The Mourinho Thread

Look on the bright side though, at least it was to Sunderland and not United, Liverpool, Arsenal or Spurs. Can't even begin to imagine what 'trash' will be spoken had they ended Mourinho's unbeaten home record instead.

And TBF though, we should have lost the record against West Brom in November anyway. What goes around comes around I guess...

Yeah, I guess you are right!

And we wont have the 'pressure' to keep the record next year...

Assuming he even does the presser.. I highly doubt it. But hey may because he'd be talking Europe & not EPL

He will have too, he'd be fined otherwise.

Spanish press will have a field day. They coudn't have wished for a better present than chance to question him after he probably lost the title.

Assuming he even does the presser.. I highly doubt it. But hey may because he'd be talking Europe & not EPL

I believe the UEFA rules state that managers have obligations to do their media duty - press conferences, interviews etc - though he may not say a lot especially when it's the media that he hates most in attendance on Monday..

Yeah, I guess you are right!

And we wont have the 'pressure' to keep the record next year...

I don't think the record puts pressure on us to begin with but at least it will stop people from posting about it. Have seen it getting mentioned non-stop every time before home games on Twitter, match previews etc. It was rather annoying.

You people think Mourinho plays Azpi only because he's better? Very few of you are footballers in my opinion and most of you that complain constantly about selection and tactics are probably the worst footballer out of all of us. Dave replaces Azpi 8/10 becayse of modern footballers and its love for inverted wingers. Azpi being right foot does well to stop the teams who are getting good at running players with inverted wingers. I'm pretty new to this forums shit for footballing. I thought it would be cool because I don't meet very many people who actually know much about football but clearly nothing changes here. If you're team is getting 15 or more shots every single game and not getting goal, it is a striker problem. To say anything else mean you actually think we should keep the same strikers, and for anyone to say that's a good idea you''re stupider than I thought. Unless you can say "I want to keep Torres, Eto'o and Ba next season and not change striker" don't bring me this bullshit about our problem not being the strikers, because you're all in the Deigo Costa and transfer threads scheming up replacements.

lost about the Dave replaces Azpi quote ... but with regard to shots ,, almost 50% were Hail Mary QB attempts. We do play a lot of "walk it in the net " and then

desperation sets in. I actually have met a lot and played with a lot of professional footballers . You have probably not heard of Furphy of Birkenshaw ,, but you may have

heard of Shankly , He called me a waster as well.

Calm down and stop cursing at people. I know everyone is upset, but this is unacceptable. If you're too angry to post respectfully now, log off and come back tomorrow when you've had time to calm down.

My bad. People are overrracting and criticizing for no reason. We lodt but we can still win the double.

lost about the Dave replaces Azpi quote ... but with regard to shots ,, almost 50% were Hail Mary QB attempts. We do play a lot of "walk it in the net " and then

desperation sets in. I actually have met a lot and played with a lot of professional footballers . You have probably not heard of Furphy of Birkenshaw ,, but you may have

heard of Shankly , He called me a waster as well.

Mean't to say Dave replaces Ash! So you must know the decision that are made are generally more complicated that we can see from where stand, you never know what logic is running through a manager's mind. You have to accept he's better at this than I am.

And if we don't he'll be a has been who doesn't know how to play football and isn't good enough for Chelsea.

With so many people changing their opinions after every game Im not surprised to read anything.

Though even if Mourinho is fired after failing to win a trophy this season I won't be surprised.

Whatever.

On the other note, I wish Rui Faria held it together, that's a hell of a touchline ban coming. But I'm sort of glad he didn't.

At least someone in this team gave a f*ck about the result.

Look I knew coming into the season this is how it would be, an inconsistent team.

I expected to finish in the top 3 and get to quarter/semis of cl. Anything else was just a bonus.

I was expecting next season when things to pick up, never first season.

If you are going to point about Liverpool this season, well let me remind you where they finished last season?

So this season was always going to be like this and build for next season.

Now if next season we are still like this then we can start panicking. But until then we look forward to great improvement of the team next season.

