The Conte Thread

Football is all about cliches and soundbites and the one that's used about Chelsea the most is it's a soap opera. Well to be honest it is and always has been going back to the 60's when Tommy Docherty sent home most of the team for sneaking out to a nightclub. We don't do stability never have done never will do. 

His over 'achieving' comments are just a smack in the face with a wet fish to the board. He's pushing and pushing and it will come to a head soon, they won't tolerate these words much longer and with him apparently walking a fine line for weeks it wouldn't surprise me if the hunt for a new coach started as early as 10PM last night.

I love Conte but hes been sold down the river, these fuckers running the show are absolute control freaks and there in lies the problem. There is no gel or bond between him and the board, the relationship is finished. He hasn't helped the situation with his latest comments but come on. He's speaking in riddles now that we all understand, you don't need to be a genius to work it out. Is he out of order? Yes, it should of been discussed behind closed doors, but how can you discuss something and someone when you have got no respect coming back the other way, he knows he's gone whether it be now or end of the season and he's thought "Fuck it"

The club is rotten and it starts at the top.

Man, I really really like Conte and hope he somehow stays past the summer. Gets us a top 4 finish and is then given adequate funds to get a few more in. We have to break this cycle of sacking great managers when they hit a rough patch. Unless it gets very bad like Mourinho at the end I hope we stick with him. But the way he's talking I fear he's teetering on the edge.

Said it before but Tuchel is my #1 choice if Conte does go. Know he has flaws but I think he'd be great.

Nothing will change, you could bring in Pep, but the board and upstairs frauds are still there, still controlling every single movement.

Your always going to get some gullible fucker, but from the outside looking in you wouldn't come near this job if you had anything about you. Like players, we will become a lesser and lesser attraction from managers now.

The club obviously want a yes man, who will accept every situation thrown at them. Problem is this kind of manager won't bring the success the club want. Either the club back the manager more with his own players, or accept less success. Of those potential replacements only Allegri, and possibly Simeone are close to Conte's level.

1 hour ago, xPetrCechx said:

Nine contenders who could replace Antonio Conte at Chelsea

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/02/01/nine-contenders-could-replace-antonio-conte-chelsea/

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It's articles like this that if he sees must make him think sod this.. Whatever happens happens I'm going anyway. 

The fact as soon as we hit bad form media start linking us to other managers shows the way we've become. 

we need an influx of 3 or 4 good signings..that only seems to happen now in the summer when a new head coach arrives. it`s sad..but it is what it is. crazy how we have won the PL 5 times since Wenger last won it aswell as European trophies that he has never and he`s outlasted all of them combined. we sack way too early,they sack way too late..the club make it impossible for our head coaches to succeed once the novelty of one season has worn off. they make it impossible to grow from within because they want instant success and sack whenever a non-championship season occurs. they add too much tension for coaches and players to perform under.Fergies reign would have never happened for us or Cloughies with Forest..we won the league twice since any of the Manchester clubs have and yet less than a year from winning the league we have fallen behind them and it`s looking like it will be a few years until we get ahead of them again if we do atall.

there`s a limit to how many great Head Coaches are out there and some may just not want to up root their lives for 18 months to 2 years with us.

This is my opinion..Yes Conte has his faults...

Look at that squad most of them are average players who are playing above their level..I agree with his opinion that we must be realistic..If we are in top 4 at end of the season that is successful

I have never seen a more honest manager than conte...He speaks what he has in his heart...English is not his native language... So some of his words are lost in  the translation..Even in yesterday's conference he did not give any excuses when many of us are expecting it..I just hope he rejuvenates this team and get us into the winning mood..I want us to back him as long as he stays

1 hour ago, FabHazard said:

This is my opinion..Yes Conte has his faults...

Look at that squad most of them are average players who are playing above their level..I agree with his opinion that we must be realistic..If we are in top 4 at end of the season that is successful

I have never seen a more honest manager than conte...He speaks what he has in his heart...English is not his native language... So some of his words are lost in  the translation..Even in yesterday's conference he did not give any excuses when many of us are expecting it..I just hope he rejuvenates this team and get us into the winning mood..I want us to back him as long as he stays

So true.

There is just no simple answer or simple solution here.

Awful management from Abramovich and his Board already makes Chelsea looking like a long term project in problems. They’ve spent +£400m since Antonio’s arrival and the only player works for Chelsea is Kante, mostly. 

I would be the first to criticize Conte for bad results if Roman signed for him some of our first on the list targets we were after for 2 years but we missed on every single one of them replacing potentially world class signings with not even close level players.

There is no coach in the world good enough for this club, this level players and an owner like Roman Abramovich.

11 minutes ago, Henrique said:

i can't believe he still is in charge after yesterday result.

If we were where Arsenal currently are (very slim chance at top 4) I think Conte would've been sacked after last night. Since we're still right in the thick of a battle for top 4 and Conte clearly hasn't lost the dressing room yet he doesn't deserve the sack.

1 hour ago, Henrique said:

i can't believe he still is in charge after yesterday result.

I literally came here to post this exact message, word for word. I was watching out for the news all day. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.