The Conte Thread

1 minute ago, Mana said:

Well if they keep Ozil and Wilshere for next season, yes. They seriously upgraded in last two windows. They SHOULD be up there and better than us with their new squad, but it all depends on Wenger's tactics.

Probably we will, but we will begin to wither before January. We don't have the players to keep up with City and United. We will be in that top 4 race, just like this season.

They have been technically upgrading ever since the summer they signed Ozil and while they have started picking up domestic cups, they have got worse in the league, Arsenal are the least of our worries. And everyone is in that top 4 race this season bar City, including United.

12 minutes ago, Mana said:

You're lying to yourself. 

Even if City somehow "collapse" next season, there's United and Arsenal. We aren't currently good enough, and bring in one person in the summer won't be enough. We need huge upgrades around the park. 

United you are spot on....but arsenal cmon...don't make me laugh...lemme not delve into that...like have said....a lot can happen between now and summer....calm down don't be too stereotypical regarding d situation of the club though d future looks gloomy...

6 minutes ago, Mana said:

Not the same.

Arsenal usually doesn't spend this much money before...they really went OUT this time. Chelsea will not handle Arsenal's attack. We couldn't even handle them BEFORE.

Forget this season, I'm talking next season. We need serious upgrades around the park if we ever going to compete for the league or even beat Arsenal.

You do realise we only won once in 8 meetings against Arsenal? And that's without their upgraded attack? 

Have you forgotten we lost the FA Cup to them? Have you forgotten we lost the Community Shield to them? Have you just forgotten we lost the semi-final to them last week? Stop laughing, pal.

Who cares if we lose those matches to them and end up winning d league...our lost against them is d way conte set up against them not due their form or how good they are....two quality attackers in the mould fekir/gelson/pulisic...and class wingbacks all transform the team dramatically and would have taken that pathetic Wenger team to the cleaners.... It doesn't help when morata keeps misfiring d oda day we met for the second leg league tie...

8 minutes ago, Mana said:

Not the same.

Arsenal usually doesn't spend this much money before...they really went OUT this time. Chelsea will not handle Arsenal's attack. We couldn't even handle them BEFORE.

Forget this season, I'm talking next season. We need serious upgrades around the park if we ever going to compete for the league or even beat Arsenal.

You do realise we only won once in 8 meetings against Arsenal? And that's without their upgraded attack? 

Have you forgotten we lost the FA Cup to them? Have you forgotten we lost the Community Shield to them? Have you just forgotten we lost the semi-final to them last week? Stop laughing, pal.

Kenny's Liverpool done two succesive doubles over us yet didn't get close to us in the table, Palace have won 4 in 8 vs us including back to back at The Bridge. Arsenal may have started getting the better off us in the head to heads (understatement) , but in terms of the overall we are still very much superior to them as is still being reflected in the table. Plus it's hardly upgraded, Mikhi is rubbish and while Auba's very good he's no Alexis.

4 minutes ago, Mana said:

I certainly cared THIS season, as we are not going to win the league...we should be in the League Cup final, but we are not. 

Doesn't matter, they beat us. 

Lol, you just admitted we needed better players. Which I'm saying here. Currently we are not good enough to beat dinosaur Wenger. The facts are there. If we meet Arsenal again this season, Arsenal will beat us.

Hmmm. Kenny's Liverpool is a whole level below the coming new Arsenal. 

They have upgraded. While I agree with Alexis v. Auba with Alexis being better, it's not JUST about one player. Arsenal's attack is strong.

Miki isn't rubbish, he's just not a Mourinho player. Is Salah rubbish? Is De Bruyne rubbish? So no, I strongly disagree that Miki is a rubbish player.

Difference is Salah and KDB were prospects, Mkhi was in his prime and they are the type of players that usually shine under Mou. Arsenal's attack on paper looks good but presents the same problem the Mazacar did for us, even if i turn out to be wrong about Mkhi he and Ozil are number both 10's and Auba and Lacazette are number 9's, will be a tricky task fitting them all in to full effect.

8 minutes ago, Mana said:

I certainly cared THIS season, as we are not going to win the league...we should be in the League Cup final, but we are not. 

Doesn't matter, they beat us. 

Lol, you just admitted we needed better players. Which I'm saying here. Currently we are not good enough to beat dinosaur Wenger. The facts are there. If we meet Arsenal again this season, Arsenal will beat us.

Hmmm. Kenny's Liverpool is a whole level below the coming new Arsenal. 

