The Mourinho Thread

If anyone complains about Chelsea's games under Jose, he ought to find other team to support. This team has done much more than expected. For him to field weaker team against liverscums, I fully agree with him. The refs appointed will make sure Chelsea's not winning on Sunday. So why not save your best for Atletico, I would like to ask?

So no voicing your opinions ... only going Ga-Ga !!!!

Are we seriously going to do this every season?

If Roman and co want us to fight for the title just incase there's a chance someone will slip up, they won't be happy to see Jose put out a weakened team. If they want us to go all out for the CL they will grant him the decision to put out a weakened side.

We also have to be 100% sure of top 3. We don't want 4th spot where you have to qualify for the CL.

maybe they wanted Pep. the rumours were strong on that but once he went to bayern who else was there?

And is that a good justification to appoint a wrong fit manager for what you are supposedly trying to achieve?

If winning was the only objective then fine, Roman made the right decision but the way the club has been banging on about shifting to a more attractive and expansive style, it's counter productive . . . . . .

If anyone complains about Chelsea's games under Jose, he ought to find other team to support. This team has done much more than expected. For him to field weaker team against liverscums, I fully agree with him. The refs appointed will make sure Chelsea's not winning on Sunday. So why not save your best for Atletico, I would like to ask?

if we were leading 2-0 from last night, i would have disagreed. but right now CL has to be the priority.

i would have disagreed cos, more than the title (which is a very long shot now), we have to give thought on th 3rd spot. losing to pool would mean just 2 points off arsenal with 2 games to play. plus the league form we are in, puts us in a bit of a bother. but right now, we have to give all our thoughts to CL.

When we're at our best, counter attacking with pace and power i honestly think that's exciting. The best performance I've seen from Chelsea in the last few years was against City, we were rock solid at the back but so dangerous on the counter. It was excellent.

We obviously struggle to break down smaller sides but with a few additions to the team i think we'll be able to play with less caution and more freedom. Jose is rightly worried about our lack of goals up front, he cant really do anything about that until the summer so in the mean time we have to make sure we keep a clean sheet and hope one of our attacking midfielders show up the score or make an assist.

This is a controversial opinion what i'm about to express but it's the truth nonetheless. It's Romans fault. I mean why recruit a well renowned defensive and conservative manager if your aim and objective is to move away from such style of football. This is a'kin to recruiting Guardiola for a team that wants to play catenaccio or counter attacking style of football. Wrong horses for courses and total clash of philosophy.

What did Roman expect, that Jose was the right fit and would suddenly break away from his own philosophy and turn us into a team that plays attacking football.

Yup this is true.

The club and Roman have wanted attractive Fútbol, well what the hell they expect in getting Mourinho back?

If they got him back is because they said fuck it we just want to win and don't care how we do it.

have to agree that people here have a point.

i mean we were simply without our best DM(matic), our best Am(hazard), our best striker (etoo), we lost our no.1 GK after 15mins, but we should have gone out all guns blazing. i mean its better to get our asses kicked 6-0 like arsenal and spurs than actually do the most sensible thing to do.

did these people actually see our bench last night? if we had played schurrle for rambo and oscar for mikel, our bench would have been ake, kalas, mvg, rambo, mikel, ba. a very apt bench to play away against the side that bloody well owned barcelona a couple of weeks ago.

i mean the height of idioticness from some of the posters is just.........................

I really don't think it's that much of a wrong fit, if at all. Our squad isn't brimming with world-class, technically gifted footballers being shackled by the manager. How many of our players would get into teams that play highly-skilful football? Not many. Hazard and one or two others at most.

The club really only care about being competitive. Our business model demands a team that challenges for the league and in Europe. Good football is just a bonus at this stage.

I actually agree with this to an extent as most of our technically gifted players are either our on loan or in the academy and reserves.

However I do believe that the club did genuinely try to move away from our physical and counter attacking identity over the years without much success. We have brought in some managers like Scolari, AVB and Ancelotti and players like mata,Hazard,Luiz,Salah and host of attacking minded players either out on loan or in the first team. The underlying problem however is that Roman is conflicted and doesn't really know what he wants. he's torn between attacking football and success. managers who have tried to change our style haven't been given the opportunity to do so because they were unable to match performance with result.

Our commitment to shifting to a more dynamic style can also be seen by the reform of the academy where a certain style and philosophy is being implemented and passed down right from the U21's to the U9s.

At the end of the day, Roman desires attractive football but he also realises that it's difficult to strike that balance between expansive football and success and success is the driving force of revenue. if given a choice between a manager that can achieve said balance and a jose, I truly believe he will go for the former. just my opinion.

if we were leading 2-0 from last night, i would have disagreed. but right now CL has to be the priority.

i would have disagreed cos, more than the title (which is a very long shot now), we have to give thought on th 3rd spot. losing to pool would mean just 2 points off arsenal with 2 games to play. plus the league form we are in, puts us in a bit of a bother. but right now, we have to give all our thoughts to CL.

Nothing to worry about. Jose plays juniors against liverscums, wins in London vs Atletico, then the last two games & everything is peachy.

have to agree that people here have a point.

i mean we were simply without our best DM(matic), our best Am(hazard), our best striker (etoo), we lost our no.1 GK after 15mins, but we should have gone out all guns blazing. i mean its better to get our asses kicked 6-0 like arsenal and spurs than actually do the most sensible thing to do.

did these people actually see our bench last night? if we had played schurrle for rambo and oscar for mikel, our bench would have been ake, kalas, mvg, rambo, mikel, ba. a very apt bench to play away against the side that bloody well owned barcelona a couple of weeks ago.

i mean the height of idioticness from some of the posters is just.........................

We have played like crap all season. The reaction isn't borne out of last nights performance alone and let's not pretend Jose is some manager that plays and place value in attractive style of football.

People change over the years.

Roman and Jose quite clearly had a relationship breakdown which led to the latter leaving, but in the years gone by people's perspective changes, and obviously there's has to the point they feel tthey can work together again.
I bet the ill fated full time spell off Robbie was a bit off an eye opener, he played good football (well what the perception off good football is atleast) which culminated in 2 wins out off 9 and one off them was via extra time.
Maybe he use to be obsessed with sexy attacking football back in 2007, people change over time, i didn't mind the tika taka style in 2009, now i can't stand the sight off it.

We have played like crap all season. The reaction isn't borne out of last nights performance alone and let's not pretend Jose is some manager that plays and place value in attractive style of football.

If Chelsea played like crap as you put it so eloquently, then how come the team is hovering around the top of the PL all season?

Take your time, to explain.

He tried to find that manager for years and failed repeatedly. In the last 2-3 years we became so uncompetitive and a joke in the league, especially considering our budget. We were essentially a glorified cup team.

I truly believe that the type of football we're talking about will never happen at Chelsea. The best we can hope for is what Dortmund was last year and Atletico are this year: a highly athletic, hard-working, counter-attacking team with a quality striker leading the line. That should be relatively easier to achieve than trying to copy these philosophy teams/coaches and failing.

Why do you think so

Sure dude. Whatever u say. I mean 6-0 arsenal, 4-0 spurs, 3-1 united, 2-1 and 1-0 city, 2-1 pool. All of this was cos we played crap. I mean jose's sole responsibility should have been to play attracyive football, who cares about a long term system, balance, work ethic.

You know there is a team in PL, which does all u want - ARSENAL. How is that working out for them.