The Mourinho Thread

If Cech was ill then I take back my comments on that, but what about Cole? Was he injured or ill too? We've only gotten worse in terms of style of play and it's ironic if you consider we currently have more flair players than we've ever had. It's like buying a Ferrari and driving it like a Fiat.

If we at least managed to put two passes together in the final third, then maybe we wouldn't have been in the situation we are in today. The way a team play is largely dictated by the manager and when you have a team of Eto'o, Salah, Willian, Oscar, Schurrle and you still struggle to play well against an awful Sunderland team, then that's a failure on the manager's part.

The point is the team hasn't bee maximized to its full potential this season. We are still a team that relies solely on counter-attacking football against teams of similar quality to us and a team that looks hopeless in possession against teams that are inferior to us.

This is not proactive football but reactive football. I LOVE Jose Mourinho. More than most Chelsea fans I'm sure. I even followed the man's career when he was in charge of other teams. But I'm also a good listener and I've listened to his press conferences this season. He has spoken a lot about the "evolution of the team". The evolution of our playing style. "Being proactive not reactive." He's so far failed in this regard, I'm sorry.

He's brought results. That's the stereotype about Jose isn't it? A winner, but his teams play dire football? Ok, let's see what the results are by the end of the season. I know this is a transitional season, but I swear to god, if we could at least play some decent footie and show this evolution, then it will be so much easier to take. Football is not just about winning trophies. Long time CFC supporters know that.

If you think this is not a fair criticism then I don't know guys. I'm very angry as I'm typing this now and I'm typing from the heart and just saying how I feel. I'm not going to berate our club on general football forums like some other fans do. I keep it indoors amongst us. If I can't be honest on this board, then I can't be anywhere else.

Honestly I'll take a 3rd place finish and elimination in the CL quarter final whilst playing good football than 2nd place and elimination in the CL semi final while playing the turgid crap we've endured all season. Of course, we are not yet eliminated from the CL, so let's see what happens. And the players also deserve criticism for a spineless, gutless performance. I hope they show some balls on Tuesday.

He has ruined our attacking play to be honest, last season we scored 115 goals this season we are no even close to a 100

We played more matches last season than we can possibly do this season and this season is not yet over as well.

People keep saying we have no striker, blah blah blah. Whose fault is it that Lukaku is at Everton? Who sold Sturridge to Liverpool? Who panic buyed and bought Ba? Ironically we started last season with only ONE recognized striker! Who bought Torres for an insane amount of money even though it was clear he wasn't the same player?

We've basically given Liverpool their two best players. They bought Sturridge from us ( I always had a bad feeling about that after what he did at Bolton) and used the Torres money to bring in Suarez. We "gave" them their strikforce and brought in the pile of shite called Torres. So stop with this NO STRIKER bull, because we brought it upon ourselves by being noobs. Those bastards at Liverpool must be laughing their asses off at our utter stupidity.

If Cech was ill then I take back my comments on that, but what about Cole? Was he injured or ill too? We've only gotten worse in terms of style of play and it's ironic if you consider we currently have more flair players than we've ever had. It's like buying a Ferrari and driving it like a Fiat.

If we at least managed to put two passes together in the final third, then maybe we wouldn't have been in the situation we are in today. The way a team play is largely dictated by the manager and when you have a team of Eto'o, Salah, Willian, Oscar, Schurrle and you still struggle to play well against an awful Sunderland team, then that's a failure on the manager's part.

The point is the team hasn't bee maximized to its full potential this season. We are still a team that relies solely on counter-attacking football against teams of similar quality to us and a team that looks hopeless in possession against teams that are inferior to us.

This is not proactive football but reactive football. I LOVE Jose Mourinho. More than most Chelsea fans I'm sure. I even followed the man's career when he was in charge of other teams. But I'm also a good listener and I've listened to his press conferences this season. He has spoken a lot about the "evolution of the team". The evolution of our playing style. "Being proactive not reactive." He's so far failed in this regard, I'm sorry.

He's brought results. That's the stereotype about Jose isn't it? A winner, but his teams play dire football? Ok, let's see what the results are by the end of the season. I know this is a transitional season, but I swear to god, if we could at least play some decent footie and show this evolution, then it will be so much easier to take. Football is not just about winning trophies. Long time CFC supporters know that.

If you think this is not a fair criticism then I don't know guys. I'm very angry as I'm typing this now and I'm typing from the heart and just saying how I feel. I'm not going to berate our club on general football forums like some other fans do. I keep it indoors amongst us. If I can't be honest on this board, then I can't be anywhere else.

Honestly I'll take a 3rd place finish and elimination in the CL quarter final whilst playing good football than 2nd place and elimination in the CL semi final while playing the turgid crap we've endured all season. Of course, we are not yet eliminated from the CL, so let's see what happens. And the players also deserve criticism for a spineless, gutless performance. I hope they show some balls on Tuesday.

