The Conte Thread

And so another new dawn for our club. Conte comes in and hopefully will resurrect the team and change our fortunes. What I really hope is that he is given the time to rebuild and get us on a firm footing again. I am a tad tired of us hiring a manager, who wins a few trophies and is then dismissed as soon as the results dont go our way. We need stability, and if this guy can steady the ship then give him the time and the backing in the transfer market. I dont think we will challenge for the Premiership next season or maybe even the season after, but we will not challenge again unless we keep faith with a manager who gets us heading in the right direction. Hopefully this is the guy to do it.

Personally I felt that when we had Ancellotti we were onto a good one and he was the one to get us back our reputation following on from Jose. But after a few poor results he was gone and the merry-go-round started. He had a way about him that I admired, but since then our appointments have been questionable for the long term goals of the club. (Yes I do know know that we won the European Cup during that time, but that was an act of God!!)  Lets all get behind Conte and give him next season at least before we make any judgement on his performance.

And if he's shit I'll be the first to call for his head :D

16 minutes ago, The Mak said:

In case some are wondering about his level of English...this was while Mourinho was still in a job by the way, so I imagine it has improved quite a bit in the past few months.

Not too bad. Feels similar to when Ancelotti first arrived in 2009.

Imagine the absolute meltdowns and slanderous "fraud" articles that will pop up if Italy crash out early. :D

"Conte will never be able to compete in the PL! He'll be totally out coached." Lot of good that great World Cup placing has done LvG. Hopefully the majority of our supporters realize that what someone does with a national team doesn't necessarily correlate with club work. We've witnessed it with Guus and Ranieri who were shocking in one facet and great in the other.

3 hours ago, Essien19 said:

Di Matteo fucked up in the UCL in the second season, maybe the most important competition for big Rom.
In my view that shows how quickly game over can become a reality for the Chelsea manager.
The same applies for Avb and second place wasn't good enough for Ancelotti to keep his job.
Mourinho got away with a trophyless season, but that's Mou.
I think Rom is still ruthless, but these days you have to do it with less money, Chelsea job has become one of the most difficult around.

Anyway, Conte seems to be up for it, he doesn't take shit from anyone, will be interesting to watch from distance.

Mourinho kind of strengthens the point, he had to literally do as bad he did this season to be sacked, if we was as "high" as 10th he would still be here, because of his track track record Roman didn't pull the plug until there was literally no choice.

AVB was another Roman wanted to give time to, he didn't even want to sack him and, like with Jose, didn't until there was no other option, 10/11 was such a shit season (despite finishing second) and it was clear AVB would have got time if he say finished 3rd and showed positive signs in a good direction, but he didn't.

Carlo, although I would have at the time given him a last year to redeem himself, he fucked up that year, if there was ever a team in a false league position it was us in 10/11, the opening five games when we were still on a title rebound inflated the stats and made that season look better than it was, we are still feeling the effects of that season to this day. While I wanted him to stay at the time in hindsight I'm glad he went, he makes Rafa look flexible in terms of changing things from the bench, did he ever change a game with his subs once for us or even an in game tactical switch for that matter? I mean even Grant had his famous Belletti and Anelka moment vs Arsenal. 

I honestly believe a season or two without silverware will be accepted if progress is being made, for argument sake next season back in top four with a clear style and blueprint and season two get mid to high 80s but narrowly lose to City, can you see him losing his job? I can't.

I just read the news about his signing and it makes me really happy.

Have a good trainer is a basic piece for a good project.

Welcome to Chelsea Antonio. I hope to celebrate many titles with you.

tumblr_mzb3zaLqCs1s6hgjio1_400.gif

8 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

We just appointed a new manager, and this thread is still on the first page?

Have people bailed already?:lol:

Actually he is head coach, instead of manager. The club is making it pretty clear how things work.