Mason Mount

the wes

On 06/04/2022 at 23:29, NikkiCFC said:

If you are Chelsea fan and like MM you really don't deserve anything as a football fan. 

On 07/04/2022 at 01:01, Hermione said:

You just know Mason will be 26-27 years old and still be here despite being an average footballer. Wish we could build something serious for once.

Just turned 23 not too long ago. This season he already has 10 goals and 13 assists in all comps. Have a seat.

9 minutes ago, Hermione said:

If I'm not mistaken you were one of the few people here who was pulling for Lukaku and pointing to his stats before we signed him. Played good today must be said but most did even Werner so this doesn't prove anything that we didn't know before wildly inconsistent and disappears when shit hits the fan, will see what he does in the next games.

I admit I was happy with Lukaku, but I pointed out to why is game had improved to Italy. Comments like yours and Nikki's are just silly posts with all respect. You have Nikki saying a ridiculous post about Chelsea fans who like Mount and you making a futuristic prediction which is crazy as if Mount has been poor. He has his poor games like all young players do but the judgements you lot give for him, you would think he is at the peak of his career. He is just turned 23. Of course he is going to have flaws. But that is the while point of working with them and letting them grow. Slating our own players with OTT criticism just irks me.

1 hour ago, Stats said:

I admit I was happy with Lukaku, but I pointed out to why is game had improved to Italy. Comments like yours and Nikki's are just silly posts with all respect. You have Nikki saying a ridiculous post about Chelsea fans who like Mount and you making a futuristic prediction which is crazy as if Mount has been poor. He has his poor games like all young players do but the judgements you lot give for him, you would think he is at the peak of his career. He is just turned 23. Of course he is going to have flaws. But that is the while point of working with them and letting them grow. Slating our own players with OTT criticism just irks me.

Mount is a special player

we are lucky to have him

1 hour ago, Stats said:

Just turned 23 not too long ago. This season he already has 10 goals and 13 assists in all comps. Have a seat.

Put some context into it. 9 of 10 goals came against lower level PL teams. Assists majority from set pieces. Games like this just prove my point. Take out worst teams we face during the season and set pieces his contribution is close to zero. We played 6 competitions this season and he only contributed in PL but not against top10 (top12) teams. When you say about inconsistencies you sound like he is good in 80% of games and bad in 20%. It is completely the opposite. 

11 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Put some context into it. 9 of 10 goals came against lower level PL teams. Assists majority from set pieces. Games like this just prove my point. Take out worst teams we face during the season and set pieces his contribution is close to zero. We played 6 competitions this season and he only contributed in PL but not against top10 (top12) teams. When you say about inconsistencies you sound like he is good in 80% of games and bad in 20%. It is completely the opposite. 

Ok, this season maybe he has not scored as much against the top teams. Last season he scored against Real Madrid and Liverpool. Assisted the goal in the CL final against City. Of course he has inconsistencies, however your criticism of him is just beyond ridiculous sometimes. Goals are goals and assists are assists. Mount not having better stats against the better teams also comes down to other players as well. Not just him.

Also you point about stats is wrong. You just assume rather than watch. I can tell you the games he made assists for in open play. Norwich, Arsenal (should of been 2 assists bar incredible save from Leno), Middlesbrough (2), Watford, Luton and Lille. Meaning he has contributed majority from open play. Yes, he has made assists from set pieces a few times, however he has made a few assists from open play too.

9 minutes ago, Hermione said:

But I'm not criticizing  him as per just saying he is an average footballer and this is pretty much true, he doesn't excel in anything and shouldn't be starting for a top club, he has his uses but I've yet to see anything in his game that says he is a first team player, he is only 23 years old and time to get better but I'm not sure how much he can improve some of these stuff you either have them or you don't.

Says ever manager who continues to manage us. I would rather trust Tuchel's opinion than yours. Time will tell. He is doing well so far.

