Mason Mount

the wes

17 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Whatever the case, I have a feeling he will at least have a conversation with Pochettino to see what plans he has in mind for him before he finalizes a decision to leave.

This will likely drag on into July.

I was under the impression we needed sales done by end of June in order for it to comply or be submitted numbers wise for FFP, I definitely could be wrong and it may only apply to buying, just something I vaguely recall.

In any case we know that we need unhappy or discontent players out of an already toxic situation.

3 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

I was under the impression we needed sales done by end of June in order for it to comply or be submitted numbers wise for FFP, I definitely could be wrong and it may only apply to buying, just something I vaguely recall.

In any case we know that we need unhappy or discontent players out of an already toxic situation.

Yes!

Thats why we need to sell mount asap

Poch literally has no say given the club don't value what Mount wants. It's so simple. Mount's PR is also the best I've ever seen. You'd think the first thing that came out of Poch's mouth when he spoke with the club is "I want Mount to stay". 

Just now Mount's PR is at it again saying Boehly changed his mind regarding the terms to the new contract after the World Cup. Literally every contract extension so far was quick and painless EXCEPT Mounts, and yet this is the club's fault?

Be a big miss I think.Yes he’s struggled this season with reoccuring injuries and off the field stuff (him & Gilmour with that stalker creep) but I think Poch would be the right coach to bring him on a lot. Even the previous season he wasn’t particularly great but there is undoubtedly a top player there if he can iron out a few things.

Every player has areas they can improve, Masons no different, wherever he goes with proper coaching and a free run of no injuries, he will be a top signing. All this talk of him being a money grabber is clearly bullshit also but not surprised. It always seemed to be about the duration of the contract before the WC which originally offered was 7 years. Fuck knows what is happening now but I doubt he’s wanting 350k upwards which you’d think reading some of the pish in here. Plus if CL clubs are willing to come in for him, he has that to think about. A lot of variables to consider as opposed to jumping to the he wants half a mill a week or whatever nonsense. Bit of uncertainty at the club too with how it is being run. Who knows what he’s thinking? 

Personally think he will end up at Liverpool and he will do well. Or United. City maybe even be a slim outside shout if Gundogan goes but who knows really. Will be interesting thats for sure as he is a profitable asset to sell and we will have to do to ensure we get it in time for FFP.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/06/2023 at 12:41, Mário César said:

so who cares? 

he is not a lampard level player

he can go. 

65M pounds + add ons its a good business

It’s been long time since I haven’t seen use term “Lampard-level” as a positive example..

True though, however, Lampard peaked at the age of 25-31, not under 24. 

I am ok with Kova going to City, but regarding Havertz and Mount I fear they will peak at our rivals.

21 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

It’s been long time since I haven’t seen use term “Lampard-level” as a positive example..

True though, however, Lampard peaked at the age of 25-31, not under 24. 

I am ok with Kova going to City, but regarding Havertz and Mount I fear they will peak at our rivals.

in mount's age lampard was a better player

it is evident that selling so many players to rivals is a bit risky, although it is good business

everything will depend on the substitutes and if the money is well applied

I scroll through Twitter and I must say I become numb to all sentiment that is shared over this transfer. He's a professional player, it's part of the job to be treated as asset and be potentially cashed on and replaced. Some people know how it goes yet they still cling onto "he's been here since he was 6" like he's doing this purely for his love for Chelsea. He's earned millions of pounds and is going to earn much more in the future. He's maximizing his contract potential by going to United and who can blame him. Once they leave the Academy and become professional players the sentiment is over.

30 minutes ago, Mário César said:

in mount's age lampard was a better player

it is evident that selling so many players to rivals is a bit risky, although it is good business

everything will depend on the substitutes and if the money is well applied

Dunno why compare Lampard to a player who mostly play on the left wing, but that's just me. If Lampard was the standard to sign and keep player, well good luck fielding 11 players. 😅

yeah we keep going rounds around these points:

"although it is good business"
what business? the only business Chelsea is in is of playing football and acquiring silverware by winning.

"substitutes and if the money is well applied"
There is no relation to money received (5 mil more or less esp) to who we sign, or don't. Money is the only thing these clowns of owners have in abundance.

Regarding Mount, can't wish him good luck for obvious reasons, but thank you for the silverware.

Edited by robsblubot

34 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Dunno why compare Lampard to a player who mostly play on the left wing, but that's just me. If Lampard was the standard to sign and keep player, well good luck fielding 11 players. 😅

yeah we keep going rounds around these points:

"although it is good business"
what business? the only business Chelsea is in is of playing football and acquiring silverware by winning.

"substitutes and if the money is well applied"
There is no relation to money received (5 mil more or less esp) to who we sign, or don't. Money is the only thing these clowns of owners have in abundance.

Regarding Mount, can't wish him good luck for obvious reasons, but thank you for the silverware.

what business?

the fact that we sold a player with one year left on his contract for 55 million pounds and who came from a weak season.

isn't it obvious?

about whether the money is well invested, the board will always be criticized or not for that.

if, next year, the reinforcements play well and the team is doing well, fine, but if, by chance, we fail and the selling players start to perform at other clubs, it will be a different story