The Conte Thread

11 minutes ago, Mana said:

The club backed Conte over Costa, so I don't think the relationship was starting to fall apart then.

Conte also isn't a "okay one-trick manager".

Apparently, the club backed Conte, but there were reports that Abramovich was not happy at all with the way he handled things. 

And yes, I agree with you. Antonio is a great  great manager, but what I'm concerned about is his emotional involvement in the job. Can't see the same passion as last season. 

He's not jumping around anymore, not hugging the fans and so on. I think he gave too much last season and has now ran out of energy.

Also, there seems to be a miscommunication between him and the club. You can just feel the tension.

I'm afraid he also lost interest and he just want to finish the job as a professional. Can't see him here for the next season, evey if I wish that will happen. 

6 minutes ago, Mana said:

You should know why he stopped doing that after it has been said in this thread over and over again.

The board isn't backing him on transfers, on top of poor performances from players, the media asking him annoying questions over and over...

I mean we just got knocked out from the League Cup to fecking dinosaur Wenger while playing like shite in the 2nd half. I'm still pissed with that, even during the Newcastle game yesterday. I wasn't celebrating with passion during that game. And I expect Conte to feel the same, that's why he didn't jump around as well.

This window is a shambles (for the 3rd time in a row) so far. No Aubameyang, Sanchez, we can't even get Dzeko of all people. Please, tell ME how Conte going to be happy with this.

I do not understand why you're being so defensive about this. I am not criticizing Conte, I'm just stating the facts. His relationship with the club is broken and I think he will leave in the summer. 

I am not saying it's his fault. Because it's not. It's just how Chelsea FC seems to work. 

7 minutes ago, Mana said:

I am not being defensive. I know those are facts, but we are going slightly off-topic here.

Technically if you agree with what Henrique has said, then you are criticising Conte. You agreed with him saying he is the one that started this mess. 

No. I only agreed with the fact that that was the moment when the mess started. I didn't blame Conte for it. 

Our general attitude and performance during the summer transfer window made it clear that defending the title was never on the board's agenda. That is probably what's driving Conte out of this club.

He can't stand coming second but was given the task of defending himself with a pistol while Pep and Jose were armed with rocket launchers and grenades.

50 minutes ago, Jason said:

When you think about it, Ancelotti is the perfect man for the board. A 'Yes' man, doesn't complain, happy to be pushed around by the board etc.

That would be a perfect match but an unhealthy relationship for we the fans...with that the club ll go down...

2 hours ago, Mana said:

I think you need to read his post again. He is blaming Conte for the mess and saying he was responsible for it.

And you said "I kind of agree with what he said. The relationship between Conte and the club started to deteriorate after that episode. However, I also agree that he was right."

So if this is a misunderstanding, fine, but I was just going on what I've seen here.

Just to make it clear, I agree with Henrique about the timings, but I do not agree with him about who is to blame. 

Things started to get messy once the Costa situation escalated in the media, but the club should've taken Conte's side. Which might seem to be what it did, but I am not 100% convinced. 

It just wasn't the same after that anymore. I am a big supporter of Antonio just like I was for every Chelsea manager, including Benitez. 

But just to be realistic, I cannot see him staying once this season ends. 

6 minutes ago, Mana said:

Costa is always going to butt heads with managers who has an ego or doesn't take shit. Conte isn't the only manager he buttheads with. 

If the club backed Costa instead of Conte, I'm sure Conte would have walked before this season begun. And Costa would still be here. It's clear as day they backed Conte on that debacle.

It's only not the same anymore because we don't have a striker that is in a class of Costa, and the board hasn't backed him in transfers since summer 2016.

Fair enough. You are probably right. 

What is wrong with our club?

we hire conte, we know he always used a big striker to implement his philosophy, we refuse to back him. Now hes complaining and we want to hire Enrique who buys so many players instead of sarri who is proven to cope with stringent budgets like ours. Sarri actually builds teams and has a philosophy anyone can recognize. What exactly did Enrique do in any other club he managed (roma, Celtavigo) that wasnt Barcelona, more specifically didnt have messi?

I'll rather keep conte instead of Enrique. Our club is run by pipes i swear

On 29/01/2018 at 3:49 PM, kellzfresh said:

What is wrong with our club?

we hire conte, we know he always used a big striker to implement his philosophy, we refuse to back him.

Now that we're already in this mess, I personally agree with the board in this specific instance: they know that the next manager probably won't want Dzeko so how much point is there in buying him? Whatever transfers we make this window should suit the club and any of its next possible managers, not just Conte for a few months. But this is exactly the problem with the terrible combination of (a) the club's frugality and (b) its lack of philosophy. We'll find ourselves in this situation again and again as they continue to hire managers based on their track records (as opposed to how well they align with the club's (nonexistent) footballing principles), and continue to allow managers with questionable judgement to sign their favourite players under £40m only.

24 minutes ago, Mana said:

Well guys...after today I can say this:

We are the defending Premier League champions. Champions of England.

Enjoy this sweet, sweet moment while it lasts because it's going to take years upon years before we can challenge for the PL again.

Quite the opposite...football world is quite volatile.....anything can happen between now and the summer window regardless if conte walk away or not...

Just now, Mana said:

You're lying to yourself. 

Even if City somehow "collapse" next season, there's United and Arsenal. We aren't currently good enough, and bring in one person in the summer won't be enough. We need huge upgrades around the park. 

Arsenal? 

Despite our shady recruitment we would still be in a title race any other season, admittedly an outside chance but were still be there.