Let's just agree to disagree or disagree to agree...cos I said in my initial post that a lot can change between now and the summer either conte walks away or Enrique becomes the next manager...my post is a response to your stereotypical opinion that we won't compete for years to come which I quite disagree...

In addition I don't know why you care this season when our summer transfer period was piss poor....us and city needed wingabcks.... They got Walker and Mendy while we got zappacosta....ambition...I can understand your plight as a fan of this club but hey the morons we have in charge of transfer don't give a fucking care so why should I after d closure of d summer transfer I already knew we are in for top 4 battle this season due to our recruitment....we didn't improve improve or upgrade the team if anything we only got like for like replacement for the outgoing players which further deteriorated the quality of the team...

Another reason why I don't give a fuckibg care about the morons in charge of transfers is what is going on regarding dzeko transfer or lemme say potential failure of dzeko transfer....

If we are a club with real ambition....we can approach the transfer another way instead of chasing dwindling dzeko...we can buy a player in the mould of mahrez/fekir and integrate them in pedro/willian role coupled with the imminent arrival of emerson and keep batshuayi and promote Hudson odoi as third choice striker...with that our attack ll transform sporadially...then in the summer improve and upgrade other area of weakness in the squad...

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I am clearly alone in this but im not sure Conte leaving this summer is set in stone, purely because if he was him moaning about transfers makes little sense. 

Yes I don't want Conte to go....but every sign and signals pictures he might leave with reports spreading in the media like fire regarding Enrique as the potential replacement...

14 minutes ago, Mana said:

I still don't think a change of manager is enough for us to win the league next season. The players aren't good enough.

However I do agree with the rest of your post. I shouldn't care about this season, because of our disgusting summer window but we were in the semis and because of that I began to care. We should do our best to not become trophyless 3 out of 5 seasons. I want Hazard to sign da ting. I'll not be surprised if he is currently thinking, this squad isn't good enough for him to win the CL.

That's my frustration with our moronic board...we only need 3 to 4 quality players to make the team a super dynamic and exciting team capable of challenging in all competitions...but too sensible to pull for our pathetic board...

1 minute ago, eemanyooel said:

Yes I don't want Conte to go....but every sign and signals pictures he might leave with reports spreading in the media like fire regarding Enrique as the potential replacement...

It was similar with Jose in summer 2007, i know he left not long later but every man and his dog were convinced he would leave in summer.

If it's been decided he's gone then moaning about transfers is pointless, if going he's basically in a win win situation, due to the narrative the media have set that Romans a trigger happy mess and our players are egotistical cunts that promote player power, he would walk into another top job even if he lost every game from now on.

11 minutes ago, Mana said:

Let's not forget that Conte has a little bit of an ego. Conte doesn't like to lose, even if he knows he is going. It's pride. He's moaning because he wants good players so he can continue to win games, maybe win a cup and leave.

He's proven at 3 different jobs now he can make teams better than the sum of their parts. If he's leaving then he's for all intents and purposes akin to a interim right now so why doesn't he put all his focus in going out in a blaze of glory? Our CL hopes are unlikely but not totally out of the question and there be no better "fuck you" message or boost for the ego/pride than that.

8 hours ago, Tomo said:

I am clearly alone in this but im not sure Conte leaving this summer is set in stone, purely because if he was him moaning about transfers makes little sense. 

I think its the other way: he is probably being vocal about transfers because he does not have a future here, so he probably don't give a damn anymore and and is not afraid to express his feelings. 

Conte not having full managerial powers may or may not be a bad thing.

Look at the wonders Jose did with it: do you remember KDB and Salah (not to mention Lukaku)?

If they are not good enough to play in his fabled starting XI, they are sold. Now, whoever hires jose should know that.

2 hours ago, Robguima said:

Conte not having full managerial powers may or may not be a bad thing.

Look at the wonders Jose did with it: do you remember KDB and Salah (not to mention Lukaku)?

If they are not good enough to play in his fabled starting XI, they are sold. Now, whoever hires jose should know that.

They need to put faith in a manager because we will be in this vicious cycle forever. Conte has proven that he is quality and already won us the league. 

If you want to build a team that can compete for a good 5 years then we need that type of investment we gave Jose when he first came here. 

The core of that team lasted for ages and was easier to build around. Jose might have left but future managers had something to work with. 

Seek out out an identity, get the right manager to implement that style of play and invest in what they need. 

Otherwise nothing will change. We will continue to frustrate managers and Buy players that aren’t good enough for the team