I just wonder how long you have been a fan ,, we are in non search mode ,, so I cant check ... EVERY DEFEAT hurts .. you arent the only one who would feel pain today .

LIFE is ups and downs ,,, With Chelea it used to be ONE up and Six downs .

FFS at the starts of the season we would have happily taken our present position ,, BUT NO ONE would have predicted the SCUM being where they are .

BTW I 'm quite happy I had £100 on the Black Cats to win tonight ...

People keep saying we have no striker, blah blah blah. Whose fault is it that Lukaku is at Everton? Who sold Sturridge to Liverpool? Who panic buyed and bought Ba? Ironically we started last season with only ONE recognized striker! Who bought Torres for an insane amount of money even though it was clear he wasn't the same player?

We've basically given Liverpool their two best players. They bought Sturridge from us ( I always had a bad feeling about that after what he did at Bolton) and used the Torres money to bring in Suarez. We "gave" them their strikforce and brought in the pile of shite called Torres. So stop with this NO STRIKER bull, because we brought it upon ourselves by being noobs. Those bastards at Liverpool must be laughing their asses off at our utter stupidity.

Only decision Mourinho made was Lukaku to Everton. So......

No they didn't.. They bought Suarez before Torres was sold. They bought Andy Carroll with Torres money..

I literally can't wait us to get Diego Costa or whoever striker.

Two reasons:

1. more goals - that is always nice

2. this myth 'everything about this team ( build up, system, midfielders, defense) is great and all we lack is a striker' will finally stop.

It still remains to be seen if our playing style will improve when (if) we bring in Diego Costa. I doubt it, because it's a fundamental issue that goes beyond the striker. The way Jose sets up his team is fundamentally flawed and that fundamental flaw is exposed time and time again against teams that are happy to give us the ball.

You can't play Azpiliecueta at LB week in week out because it's not fair on the player. Ashley has had his "punishment" so it's time for him to come back. That slip and fall Azpi had is NOT happening if he's playing his natural position. Anyone who has ever played before can tell you it's harder to check back from your weaker foot to your higher foot. Something similar also happened in the PSG away league for that 3rd goal. Azpiliecueta has been getting caught out with a lot of high balls, but no one ever says anything. He has to return to his natural, most comfortable position.

Same with Ivanovic. He's a CB, not a RB. He is not very fast so he rarely gets in behind his full-back. He is not technically gifted so he looks clumsy in possession as most CB's are. Once he gets forward, he just lumps hopeless crosses into the box that create zero threat.

He and Azpilicueta are a waste of space offensively and also are starting to look not so solid anymore. Goals against Palace, PSG and today.

And Ramires, dear oh dear. He is not good enough to be a starter in a passing team. It's been said a zillion times. He should be a squad player like Mikel is nowadays

We need to be proactive in the transfer window. We must do everything possible to buy Costa, Kroos and Shaw. We can't afford fuck ups in the market any longer. Man United are going to spend a shit ton of money. City are going to improve and Liverpool are going to go to a different level now that they will have CL football and can attract better players.

Only decision Mourinho made was Lukaku to Everton. So......

And I'm not disagreeing with that. But this "no striker" business has become too comfortable an excuse. It's not as if other teams refused to sell us their strikers. We've brought it on ourselves.

No they didn't.. They bought Suarez before Torres was sold. They bought Andy Carroll with Torres money..

Technically that's true, but the deal was done within a day of each other, everyone knew it. The Torres deal was already "done" but not official. Liverpool didn't have 50 million to spend January 2011. We gave it to them. Now they indirectly have that formidable strike force from us. And we moan about not having strikers. It's ironic really.

I hope we see good football next season.

Have been saying this all along, but most fans only care about 3 points nowdays.

This will be the biggest test for Mourinho in the summer, and i fear if he buys costa, we arent changing our boring style much, just getting a guy who can finish and bag 3 points, without really playing entertaining football.

Please prove me wrong. Im really tired of this seasons boring performances, bar a few good games.

We hardly even counter attack anymore.

Hazard used to make the games interesting to watch because he is positive and takes on players.

The rest of them most of the time seem lost for ideas unless an opponent makes a mistake, or we have a great curler finish.

Last soooooo many games ive read the stats, all with 30 shots, 3 on target.

This is not a striker problem alone, it is bigger than that.

And this is not a transition season, it is just a season without a good striker.

We have transitioned, and last season was the culmination of that change with hazard oscar azpi settling in.

It would have been a tragedy for football if we won the PL this season playing the way we have, for the most part.

There would have been no pride in winning, no boasting. Liverpool and BR deserve it. dont know why people cant appreciate good football and give them the respect and admiration they have earnt.

Yes there will be a media wankfest when they win, so what, it will die down.

Request for next season : Jose, please take a leaf from BR's book and lets actually play good football. rather than this efficient, we got the result, thats all that matters mode of football. Not this style next season please. It is embarassing.

However, The CL is a different monster, and we have played tactically well and with more heart as the games are one offs.