Mason Mount

the wes

While I accept Mount has been horrible this season and is pushing himself out the door, I just don't understand the hatred from our fanbase towards the kid.

I mean, he's been a huge part of our only meaningful trophy win in the past 5 years, and has had decent stats for an AMF even if it's against shit teams.

Now people praise Felix (who has been here only 3 months) and Gallagher as if they are supreme world beaters., when those two have had less than remarkable seasons in the past years. I'm including Gallagher in the comparison because he's only a year younger than Mount. 

The fickle minded nature of fans these days is just bothersome.

Thank goodness social media wasn't as rampant back then. Players like Drogba would have received a lot of hate during the period of 2007-2009, when Mourinho had left. He probably wouldn't have stuck around to become the legend he has been for us.

On 17/03/2023 at 22:30, Blue Armour said:

While I accept Mount has been horrible this season and is pushing himself out the door, I just don't understand the hatred from our fanbase towards the kid.

Agree. He should not be treated like that. Up and down are normal for everyone. 

Also, we don't know which stories are correct. A lot of rumors. 

On 18/03/2023 at 05:30, Blue Armour said:

I mean, he's been a huge part of our only meaningful trophy win in the past 5 years, and has had decent stats for an AMF even if it's against shit teams.

Now people praise Felix (who has been here only 3 months) and Gallagher as if they are supreme world beaters., when those two have had less than remarkable seasons in the past years. I'm including Gallagher in the comparison because he's only a year younger than Mount. 

The fickle minded nature of fans these days is just bothersome.

Thank goodness social media wasn't as rampant back then. Players like Drogba would have received a lot of hate during the period of 2007-2009, when Mourinho had left. He probably wouldn't have stuck around to become the legend he has been for us.

I completely agree on the social media/hate side of things, I think it’s stemmed or got out of control because the contract rejections have come at a time where he’s literally been dreadful. Would anyone care if he’d wanted X per week if he was performing as James was? No. We only know what we read and what’s reported to us by ‘ITK’ which doesn’t feel great to fans when ‘Mr Chelsea’ rejects £180/200k a week because he wants to feel valued, his dad etc but JT had a similar contract stand off years ago, just without the social media sphere reporting XYZ.

So, his contract has only one year left? that's a mistake by the club... he should not have been avail and getting minutes in this situation. Clubs used to play hardball before, now players and agents do what they want.

In 6mo he can sign a contract with anyone going on a free later. 

3 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

So, his contract has only one year left? that's a mistake by the club... he should not have been avail and getting minutes in this situation. Clubs used to play hardball before, now players and agents do what they want.

In 6mo he can sign a contract with anyone going on a free later. 

It's hard to play hardball with a player who was meant to be future of Chelsea's midfield. 

It's not like the club hasn't offered good deals to Mount, he just hasn't accepted any of them and now he's likely off to Liverpool where he'll just be another player instead of being the academy kid in Chelsea's first team. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, robsblubot said:

And he should be! like Mount or not, he's made it. He earns millions and moves millions, and is sought after by a number of top clubs. I know the last part may be incomprehensible to some, but not to me. 

It's now or never for him, though. If his form doesn't pick up under Lampard, then it's not likely it ever will.

I don’t get why people think his performances will pick up under Frank. Just look at how good the Everton attacking players did under him 😂

Masons in a weird situation now but he has to improve tenfold if he is going to feature.

Lets dispel this myth too that Frank will always pick him too because other managers have picked him pretty frequently but with the contract situation if he does leave, a lack of or poor performances will not help us selling him for good £.

Although I do think Liverpool will be right in for him. And wouldn’t be surprised if City had something to say, I mean they did spend £100m on Grealish so anything could happen.

• 3 weeks later...