The Conte Thread

12 hours ago, Henrique said:

Before Conte was appointed he was far from an exciting name. Nobody here was saying "OMG, we are getting Conte!!! That guy is dope as fuck!!!". People got on board the hype train after Italy good run in 2016 Euro.  If Conte is sacked and a new manager achieve some success, everybody will forget Conte, and will say the same things people are saying now about Conte:

Lot of us said that he is the best manager for the player profiles that we have. And we weren't wrong.

Let me ask you #ConteOut crew: What do you think our reality is? 2nd place? Cup winning? What do you expect with this squad?

30 minutes ago, Jason said:

Those comments are taken out of context...Shame that these journalists are coming up with clear agenda and fake propaganda....In the post match interview that guy was asking about transfers..Nothing about the game...Conte was clearly pissed...

33 minutes ago, Jason said:

Grossly misworded quote, typical. 

Asked if he was happy with the club's business, Conte replied: "It's not important. I'm not happy [with the result]. The transfer market is not important. Now we have to focus on the work. Players go, players come. It doesn't change."

4 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

He should stop moaning about transfers...use what u have and walk away gloriously at the end of the season....

The board is pathetic but with his recent public comments he is looking more pathetic...

When did he moan about transfers? ...He clearly said that is not his job and the decisions are taken by the club....

Not being funny, but Mourinho and Conte's style of football is done in this league I think. Attacking teams are now taking over as the dominant styles in the league, the more defensive oriented are losing steam. We need an attacking style with the players we have, not a defensive one. 

Chelsea are not competing with the Manchester clubs any more, insists Gary Neville... and any new manager will have to 'unravel' transfer mess
Chelsea signed three players in transfer window, most tailored to Antonio Conte
Conte is expected to leave in the summer, and their transfers could haunt them
Gary Neville says it will take some time to 'unravel' buys based on Conte's system
He also says champions Chelsea are no longer competing with Manchester clubs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5342553/Neville-Chelsea-arent-competing-Manchester-clubs.html

48CE151400000578-5342553-image-a-9_15175

1 hour ago, Supermonkey92 said:

People will realise when Conte is gone just how bad the next few years are going to be. No more titles. No ambition (anyone honest will realise that Conte's moaning stems from ambition. I haven't forgotten the warrior he is. The level he demands from his players. He has been given a Cleo to race Ferraris). You know happens when everyone realises are ambition doesn't reflect that of other teams? That it isn't good enough? The best players leave. Hazard. Tibo. Willian (who we will miss when we see the cross we replace him with). 

This club needs Conte, because the board needs a manager with ferocious ambition. We all know the board thinks business first. 

Most likely he leaves. I have nothing but respect for him, kinda want him to have a foreign club to support him. So here's my prediction. Abramovich is going to need to have things get a lot worse before the board is reshuffled. Hopefully we put as much effort into choosing sporting directors than we do managers. 

Sadly Roman aint going to sack the "yes men and woman" at least until he can find new yes bodies.

What I really don't understand is this fucking policy they have, get rid of the decent players and bring in dross, i'll state just one example loan out RLC and bring in Drinkwater they'd already replaced Matic with yep you've guessed it Bakayoko.

as regards The Don... "don't shoot the messenger, shoot the sender"

“About Giroud, we are talking about an international player with a lot of experience who plays for the national team, he’s 31 years old. We’re not talking about a young player, for this reason our expectation for him is different. I asked for this type of player with his characteristic from the club. The club gave me this opportunity. With Emerson Palmieri we have a young player with not much international experience, he played last year with Rome, he played a very good season. He’s an option for Marcos Alonso, he has to recover with us but as you know very well, you play if you deserve to play and we can tell this during training sessions day by day.”

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2018/2/2/16965480/conte-thanks-chelsea-for-signings-reaffirms-commitment-to-club-for-manyeth-time

Yeah, baby!