The Conte Thread

7 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

We just appointed a new manager, and this thread is still on the first page?

Have people bailed already?:lol:

I think everyone has posted their comments on Conte in the "Next Chelsea manager" thread, sometime over the last 2 months.

Welcome Mr Antonio Conte!

Hope the Board and Roman backs him up 100% and let him buy (i.e. BIG transfer kitty) and sell whoever he wants as well as allow him complete freedom in integrating youth players into his squad. 

1 hour ago, Essien19 said:

Good luck, Conte, you're gonna need it, win a trophy or next year you're out of the job, imo.

I think making at least the top 4 is the realistic demand after this joke of a season.

Real good choice by the board ... After a long time we will have a manager who is not coming in as mere replacement for a short term, not in for damage control, not in to fill gaps but a selection which is given a real thought. What he's gonna get in terms for budget for transfers can be speculated until the transfer window is not over. 

It a very good choice ... hoping that he is able to get back the glory days back .... Welcome Conte!!!  

8 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

I think making at least the top 4 is the realistic demand after this joke of a season.

You never know: Roman law.

Winning nothing in two consecutive seasons is a massive underachievement for this club, don't think Roman would tolerate it.
Conte is a winner, he will do everything in his power to make it happen, so we'll see, maybe this time he could get away with it, we'll find out soon enough!

Good. Now we can start identifying new signings.  

Top possible players: Payet, kante, pjanic, coman, stones, Moutinho 

Okay possible players: nainggolan, ogbonna (Westham CB, worked with Conte in Juve) imbulla, pato?

Hopefully he gambles on some youth players like Musonda, traore, Ake, just like he did with pogba. 

I never really liked him, but tbf there wasn't any better choice among the available managers, especially after we couldn't get Simeone. Also he did a great job at Juventus and you can't deny his contribution in making them successful again.