For all his many strengths it doesn't seem like Mourinho appreciates the importance of having adept fullbacks bombing forwards to support the attack; sadly I don't think he accepts that his tactics of playing Ivanovic (whose offensive contribution is negligible) and Azpi (on his weaker side) as the fullbacks takes away so much from our attack. It's a shame because for as much as Mourinho's tactics against the bigger sides have propelled us into the title race, I feel his excessively cautious and unimaginative tactics against the smaller teams have probably cost us it too -- even with this current strikeforce.

For all his many strengths it doesn't seem like Mourinho appreciates the importance of having adept fullbacks bombing forwards to support the attack; sadly I don't think he accepts that his tactics of playing Ivanovic (whose offensive contribution is negligible) and Azpi (on his weaker side) as the fullbacks takes away so much from our attack. It's a shame because for as much as Mourinho's tactics against the bigger sides have propelled us into the title race, I feel his excessively cautious and unimaginative tactics against the smaller teams have probably cost us it too -- even with this current strikeforce.

He had Macon at Inter bombing forward and Marcelo at Real Madrid. Azpi and Ivanovic are not good enough going forward as simple as that.

He had Macon at Inter bombing forward and Marcelo at Real Madrid. Azpi and Ivanovic are not good enough going forward as simple as that.

It's not as though Jose is forced to play them two in those positions. How about Azpi at RB where he'd offer a greater attacking impetus and Ivanovic/Cole/Bertrand at LB? Mourinho's actually praised the two fullbacks for their consistency: their attacking displays are anything but so he clearly isn't dissatisfied by their lack of offensive contribution, whose absence is particularly evident against smaller teams; and it's not something he's sought to rectify and nor has he shown any signs of doing so in the future.

It's not as though Jose is forced to play them two in those positions. How about Azpi at RB where he'd offer a greater attacking impetus and Ivanovic/Cole/Bertrand at LB? Mourinho's actually praised the two fullbacks for their consistency: their attacking displays are anything but so he clearly isn't dissatisfied by their lack of offensive contribution, whose absence is particularly evident against smaller teams and it's not something Mourinho's sought to rectify and he's shown no signs of doing so in the future.

He is simply playing his two best fullbacks, playing Azpi on the left is simply the best choice for the team. You might have an argument if he continues with Ivanovic on the right and Azpi on the left next season. Simply modern football asks more from fullbacks in attacks, especially if Mou continues to play left footed attackers on the right(Willian and Salah) and right footed players on the left(Hazard).

He is simply playing his two best fullbacks, playing Azpi on the left is simply the best choice for the team. You might have an argument if he continues with Ivanovic on the right and Azpi on the left next season. Simply modern football asks more from fullbacks in attacks, especially if Mou continues to play left footed attackers on the right(Willian and Salah) and right footed players on the left(Hazard).

I'm almost certain that will be the case. There's been no indication whatsoever from Mourinho's part to suggest otherwise, unlike with the strikers.

Untouchable? Didn't he fail miserably at Real Madrid? This season hasn't been as great as you claim it is. A club that spends a huge amount of cash each summer is bound to have improvement eventually. Just like in 12/13 we did better than 11/12 in the league, this season we're doing better than 12/13 in the League. There's BOUND to be improvement. If you want to see real improvement look what Rodgers has done. This is a club that was 7th last year and has ended up top of the table. A team that hasn't seen Champions League football for ages. That's improvement! Moreover, he's done it by spending half the money Chelsea and City have this season in the transfer market. Not just has he improved the team but they are winning AND playing good football.

Then you might disagree with that by saying we have sold many players too but even after you deduct Transfer Revenues from players bought, they are still half of us and almost 4 times less than City. A striker will convert chances but there are so many games such as Swansea where against 10 MEN we struggled to create decent chances. A game where so many people here were so confidently saying we'd thrash Swansea.

Didn't u say at the beginning of the season with great confidence that Madrid would miserably fail and be MUCH worse than Mourinho last season? Ancelotti's already done a much better job. And he's encouraged youth players like Jese, Casemiro etc.

i read your points mate but to drunk to reply right now but will tommorow.