The Conte Thread

5 hours ago, Miguelito said:

Time to move on....

It will never happen. If you dont back the best manager this club ever had given a second chance, you will never back anyone. Changes his mind too often and Indulges the 'yes roman' board too much.

As already said, nobody should be poking around his desk, let him conduct things, let him make decisions who comes and who go's and most of all back with money for whatever is needed.

This season has been the biggest slap in the fucking face ever, DO NOT let it happen again.

8 hours ago, kmk108 said:

If calling him "head coach" isn't just a matter of semantics, I can see this blowing up very quickly. He seems like the kind of guy that wants to make the big decisions, and if he's got the board poking around his office the entire time, I can see this getting ugly fast.

This club needs to realize that what's happened this season isn't down to the manager alone. It's on everyone at the club.

Mourinho was a "manager" yet you feels he hadn't got much control over tranfers. Pochettino is a "head coach" yet you feel the squad is shaped under his direction.

Board tries to sign the players from managers order but they have to be financially viable, something that Mourinho mentioned. They work in a group, he is the football man, then there's a team responsible for negotiations and the team responsible for financial impact. Not longer than 2 years ago Mourinho praised fantastic work done by the small teams in the club responsible for their duties and said that the transfer window could be closed on 19th of July. Then there was last summer window when Chelsea failed with matching enourmous demands from the clubs for their players, more than anything. There was a dilemma between going for big but unprobable or settling for lesser targets.

All in all, both Mourinho and Pochettino work in similar conditions.

So head coach Antonio Conte has to deal with other teams withing the club responsible e.g. financial aspect of the transfers. But no doubt club will try to go for his targets and the players we're linked with at the moment are great, you can't do bad if you pull something off this.

9 hours ago, kmk108 said:

If calling him "head coach" isn't just a matter of semantics, I can see this blowing up very quickly. He seems like the kind of guy that wants to make the big decisions, and if he's got the board poking around his office the entire time, I can see this getting ugly fast.

This club needs to realize that what's happened this season isn't down to the manager alone. It's on everyone at the club.

Fair point but I don't think Conte is the kind of a man who says yes to things if he doesn't have a strong say in matters like transfer targets etc.

6 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

He led us a couple points off the relegation zone after 16 games. 9 losses, 3 draws and only 4 wins. He was done, out of ideas and fully deserved the sack. Get over it.

And don't start with the "he wasn't backed in the transferwindow. That's not an excuse for the disastrous season he lead us into. 

The Jose Mourinho that arrived in 2004 was the best manager this club ever had. The Jose Mourinho that arrived here in 2013 wasn't even close to the one in 2004.

I don't know what exactly happened at Real Madrid but it changed him in a really bad way.

I am not so sure. Not sanctioning specific targets has a disastous effect on a teams aspirations and also on the remaining players -which is often overlooked.  I could say to you ''And dont start with the blaming it on the Real Madrid scenario''. You have no proof. The POY belgian   'individual' for 2014-15 was definitely not performing amongst several others  -that is a certainty along with Abramovich surrounding himself with self seeking money orientated, non football yes people. Anyway I hope Conte is left alone.

The clue is in your last sentence though ''I dont know exactly what happened...'' No, no one does

Wooohoo - let's get this shebang on the road!

Looking forward to a nice summer of signings and Euros - I hope we get the signings done early - don't want any Euro's premium added to transfer prices :)

Everything wrapped up quickly would be ideal.

Andy Townsend believes that new Chelsea manager Antonio Conte will be able to “capture the attention” of the club’s players in the same way former boss Jose Mourinho used to.
http://www.squawka.com/news/conte-will-capture-the-attention-of-chelsea-players-like-just-mourinho-did-predicts-townsend/636198#pecDUL02lgWI2azW.99

47 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I am not so sure. Not sanctioning specific targets has a disastous effect on a teams aspirations and also on the remaining players -which is often overlooked.  I could say to you ''And dont start with the blaming it on the Real Madrid scenario''. You have no proof. The POY  'individual' for 2014-15 was definitely not performing amongst several others  -that is a certainty along with Abramovich surrounding himself with self seeking money orientated, non football yes people. Anyway I hope Conte is left alone.

The clue is in your last sentence though ''I dont know exactly what happened...'' No, no one does

So a bad summer led us to relegation zone? 

Get the heck out of here. 

You don't need a lot of money to do good as shown by Leicester and tottenham. 

If you can't get your target like pogba and stone then don't buy or settle for less.