The Conte Thread

Don't know about this "vote of confidence", we are still in pole position to finish in top 4, even top 3, so we'll see after tonight's game, situation is not that bad. Media have sure blown it out of proportions.

But he for sure wants to stay, and even extend his stay if club wants it too, so that's great.

1 hour ago, Ledgi said:

Huh? Conte spent the whole season complaining about everything there is to complain and appearing unhappy but now wants the board to back him? The manager's position is always gonna get questioned if the team do not get results but Conte put himself in the uncertain position he is now because of his constant moaning. Every time when we have a bad result, he always makes it worse by having a moan about transfers, the team not being good enough etc. He's the one who has been constantly adding fuel to the fire and handing the media the ammunition to speculate over his future and put negative vibes around the club. If he had kept some of the complaints to himself and just focused on getting results, he wouldn't be in a position of having to answer questions about his future every week.

''It meant a final position of seventh – Roma’s lowest position in a decade – and failure to qualify for European competition. Luis Enrique declared that he would be leaving the club at the end of the season, stating: “I had another year on the contract but didn’t feel that I had any more to give Roma. It let me see other players and other ways of playing the game.”''

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/07/11/if-rome-wasnt-built-in-a-day-luis-enrique-and-a-season-in-italy/

32 minutes ago, Leif said:

Luis Enrique is literally the least qualified manager we've been linked to under Roman, full stop. 

He got his first proper gig (Roma manager) because they were desperate for apparent quality, and saw that 'Barcelona B's' manager was available. They wouldn't have gone for him had he managed any regular side - it was the Barcelona tag which did it for them - and he brought 0 genius, experimental, 0 progressive energy with him. So anyway, that tenure only lasted 1 year. Couldn't even last 1 year with Roma. They expected beautiful Barcelona football; they got average, Genoa-tier football.

After failing with Roma, 1 fine season with Celta Vigo.

Then back to his previous club, to win a few trophies with Suarez/Messi/etc. The worst managers in the world could achieve this same story.

Absolutely universes away from being good enough for the Chelsea we're supposed to be. His quality would barely have us fighting for top 4.
Juventus went from Conte to Allegri (sickening enough, I surely wouldn't be able to take it.) Imagine they went from Conte to Luis Enrique instead :lol:
But they take their club seriously.

enrique_romanista.jpg?itok=FWWvrdam

I just hope we dont make a mistake and hire him. He doesnt know how to build teams, it will be a disaster for us and reality check for him when he gets to our club and realizes he has to cope with the likes of bakayoko, moses, zapacosta, drinkwater, alonso and cahill as our first team players.

:lol: There's no need to get all touchy about Conte whenever someone says something negative.

He’s right though, no matter what he says or does there are you guys to criticize him. It doesn’t matter that he wants what we want, you keep condemning the man who wants Chelsea to show some ambition.

You guys are so fickle. Most of you sound like the journalists out there who work tirelessly to destabilize the club.

And I’m sorry but to be a supporter means to support the club. The club is the staff, players and manager. If you can’t show support in time of need don’t call yourself a supporter, you’re probably closer to a fan or fanboy.

What kind of training has he got them doing ?
Barkley has pulled his hamstring now. That's 8 hamstrings this season and 5 in the last month.

So not the amount of games but how they train? I’m pretty sure it has to do with the amount of games for such a thin squad.

Really hoping that Conte stays and we turn this around but I can't see it. This is all too similar to pre-Mourinho firing but this time it's less down to the manager and more the club. I feel like there's a growing majority here that won't mind him getting sacked but I personally believe he's been treated appallingly not just by the club after delivering a title with a mediocre side, but also by the media, who as usual, are the absolute worst, I know it comes with the territory but shame on them, lowest of the low. 

And also these so called supporters who seem to be lapping up everything the journos throw at the club.

Congratulations guys! You’ve allowed the outside noise to destabilize the club. You have become so fickle it’s embarrassing! One minute you are singing the praises of conte for delivering the title from 10th and the next you want him out for not playing Hudson-odoi or letting Matic go. The same Matic everyone wanted gone because he was so poor in the second half of the year.

This generation of Chelsea supporter is in the mold of the maniacal owner who fires a manager in the tunnel of the last game for finishing 2nd. This is what you have become.