49 minutes ago, Stats said:

Ok, this season maybe he has not scored as much against the top teams. Last season he scored against Real Madrid and Liverpool. Assisted the goal in the CL final against City. Of course he has inconsistencies, however your criticism of him is just beyond ridiculous sometimes. Goals are goals and assists are assists. Mount not having better stats against the better teams also comes down to other players as well. Not just him.

Also you point about stats is wrong. You just assume rather than watch. I can tell you the games he made assists for in open play. Norwich, Arsenal (should of been 2 assists bar incredible save from Leno), Middlesbrough (2), Watford, Luton and Lille. Meaning he has contributed majority from open play. Yes, he has made assists from set pieces a few times, however he has made a few assists from open play too.

Says ever manager who continues to manage us. I would rather trust Tuchel's opinion than yours. Time will tell. He is doing well so far.

I trust Tuchel

no questions asked

21 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

All of Havertz goals and assists in the league this season bar one have been against teams 14th or lower, are we using the same basis of argument against him too?

Or should we all just have a bit of trust in Tuchel that clearly both are part of what he'd view as his strongest XI?

Both are young players with what we hope are their best prime years in front of them playing in Chelsea shirts and are both improving on last seasons numbers. 

The Lukaku experiment this season I think has proven that we're very much a team where the unit as a whole are a greater sum than its individual parts and we need to be looking at 3, 4, 5 players chipping in with 10+ goals a season as opposed to one pushing 20 goals a season. 

In Mount and Havertz we have two and we need to find a couple more either from within or through the market in the summer.

15 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I believe we need to win to achieve points so basically a player who doesnt cost us much is atleast putting a performance against the so called weaker team against a 100M player, I m sure I will take the player who delivers. U can cancel out different measurable parameters and at the end of the day everyone's contribution would come down to single figure. 

Is he a world class player ... surely no ... not sure if he would achieve that elite level but feel he is one of those players who is needed in a team.

More importantly the person that matters the most sees something in him & is picking him for 80% - 90% of the time yet we feel his contribution could amount of zero. :(

Cannot believe there are still these discussions on Mount. I mean some people are having a go about his stats even though: 

1) He has improved his stats year on year

2) Is only 23 so still young; I personally don't expect full consistency until 25'ish (although do expect improvements, which he has done.) 

3) He isn't even a player that should be judged on g&a stats. Mount's best quality is playing between the lines and pressing like a mad man. That is incredibly valuable in the modern game and he does this to a high level. 

Simply put, people either don't realise what type of player he is, don't understand what role he is playing (instead just thinking he is a AM and want elite WF play from him) or simply have an axe to grind. 

16 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Cannot believe there are still these discussions on Mount. I mean some people are having a go about his stats even though: 

1) He has improved his stats year on year

2) Is only 23 so still young; I personally don't expect full consistency until 25'ish (although do expect improvements, which he has done.) 

3) He isn't even a player that should be judged on g&a stats. Mount's best quality is playing between the lines and pressing like a mad man. That is incredibly valuable in the modern game and he does this to a high level. 

Simply put, people either don't realise what type of player he is, don't understand what role he is playing (instead just thinking he is a AM and want elite WF play from him) or simply have an axe to grind. 

You'd be very hard pressed to find anyone at Stamford Bridge criticising him. Its only on the hyper-critical global interweb.

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

You'd be very hard pressed to find anyone at Stamford Bridge criticising him. Its only on the hyper-critical global interweb.

It is the same with many players tbf. Alonso is pretty much universally loved by those in the MHL. Ok, he gets a few groans here and there but generally 'runs down the wing' is heard a lot more frequently.

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

It is the same with many players tbf. Alonso is pretty much universally loved by those in the MHL. Ok, he gets a few groans here and there but generally 'runs down the wing' is heard a lot more frequently.

This forum has always been the same - more vitriol at our players than anything else from some 😀 

I actually banned a few because there was nothing but negative posts slagging our players off.