The Mourinho Thread

Annoyed Baker didn't get a chance tonight. For someone who claims he's here for the long term it was a shocking decision not to give him minutes tonight.

Must be frustrating for any young player hoping to make it at Chelsea. You simply don't get chances here, this bs loan system isn't fooling anyone.

Stockpiling youngsters and farming them out to obscure countries or the Lower leagues does fuck all for their development.

Why Baker ..there are others ahead of him ,, Ake is just one but did you want KdB left out or Van G or essien ,,,,

Annoyed Baker didn't get a chance tonight. For someone who claims he's here for the long term it was a shocking decision not to give him minutes tonight.

Must be frustrating for any young player hoping to make it at Chelsea. You simply don't get chances here, this bs loan system isn't fooling anyone.

Stockpiling youngsters and farming them out to obscure countries or the Lower leagues does fuck all for their development.

Maybe we should use United's blueprint, the one where Paul Pogba, Federico Macheda and Ravel Morrision are regular's in their team.

Oh wait.

Why didn't Mourinho start the U14 team tonight? For somebody who says he's here long-term why is he continuing to play the senior team?

Why not just start playing the U14 team now and get them ready for the 2020 season?

Absolutely shocking decision by this fraud of a manager. He clearly doesn't know what he's doing. I played the U14 team in a Cup Game against a Championship team on FM, and OK we lost 21-0 but the experience was invaluable.

shocking if youd done it properly our U 14 would have won

I believe he was harsh on them after the Everton game and look how well that worked for the Basel game. He said he realized it after he tried to be harder on them, so I don't think he's making excuses - especially because we see him being VERY harsh on Luiz and Mata.

I'm not fool that believes 100% of what he says, but it's his nature to be a pusher, to demand improvement, to be harsh if he needs to. I've seen it so many times before, I have no doubt he would be pressuring them more if he felt like they wouldn't crumble. What's the point of pressure if instead of improving they get worse?

He's handling them differently I have no doubt. He used the media to work with two of them, he doesn't have complaints about Petr, Iva, Lamps, Terry and Ramires. I don't know about Cole, Cahill, Mikel... He said that Eto'o and Torres are working hard - and he knows a striker doesn't need pressure, but confidence to tug the ball in the net. I'm sure he's dealing with some of them in a more harsher way than the rest, but he won't collectively put pressure on them...

I don't know why people now question every frigging little thing Mourinho does. As a Madridista I'll tell you what, I'm ashamed of Chelsea fans. This lot is turning out to be worse than the lot in Madrid and it took them more than 2 seasons to start being some SOB's about Mou. But the 'all-supportive' 'we-want-Mourinho-more-than-anything' Chelsea fans are showing their true colors with two months. I'm not necessarily talking about you Jay, but since the Mata gate what you read more in this forum is how people don't trust what Mourinho is doing about everything. Ones complain about Mata, others about how he deals with the press, others about the youngsters, others about the veterans, others about the formation, others say he's sentimentalist, others say he isn't the kind of manager to work this profile, others admit they thought Mourinho was done and then with a small change in the behavior during half time against Fulham they say they're back in the ship, others this, others that. It's one thing do disagree about certain practical actions, but people here are showing clearly they simply don't trust Mourinho at all. Some are very outspoken about it, very open, others are more subtle, but I'm really disappointed and I hope the fans that actually go to the Bridge, the ones that Mourinho has a closer perception aren't such [insert words that are better left unsaid], unfair and impatient. I'll take a break from this thread because it's too much shit in one place.

Welcome to the modern era of supporting Chelsea Barbara, top post by the way. Unfortunately there are too many fans nowadays that simply do not see the bigger picture, they have been largely spoilt in the Roman era & one knock back they are out sharpening their knives! Jose didn't have to explain himself to anyone but has come out with an intellectual insight into where we are heading & in there he is also protecting his players which should be enough for the detractors...........

The fact is he wants the flair players to work harder 'off the ball' not just Mata, he is slowly introducing a different style which I already said will take time, there will be some 'blips' along the way & fans will have to get used too & deal with it but once everybody has bought into Jose's philosophy then I'm 100% convinced that we will see the fruits to his labour in about a year/18 months time. Fans doubting should just look at our bench now as an example as opposed to the previous 3/4 seasons and actually beyond that - its a pleasure to look at it now with mixture of experience & youth full of talent.

I wouldn't get too down about some of the comments you will get used to it after a while & learn to ignore the majority of it, keep smiling! :-)

Believe it or not you don't have to blindly agree with every decision the club/manager makes. It's the f**king Carling Cup against a pub team not the CL final.

