played, very good player but just like William (who I liked) for me. I midfielder always playing an attaching position.  

7 hours ago, bohops said:

1st- in minutes played, very good player but just like William (who I liked) for me. I midfielder always playing an attaching position.  

It's not Mount's fault the others are benched more regularly because of their inconsistency and thus play less minutes. There's a reason why among the more attacking minded players Mount is 1st in minutes played as well, and the reason is stated in the statistics you quoted above.

Without even needing a fact check I'm pretty certain Mount is 1st in at least 8/10 of those statistics even if we review the stats per every 90 minutes played.

Btw, Mount's G+A output this season in the league (11G + 10A) is far better than Willian ever managed in his 7 year Chelsea career (best was 9G+7A). And that's not even mentioning that Mount at the moment is even two years younger than Willian was when he joined the club in the first place so 23yo Mount is already more prolific in the final third than Willian was in any of his prime years.

Edited by Jype

Mason Mount on verge of equalling Alan Shearer and Harry Kane record

Chelsea midfielder Mason Mount was on the wrong end of a Wembley final for the sixth time in his career on Saturday, but is on the brink of matching an all-time Premier League record

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/mason-mount-harry-kane-record-26997599

On 14/05/2022 at 02:58, bohops said:

Think Willian never made double digit goals and assists in the same year, so Mount doing that at a younger age shows that he has the potential to go up a couple of steps on Willian. Then you have the fact, that whilst he plays the most minutes, his g+a per 90 are still the best in the squad. 

As for his position, it isn't his fault he is getting played there because there isn't a real No.8 position in the formation we play or because are current WF cannot compete with his numbers. 

13 hours ago, King Kante said:

Think Willian never made double digit goals and assists in the same year, so Mount doing that at a younger age shows that he has the potential to go up a couple of steps on Willian. Then you have the fact, that whilst he plays the most minutes, his g+a per 90 are still the best in the squad. 

As for his position, it isn't his fault he is getting played there because there isn't a real No.8 position in the formation we play or because are current WF cannot compete with his numbers. 

One of my favorite Mount performance this season was against spurs when he was a #8, he absolutely tore spurs apart with his movement. Would love to see more of that next season.

7 hours ago, Strike said:

Stat-padded vs the bottom sides this season. Goals vs Southampton, Norwich, Watford, West Ham, Leeds, Everton. Just the goal vs Madrid in the Champions League.

Good. Great to see that a young player is able to add to his stats on a consistent basis, well on course in his learning curve. I expect him to explode in 2-3 seasons, have high expectations for him.

Edited by manpe

• 1 month later...
On 21/05/2022 at 05:15, Strike said:

Stat-padded vs the bottom sides this season. Goals vs Southampton, Norwich, Watford, West Ham, Leeds, Everton. Just the goal vs Madrid in the Champions League.

Funny how you conveniently omitted goal contributions vs west ham, arsenal and spurs (and an assist v real madrid)… Unfortunately our club has a considerable amount of “supporters” like you who like to dig out our best performing player who also happens to be Chelsea through and through and an academy graduate.