Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The Mourinho Thread

Followers 4

Which just shows using single knock out cups to measure managers success is silly. Di Matteo has succeeded were Hiddink, Mou and Carlo all failed at Chelsea, yet i doubt even Robbie's biggest fan would put him on par with those 3. Moyes could have fluked it and found himself 1 behind Fergie with years ahead off him.
And you say we gave up the league to focus on the CL, well so did Real this season.
On another note, if Jose smashed the world record and lost the title to a squad that cost half that player alone he would get crucified regardless off what cups were won.

Real lost by 3 points (1 game) off the top.. We were 25 points from the top and even Newcastle was higher than us.

Also, Jose took Pellgrini team that brought in ronaldo, benzema, alonso and kaka and beat Pep in the league 2 seasons later during the year barcelona had so much internal and injury problems, than got his ass handed by Tito

• Like 2
  • Replies 38.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jase

• Fernando

• xPetrCechx

• Tomo

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm genuinely surprised by how some don't seem to realize how bad the situation really is. This is by far worse than any of the 'bad runs' by any of our previous managers. It's our worst start to a se

Posted Images

Real lost by 3 points (1 game) off the top.. We were 25 points from the top and even Newcastle was higher than us.

Also, Jose took Pellgrini team that brought in ronaldo, benzema, alonso and kaka and beat Pep in the league 2 seasons later during the year barcelona had so much internal and injury problems, than got his ass handed by Tito

We lost 25 points from the top because we had no Manager and we had a team that was as good/bad as Everton this season.

Carlo has won a CL, congratule Carlo. Why talk about José ? Everything has to be about him or what ?

So it seems, people are obsess with him.....

• Like 1

It often seems we are only allowed to praise two Chelsea coaches ,, Jose and Hiddink :halo: .. At least I think we are allowed to praise

Hiddink.

I actually like Hiddink and Carlo better then Mourinho, cause unlike Mourinho they don't have to resort to shenanigans mind games speaking a bunch of bullshit to win.

If you are good, you are good no matter what a fool might say.

That being said, our current coach is Mourinho and while I might not agree with him in everything and is not my favorite coach he has my support.

It's better to support then saying I wish this manager and so and so was here....

• Like 3

I actually like Hiddink and Carlo better then Mourinho, cause unlike Mourinho they don't have to resort to shenanigans mind games speaking a bunch of bullshit to win.

If you are good, you are good no matter what a fool might say.

That being said, our current coach is Mourinho and while I might not agree with him in everything and is not my favorite coach he has my support.

It's better to support then saying I wish this manager and so and so was here....

Yes, But about what really matters in a coach... 20 tittles in 12 years, for example a Champions League with a team that cost for sure less then 20M£.

I like Sharapova more than Mourinho, she is really wonderful.

• Like 2

Yes, But about what really matters in a coach... 20 tittles in 12 years, for example a Champions League with a team that cost for sure less then 20M£.

I like Sharapova more than Mourinho, she is really wonderful.

Guardiola has more tittles in less time yet I'm not wanking over him every second. :rolleyes:

Guardiola has more in less time yet I'm not wanking over him every second.

Congratulations for him... This topic is about Mourinho, if you have any problem about it, tell that to the person that came here to talk about Ancelotti.

You can like more Ancelotti or Hiddink but for sure they are not better coaches than Mourinho. The numbers prove it.

The day a coach wins a Champions League with a team that cost for sure less than 20M£ you can come here and try to compare him with Mourinho

• Like 2

Congratulations for him... This topic is about Mourinho, if you have any problem about it, tell that to the person that came here to talk about Ancelotti.

You can like more Ancelotti or Hiddink but for sure they are not better coaches than Mourinho. The numbers prove it.

The day a coach wins a Champions League with a team that cost for sure less than 20M£ you can come here try to compare him with Mourinho

Did I ever question that?

I like two other managers better because of their style of play they implement in the team and personality simple.

But as you state, number and numbers. Just like numbers prove that Guardiola won more tittles in shorter time then Mourinho.

And I still don't like them as much as these two, but if Guardiola was here he would have my support.

But we have Mourinho and he has my support!

Guardiola would never make a team like the Porto of Mou win the Champions League. He has already worsened Bayern's already perfect squad. What a dumb overrated prick Gaydiola is..

• Like 4

Lol at people getting mad about comparing Mou and Carlo in a Mou thread. Jose>>>>>Carlo.

Carlo did what he had to do though.

Did I ever question that?

I like two other managers better because of their style of play they implement in the team and personality simple.

But as you state, number and numbers. Just like numbers prove that Guardiola won more tittles in shorter time then Mourinho.

And I still don't like them as much as these two, but if Guardiola was here he would have my support.

But we have Mourinho and he has my support!

Guardiola was given the greatest Barca team, and one of the greatest clubs ever, Mou won with Porto and Inter. And he has succeeded in 4 different leagues, Pep had success with Messi, Xavi, Iniesta in Spain. He had a good 1st season in Germany with a Bayern squad that looked like it was gonna dominate football for years.

As for numbers:

Porto (2002–2004)

Primeira Liga (2)

Taça de Portugal (1)

Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira (1)

UEFA Champions League (1)

UEFA Cup (1)

Chelsea (2004–2007)

Premier League (2)

FA Cup (1)

Football League Cup (2)

Community Shield (1)

Internazionale (2008–2010)

Serie A (2)

Coppa Italia (1)

Supercoppa Italiana (1)

Real Madrid (2010–2013)

La Liga (1)

Copa del Rey (1)

Supercopa de España (1)

When these other coaches win all the major trophies you can win in a league (excluding CL) multiple times they will be better than Mou. Or if they can win with one team for 25+ years, ala Sir Alex.

