The Mourinho Thread

some here don't have a red line concerning Jose's decisions or performance ... IMO, if he decides to let either of Oscar or Hazard go in the summer and we aren't in a good position to win the CL or PL by X-Mas, he should be sacked

IF we start the season badly will he even make it to Xmas? If he repeats that Old Trafford performance against early next season with Costa in the side I think Roman's fingers would start to get itchy.

what's really surprising for me is how shit we are now from set pieces, there is virtually no threat from them at all

our corners used to be like penalty kicks

don't know how Mou managed to fuck that up too

mata was such a badass from setpiece, schrulle and william are downgrade to his delivery quality no wonder its different....

too many times today, team forced to go back by simple pressure. apart from Hazard, none of the attacking mids confident of keeping ball under pressure today. Schurrle and Salah pacy and direct but not much use vs a parked bus. Willian slightly better but didn't do great today

He just said in his post match conference to Sky that he didn't expect Norwich to come and sit deep... Seriously Jose?

dont make a mountain out of a molehill.

he gave a very honest assessment of the game.

and what is wrong with saying that he dint expect norwich to come and sit deep. norwich with a draw are at 33 points, sunderland are at 35 and wba are at 36 with sunderland and wba to play EACH OTHER. sunderland have a better goal difference than norwich (massively) and wba getting a point secures their PL for next season. so it was downright STUPID of norwich to come and play the way they did.

mata was such a badass from setpiece, schrulle and william are downgrade to his delivery quality no wonder its different....

But there's also the fact there is less combination of movements in the box. Agains, it's simple one on one and strength that he relies on.

and what is wrong with saying that he dint expect norwich to come and sit deep. norwich with a draw are at 33 points, sunderland are at 35 and wba are at 36 with sunderland and wba to play EACH OTHER. sunderland have a better goal difference than norwich (massively) and wba getting a point secures their PL for next season. so it was downright STUPID of norwich to come and play the way they did.

so they shocked us ,, and we couldn't overcome their tactics ,,, GREAT ...

he's failed in pretty much everything he tried this season

he failed to improve our creativity and ability to produce free flowing football

he failed to win a trophy with his defensive tactics

he failed to integrate any youth players in the team

This was never a reality in the first season.

More like a second or third season thing.

Mourinho on our strikers...

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3805203/title/final-whistle-verdict-we-risked-everything

'Our strikers are good strikers, no doubt about that, but they are players with specific qualities, they are not the kind of players who, in five square metres, with three or four players around them can get the ball, dribble around and make the shot.

'When the team is in a difficult situation they are not normally able to resolve that but they are good players, players I respect and they have given everything over the season to help.

'To compete in a competition full of good teams and in the Champions League against the best teams in the world, which isn't the case in the Europa League, the boys did a good job. It didn't make us completely happy, of course, we want more, but it's a base from which to start from next season.'

so they shocked us ,, and we couldn't overcome their tactics ,,, GREAT ...

or simply put we could not break them down like wba, whu, villa, palace etc etc...

i really dont think we were set up to just counter today, but these days if the manager gives his honest assessment of things, even that is taken out of context.

or simply put we could not break them down like wba, whu, villa, palace etc etc...

i really dont think we were set up to just counter today, but these days if the manager gives his honest assessment of things, even that is taken out of context.

Quite frankly Ive stopped listening to Jose ,, I just judge what I see on the pitch

don't think there's anything wrong in this specific statement. Norwich do need a win.

I'm not making a mountain out of a molehill. Those are the words that Mourinho said. I don't understand how anyone would think that it's stupid for Norwich to come to the Bridge and not go all out attacking gung-ho when they clearly don't have the talent or players to do such.

Norwich needed a win but do you seriously think they'd try and win it by going all out attacking against a team that is good at counter attacking but bad at breaking down teams that sit deep? Seriously? That would be incredibly stupid from the Norwich manager. His approach was right - he tried to nick it at the end when the game opened up by bringing on Redmond who caused chaos near the end of the game but it didn't happen for them.

I do think he let that slightly affect his game plan - hence why when he realised that Norwich came to defend he changed it up at HT by straight away bringing on Luiz and Hazard. Also partly the reason why we were slow and lethargic in the first half. Mourinho was clearly being reactive again rather than proactive.