I don't see why 1/2 youngsters couldn't have been given a chance tonight.

A pub team? they are a team of full time professional's in the 3rd tier of English football (the same division Oxlade Chamberlain was plying his trade not long ago), going to those places aren't easy, do i need to remind you about Brentford last season? or what happened to Arsenal when they played Bradford.

Believe it or not you don't have to blindly agree with every decision the club/manager makes. It's the f**king Carling Cup against a pub team not the CL final.

I don't see why 1/2 youngsters couldn't have been given a chance tonight.

Azpilicueta, Bertrand, De Bruyne, and Van Ginkel are all young players who haven't played much. Chelsea have a big squad and have to work everyone in. We don't really need to get players like Baker who are years away from Chelsea, playing time.

Mourinho needs to urgently adjust 3 things (although I am still patient with him):

1) Our strikers must start scoring, when can hope to win the league and go far into the cups if Oscar is going to be our top goalscorer.

2) Make the wingers actually play some football. Right now, our four players on the flanks (Hazard, Willian, Schurrle and KDB) have been nothing short of ridiculous.

3) Either find a good duo for the pivot or buy a CM/DM in January.

If he does that, we will be the best team in England, IMO.

Honesty it's so simple, but why mourinho choosing a harder way to make this team stronger than last season....

Honesty it's so simple, but why mourinho choosing a harder way to make this team stronger than last season....

Simple? Simple?! Answer me this, then, if it were so simple, then why do teams pay millions for manager and not just get some guy off the street to do it for minimum wage?

Simple? Simple?! Answer me this, then, if it were so simple, then why do teams pay millions for manager and not just get some guy off the street to do it for minimum wage?

lol easy dudeeeee. dont get me wrong on this, i know mourinho know best for this team. Obviously he's the one who trains the team and im sure he's already tryin much thing. :D

its just, i still dont get some of this idea, like mata being benched. If he wants a winger with good tracking back skill, just put oscar there. i find it so ironic, we had so many young talent with this much amount of creativity but until now we played so slowly. And we need mata.

I hope someday jose gonna try to move oscar to that pivot position, im so sure he's gonna be so good there.

lol easy dudeeeee. dont get me wrong on this, i know mourinho know best for this team. Obviously he's the one who trains the team and im sure he's already tryin much thing. :D

its just, i still dont get some of this idea, like mata being benched. If he wants a winger with good tracking back skill, just put oscar there. i find it so ironic, we had so many young talent with this much amount of creativity but until now we played so slowly. And we need mata.

I hope someday jose gonna try to move oscar to that pivot position, im so sure he's gonna be so good there.

There many points to why Juan's benched..

1. Is obviously fitness.

2, He want's the team to be able to play without Mata. Jose doesn't want a focal point in all our games. He wants team work and the team to be able to get along in crucial games without a win. In a long term plan, thats needed.

3. It's not just tracking back. You need to have intelligence in playing on the wings, that's completely different from the intelligence you require to play in the #10 area. Oscar would never play to his potential on the wings. Oscar is a pure #10 who in future can be one of the best in that position. Why would you mess that potential up by playing him on the wings? Mata is a terrific player, arguably the best in the squad but he has lots of players to fight with to get two or maximum three spots in the starting 11. Me and you have no idea how the training sessions are. Mata might not be performing as well as we think.

I have also told couple of times before how Mourinho treated Joey the same way and he turned out brilliant for us. HE adapted and I expect Mata to do the same.

The last part's debatable. Being a pivot player is a whole new ball game, and even though I want him to be there, we can't be sure whether Jose will try him out.

There many points to why Juan's benched..

1. Is obviously fitness.

2, He want's the team to be able to play without Mata. Jose doesn't want a focal point in all our games. He wants team work and the team to be able to get along in crucial games without a win. In a long term plan, thats needed.

3. It's not just tracking back. You need to have intelligence in playing on the wings, that's completely different from the intelligence you require to play in the #10 area. Oscar would never play to his potential on the wings. Oscar is a pure #10 who in future can be one of the best in that position. Why would you mess that potential up by playing him on the wings? Mata is a terrific player, arguably the best in the squad but he has lots of players to fight with to get two or maximum three spots in the starting 11. Me and you have no idea how the training sessions are. Mata might not be performing as well as we think.

I have also told couple of times before how Mourinho treated Joey the same way and he turned out brilliant for us. HE adapted and I expect Mata to do the same.

The last part's debatable. Being a pivot player is a whole new ball game, and even though I want him to be there, we can't be sure whether Jose will try him out.

Niceee, if only we have a decent striker :(