The Conte Thread

1 hour ago, Essien19 said:

You never know: Roman law.

Winning nothing in two consecutive seasons is a massive underachievement for this club, don't think Roman would tolerate it.
Conte is a winner, he will do everything in his power to make it happen, so we'll see, maybe this time he could get away with it, we'll find out soon enough!

Roman won't be happy but lf Roman purely judges managers on whether a trophy is won or not, then Di Matteo would have at least got the full season after Munich.

If Conte is showing genuine progression, I can't see any problems in terms of job security.

Last name: Conti

http://www.surnamedb.com/Surname/Conti

This famous surname recorded in the spellings of Comte, Conte and Conti, is of Italian, French, Spanish, and Portuguese origins. It derives from the Latin 'comptus' meaning 'order or control', and such in the Roman Empire it applied to officials of rank responsible for administering a small region. Later it was adopted as a major mark of nobility throughout much of Europe. Many holders of the surname do indeed have nobility in their blood, whilst others hold the title as a result of either being associated with title holders perhaps through being officials of the noble, or as a nickname for one who had noble aspirations, or possibly because ancestors played the role of a Count in the very popular medieval travelling theatres of the middle ages between the 10th and the 16th century in Europe. What is without argument is that name had such rank that one Italian family were the 'Princes de Conti', in France 'Le Comte de St. Jean' and in Langedoc the 'Conte de Tauriers'. Examples of the surname recording from church records include Juan Conti, who married Anna Maria Vicens, at La Bisbal, Santa Maria, Gerona on May 2nd 1750, whilst in the USA Corina Ida Conti, the daughter of Domenico Conti, was christened at Tomales, California on June 19th 1893. The coat of arms most associated with this distinguished surname is probably that of a red lion rampant regardant set on a gold field. The first recorded spelling of the family name is shown to be that of Lucretia Conti, which was dated December 12th 1577, christened at Messina, Italy, during the reign of Pope Gregory 111, reigned from 172 to 1585. Surnames became necessary when governments introduced personal taxation. In England this was known as Poll Tax. Throughout the centuries, surnames in every country have continued to "develop" often leading to astonishing variants of the original spelling.

© Copyright: Name Origin Research www.surnamedb.com 1980 - 2016

I'm so happy. Welcome !

Board did amazing job on this one. I like the quote from Marina "We are very pleased to have recruited one of the most highly regarded managers in world football and we are equally pleased to do so before the end of the current season. This aids our future planning."

I'm somehow confident now we get this right in the summer. The players we're linked with are some great players, I'm just optimistic it will be done correctly and fast.

Great day overall.

12 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Roman won't be happy but lf Roman purely judges managers on whether a trophy is won or not, then Di Matteo would have at least got the full season after Munich.

If Conte is showing genuine progression, I can't see any problems in terms of job security.

Di Matteo fucked up in the UCL in the second season, maybe the most important competition for big Rom.
In my view that shows how quickly game over can become a reality for the Chelsea manager.
The same applies for Avb and second place wasn't good enough for Ancelotti to keep his job.
Mourinho got away with a trophyless season, but that's Mou.
I think Rom is still ruthless, but these days you have to do it with less money, Chelsea job has become one of the most difficult around.

Anyway, Conte seems to be up for it, he doesn't take shit from anyone, will be interesting to watch from distance.

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

This forum has been like this since everyone realized Chelsea were going to be shit this year. It's clear that TalkChelsea was filled with bandwagoners and plastics. This place used to have loads more posters and the site would crash due to server overload. Now it's seemingly only a group of about 20 people who post regularly. Pretty sad.

Guess they've all gone and become City fans...

This is a strange post lol. For most Chelsea fans it's pre-season now. You've been here long enough no-one cares re pre season :lol:.

Fans like me are just disillusioned by the club, yay we've got a head coach, how long until the next one arrives? because nothing changes from top-down, yes men will continue too say yes.

3 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

We just appointed a new manager, and this thread is still on the first page?

Have people bailed already?:lol:

Most are shocked, stunned, and fainted, couldn't even logging in, lol.

Most likely because it is bloody Monday night. Works and stuff on the first day of the week can be really hard. You know..

If this happening at the weekend, surely things will be crazier.

Ah, what the hell am I doing...... Welcome, Conte!

Let the party begin! :delight::getin::dance::drunk::drunk:

I love this quote

" I am proud to be the coach of the national team of my country and only a role as attractive as manager of Chelsea could follow that."

Welcome to Chelsea Conte. Lets hope you get the power and support to have a fuckin good clearout and start bringing our character back.

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

How long will he last at the club?

Six months? One season? Two?

Think he's 100% nailed on to have 2 summer transfer windows. Surely next season's sole goal from the higher-ups is CL qualification. They can't possibly have a title or bust mentality in Conte's first season.

No chance he gets sacked during his first season.