Mason Mount

the wes

Mason Mount was my favorite Chelsea player. He was under bad perfomance this season like other players I dont blame him, but after this injury that he had twice same surgery I just think that it will be hard for him to come back and to be same as before.... That is a risk for us so 50 chance he can be like before or he can be worse he is still young and also same thing for Armando Broja he is not active because of ACL injury that is a painfull period and also with these injuries your brain is blocking and you are in fear that this will happen again and you dont do risks and dont fight to play like before so there is only small percent of people who can get back to the same level after these kind of injuries, so this is risky but I would give Mount a chance because he is Chelsea kid and Englishman

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Watch SB crowd says goodbye to him with applause instead of booing. 

Why should they boo him though?

Yes, he might be sulking his way out of the club, but he at least won a major trophy.

It's not as if he acted like ex Arsenal players who win fuck all and then move to Man City.

12 minutes ago, Superblue said:

It's a difficult one. I think there are a lot more players in the squad who should be shown the door before he is considered, and I think in an all round fitter, more aggressive team which I hope Poch is going to bring, he could well be a great fit.

However, if everyone was fit, does he still get in our strongest XI? I think with Nkunku coming in, I'm not so sure.

Ultimately though this boils down to being unable to tie him down to a new contract. If the two options are selling him now for £60-70m or lose him for free in a year then it's a no brainer for the club to make that decision.

agree

13 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Unpopular opinion, bit I think we are fucking idiots for letting him go.

Not the clubs fault , he’s been offered a new deal suitable for his ability. Unfortunately he acts like he’s prime zidane who is worth 300k a week when in reality he’s a workhorse and a passion merchant. 
with that in mind we can’t let him go for free when we can take advantage of the hype he has from being english and get a good price, for a player who wouldn’t get many starts when everyone is fit.

Whatever the case, I have a feeling he will at least have a conversation with Pochettino to see what plans he has in mind for him before he finalizes a decision to leave.

This will likely drag on into July.

Edited by Blue Armour

Mount was instrumental in our cl campaign of 2021, first under Lampard and then under Tuchel.
Subsequently he played in the euro for England and he was a disappointment.
From then on he was a disappointment (that makes two seasons).
It would be a lenient decision not to transfer list him let alone pay him ... Zidane wages.

On 29/05/2023 at 05:42, YorkshireBlue said:

Unpopular opinion, bit I think we are fucking idiots for letting him go.

This just goes back to what Sir Alex said about his club all those years ago, no player is bigger than the club. 

From various reports Mount was given a long term deal (same as Reece) but the offer was declined....so there isn't much else the club can do. 

Its good that the club doesn't want to face another Christensen situation where the player walks away on a free transfer, rather get some transfer funds that we can reinvest into the midfield.