Mason Mount

the wes

That #7 looks absolutely horrible on him. And this isn’t just me being salty that he’s in a United shirt. Seeing someone who isn’t a tricky, explosive wide player wearing that number just looks wrong.

From the club he chose to force himself to, to the number he decided to take knowing the history it carries there it truly does feel like a move solely to grow Mason Mount the brand rather than what was best from a football perspective. He thinks about himself as and is trying to further become someone who reaches beyond the football pitch like his new teammate Rashford. He wants to be a celebrity who is in fashion ads and commercials for Nike or Adidas.  

All the more reason I’m not bothered at all that he’s gone. If we sign a new #10 type we’ll forget about Mount within a few months.

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

That #7 looks absolutely horrible on him. And this isn’t just me being salty that he’s in a United shirt. Seeing someone who isn’t a tricky, explosive wide player wearing that number just looks wrong.

From the club he chose to force himself to, to the number he decided to take knowing the history it carries there it truly does feel like a move solely to grow Mason Mount the brand rather than what was best from a football perspective. He thinks about himself as and is trying to further become someone who reaches beyond the football pitch like his new teammate Rashford. He wants to be a celebrity who is in fashion ads and commercials for Nike or Adidas.  

All the more reason I’m not bothered at all that he’s gone. If we sign a new #10 type we’ll forget about Mount within a few months.

I’m sorry but this is a ridiculous take. Every half decent footballer is promoting their brands one way or another. 

On 07/07/2023 at 09:44, nyikolajevics said:

True, but that's the difference between him and Azpi. Some players only stick around in good times, others remain in their club when winning CL, also when finishing 10th place, still fight for their place.

It's not like Mount was the big fish in small tank anyway.. He was part of the problem, his performances have been dropped for long time. 

Also, United also have their shit in their garden.. Releasing player because of prison, kicking out star player for interview with Piers Morgan, replacing coaches, buying and selling many players. 

I see what you're saying but Azpi was the exception, it's not the standard of the players nowadays. Also, right now I see way more positive and potential in United compared to Chelsea.

16 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

We are just enjoying the fact the Manure fans are really arguing with each other over his skill set after today. Just banter.

If Mount felt any criticism from our fanbase he is in for a rude awakening at United. 

10 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

How is it a ridiculous take if you agree with what he's he's saying? 

Its a ridiculous take to pin point him for it now after he’s left when he’s not the only footballer to do it. Or wont be the last one to do it. 

But its only because he‘s left us to join United that its highlighted. Thats why it’s a ridiculous take - he was promoting his brand here beforehand. People are just blinded by bitterness though, stupidly.

I mean nobody was going on about players promoting brands when Kai and Romelu did a Calvin Klein shoot a few years ago were they? 

Edited by OneMoSalah

Mount mediocre train continues to roll on against Lyon, no doubts he will do well for United but as I posted previously, ‘well’ isn’t what you expect from £60m + £250k+ in wages, you expect great.

• 1 month later...

I would laugh more to Chelsea fans who rated him for years. There is this myth that he was great and now shit last 2 years. He is literally the same player from first season who offers nothing in 80% games per season. 

VDB outplayed him in pre season and as a result he is leaving on loan while they spent fortune on Mount plus big salary next 6 years. 

22 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I would laugh more to Chelsea fans who rated him for years. There is this myth that he was great and now shit last 2 years. He is literally the same player from first season who offers nothing in 80% games per season. 

VDB outplayed him in pre season and as a result he is leaving on loan while they spent fortune on Mount plus big salary next 6 years. 

yup real Chelsea fans root for Mudryk. 🙄

On 19/08/2023 at 20:54, NikkiCFC said:

Think most would rather depend on him than Gallagher still. But hey ho.

Regardless with Nkunku out we lack an attacking midfielder with quality, not saying Mount would of been that guy but the impression that Gallagher is a better option there then Mount is wrong. Even his start at United won’t dispel that just look at the match thread today re Gallagher and first half v Liverpool.

VDB is a weird one because you’d think EtH would of maybe tried him but he isn’t interested in using him at all. Weird because he was very much an all rounder who played as a 6,8,10 and false striker with Ajax. They are lacking half decent options at 6 and 8.

Strength in depth means that after Carney's injury, it would mean Mount'd be coming in instead of whatever the fuck Mudryk is. If you don't see the difference between Mudryk and Mount, well, that's called blindness or hate. 

3 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Strength in depth means that after Carney's injury, it would mean Mount'd be coming in instead of whatever the fuck Mudryk is. If you don't see the difference between Mudryk and Mount, well, that's called blindness or hate. 

The difference is that Mount is a starter for United and Mudryk our option nr. 3 after Nkunku and Chukwu. 

7 hours ago, Gundalf said:

The difference is that Mount is a starter for United and Mudryk our option nr. 3 after Nkunku and Chukwu. 

True, not being a starter was a role he was unwilling to take. My post was to answer folks who put him, the club, and fans who like his football down, which I find silly considering the status he achieved in football, but that's me. 😅

I have concerns about super young players fitness for a number of reasons, and Nkunku had issues with that before. Discussion for a different thread tho.

Edited by robsblubot