• Like 2

Lol at people getting mad about comparing Mou and Carlo in a Mou thread. Jose>>>>>Carlo.

Carlo did what he had to do though.

Guardiola was given the greatest Barca team, and one of the greatest clubs ever, Mou won with Porto and Inter. And he has succeeded in 4 different leagues, Pep had success with Messi, Xavi, Iniesta in Spain. He had a good 1st season in Germany with a Bayern squad that looked like it was gonna dominate football for years.

As for numbers:

Porto (2002–2004)

Primeira Liga (2)

Taça de Portugal (1)

Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira (1)

UEFA Cup (1)

Chelsea (2004–2007)

Premier League (2)

FA Cup (1)

Football League Cup (2)

Community Shield (1)

Internazionale (2008–2010)

Serie A (2)

Coppa Italia (1)

Supercoppa Italiana (1)

Real Madrid (2010–2013)

La Liga (1)

Copa del Rey (1)

Supercopa de España (1)

When these other coaches win all the major trophies you can win in a league (excluding CL) multiple times they will be better than Mou. Or if they can win with one team for 25+ years, ala Sir Alex.

Not going to bother debating since your clearly a big mourinho fan as your already bias to the numbers.

Is like debating with an arsenal fan vs a Chelsea fan which of their team is best.

• Like 1

Not going to bother debating since your clearly a big mourinho fan as your already bias to the numbers.

Is like debating with an arsenal fan vs a Chelsea fan which of their team is best.

How? What has Pep done to be better than Pep? Klopp is better than Mou. Carlo is solid, but not on the level of Mou, Alex, Rijkaard, etc.

Yes, Carlo did what Mourinho couldn't. With the team RM already had we can't really talk about Isco, Bale, Illara when he already had Alonso, di Maria, Ronaldo, Benz, Pipita, Ozil... RM had a great team and Carlo actually improved Madrid's tactics. He played Alonso and Modric in their rightful positions imo, he moved di María to a third man position in the midfield that was surprising. He took a lot of risks. I cursed his moves a lot at the beginning of the season because he wouldn't make changes when his ideas weren't being much productive, but he was right. He was sticking to his ideas and it paid off with La Décima. His RM though was a shame in La Liga. They should have won it, but they tanked in the last 4-5 games... it was sort of ridiculous some of their games, but I'm not sure if it wasn't because their minds were already in UCL final. There has been an obsession at Madrid with winning La Décima. Good thing it's behind the club now.

I didn't follow much of RM this season because I still have many issues with Florentino Crazy Perez, but the Bale signing paid off and well, good for RM...

I don't discredit Mourinho to losing to the teams he did in all those lost UCL SF, but I do think he needs to improve his repertoire. He's been a bit stuck in the same tactics and systems and he needs to adapt better and start offering answers when we need them. I prefer Carlo's RM to Mourinho's, partially because of more suitable (not better or worse) tactics and because he didn't have half of the dressing room against him like Mou did. Mou did nothing wrong to those mother fuckers that went against him. He was doing his job and they weren't doing theirs properly... but shit like this happens (it happened here too) and everyone involved payed for it.

It'll have a special taste to succeed RM as UCL champions :P Maybe even over them ;)

Well done Carlo, but I think Mourinho did a good job at RM especially given the circumstances after the dressing room was missed.

• Like 3

Yes, Carlo did what Mourinho couldn't. With the team RM already had we can't really talk about Isco, Bale, Illara when he already had Alonso, di Maria, Ronaldo, Benz, Pipita, Ozil... RM had a great team and Carlo actually improved Madrid's tactics. He played Alonso and Modric in their rightful positions imo, he moved di María to a third man position in the midfield that was surprising. He took a lot of risks. I cursed his moves a lot at the beginning of the season because he wouldn't make changes when his ideas weren't being much productive, but he was right. He was sticking to his ideas and it paid off with La Décima. His RM though was a shame in La Liga. They should have won it, but they tanked in the last 4-5 games... it was sort of ridiculous some of their games, but I'm not sure if it wasn't because their minds were already in UCL final. There has been an obsession at Madrid with winning La Décima. Good thing it's behind the club now.

I didn't follow much of RM this season because I still have many issues with Florentino Crazy Perez, but the Bale signing paid off and well, good for RM...

I don't discredit Mourinho to losing to the teams he did in all those lost UCL SF, but I do think he needs to improve his repertoire. He's been a bit stuck in the same tactics and systems and he needs to adapt better and start offering answers when we need them. I prefer Carlo's RM to Mourinho's, partially because of more suitable (not better or worse) tactics and because he didn't have half of the dressing room against him like Mou did. Mou did nothing wrong to those mother fuckers that went against him. He was doing his job and they weren't doing theirs properly... but shit like this happens (it happened here too) and everyone involved payed for it.

It'll have a special taste to succeed RM as UCL champions :P Maybe even over them ;)

Well done Carlo, but I think Mourinho did a good job at RM especially given the circumstances after the dressing room was missed.

this one reason I don't want real to win the champions league with Carlo first spell the stone thrown at Jose will speak move mountain