Mason Mount

the wes

55 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Gilmour wanted to be loaned out though, he wanted the game time to develop rather than sit on the bench at Chelsea.  It's just a shame that there wasn't much squad planning going on as Gilmour would have been a handy midfielder to have in the squad heading into next season (with 4 first team midfielders being sold in the last 2 transfer windows). 

Hmm,..I thought it was more to do with Tuchel being pals with Daniel Farke who was coaching Norwich at the time, and Tuchel thinking that he would give him more playing time. 

But I guess you're right in that Billy wanted the move as well.

Either way, it's a shame. That move killed his growth as a player 

1 hour ago, Blue Armour said:

Hmm,..I thought it was more to do with Tuchel being pals with Daniel Farke who was coaching Norwich at the time, and Tuchel thinking that he would give him more playing time. 

But I guess you're right in that Billy wanted the move as well.

Either way, it's a shame. That move killed his growth as a player 

Always thought Gilmour was McEachran 2.0. Living off 3 decent games his entire career despite being out of his depth in every other appearance.

As with McEachran there was some potential but clearly they themselves had not idea how to realise it so it is no wonder their careers trailed off when they were mismanaged.  If they really were that talented and ready mentally they would have made it anyway.

8 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Josh came in as a sub when we were down by a man, and behind by a few goals I think? 

Came in and changed the game (if not the result)

I think loaning a CM player like Josh to lesser sides was a mistake. He is the Fabregas sort of player that links up well with other top class players., to really shine.

And I think we repeated the same mistake by loaning Billy Gilmour out.

These players should have just stayed with our first team and grown as squad players who would eventually break into the first team.

He did indeed come on as a sub in that game. He had everyone of their seats... the buzz in the stadium during that time was incredible... The Carlo days... it just isn't the same at The Bridge now. Soo sad and most probably why I don't bother going much anymore along with the ticket prices.

17 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Always thought Gilmour was McEachran 2.0. Living off 3 decent games his entire career despite being out of his depth in every other appearance.

As with McEachran there was some potential but clearly they themselves had not idea how to realise it so it is no wonder their careers trailed off when they were mismanaged.  If they really were that talented and ready mentally they would have made it anyway.

McEachran had far more ability than Gilmour in my opinion. He was technically astute with great vision. As you have alluded to though, he just didn't have what it takes mentally to succeed at the very highest of levels. Thought he was a superstar before actually putting in the work to become a superstar. Similar to Sturridge.

8 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Josh came in as a sub when we were down by a man, and behind by a few goals I think? 

Came in and changed the game (if not the result)

I think loaning a CM player like Josh to lesser sides was a mistake. He is the Fabregas sort of player that links up well with other top class players., to really shine.

And I think we repeated the same mistake by loaning Billy Gilmour out.

These players should have just stayed with our first team and grown as squad players who would eventually break into the first team.

Josh McEachran was loaned to Swansea City which at the time was the best ball-playing footballl team in England. On top of that he was reunited with Brendan Rodgers who was previously his coach in Chelsea Academy. So on paper everything was lined-up great.

I remember Juan Mata said that he is one of the most technical and skillful players at Chelsea.

I think Josh McEachran later hooked up with TV star while his career was dwindling down. I just don't think he had the mentality to play at the high level. Plus he was build like a boy. Maybe if he was sold to Spain or Germany his career would take different trajectory.

1 hour ago, DDA said:

He did indeed come on as a sub in that game. He had everyone of their seats... the buzz in the stadium during that time was incredible... The Carlo days... it just isn't the same at The Bridge now. Soo sad and most probably why I don't bother going much anymore along with the ticket prices.

McEachran had far more ability than Gilmour in my opinion. He was technically astute with great vision. As you have alluded to though, he just didn't have what it takes mentally to succeed at the very highest of levels. Thought he was a superstar before actually putting in the work to become a superstar. Similar to Sturridge.

Sturridge at least got to a good level, was selected as part of the PFA team of the year in 13/14 for Liverpool, had a solid strike rate in PL football and even got 20+ caps for England which is pretty good for someone with niggling injury issues. 

McEachran just didn't have the work ethic to go with his talent. 

4 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Plus he was build like a boy. Maybe if he was sold to Spain or Germany his career would take different trajectory

He turned down Real Madrid. What may have been eh.

I do expect Mount to do well at United, but define that phrase ‘to do well’ ie. Nothing spectacular, he will get a few goals, few assists, but ultimately I really think United will fall behind next season unless this ownership battle gets resolved asap and they splash some cash.

1 minute ago, DH1988 said:

I do expect Mount to do well at United, but define that phrase ‘to do well’ ie. Nothing spectacular, he will get a few goals, few assists, but ultimately I really think United will fall behind next season unless this ownership battle gets resolved asap and they splash some cash.

Yeah, I think they are having horrendous window. Mount and Onana (close) over 100m. I see zero improvement and apparently this is their whole budget. No CF, no balance in MF with Casemiro, Mount and Bruno. Onana and defense very average. 

About Mount I think it will be similar like here.

His last 3 seasons in PL:

20/21 5 non penalty goals. 4 against 3 relegated teams. Only that goal against Liverpool which is his highest point in PL ever.

21/22 10 of 11 goals against 15th or lower. Only goal against higher team is WH and we lost that game.

22/23 just 3 PL goals. Bournemouth 15th place and Aston Villa under Gerrard sharing relegation place at that moment 17/18 place. Since Emery they become different team.

So 2 goals in 3 PL seasons against top14 teams. Horrid stuff. Him being on the pitch 80% of time is pointless.

United fans deluding themselves he is a top player, they gonna find out soon enough.

I'm buzzling this nightmare is finally over and we won't have to entertain this trash another 4-5 years, an average player whom his performances will be replaced fairly easy but I hope we really get a top class player in his position this time.

1 hour ago, TheHulk said:

United fans deluding themselves he is a top player, they gonna find out soon enough.

I'm buzzling this nightmare is finally over and we won't have to entertain this trash another 4-5 years, an average player whom his performances will be replaced fairly easy but I hope we really get a top class player in his position this time.

spacer.png

Bye Money Mase

So he was spotted around Carrington yesterday with dark hair but on the goodbye video he has blonde hair, must of had that in his camera role a few weeks the fucking snake.

Fuck off you nob and take your banner with you

I don't see why the fan reaction has to be so bitter. It's giving him too much attention and making the move seem bigger than it is. He was never central to our plans. 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

I don't see why the fan reaction has to be so bitter. It's giving him too much attention and making the move seem bigger than it is. He was never central to our plans. 

Because they made a banner for him.  Not like every single Chelsea player gets a banner at the Bridge...

The fact that he ran away at the first opportunity should show every fan just how much he actually 'cared' for the club. 

I hope he has a poor season at United, just to see how their fans react 😆