The Mourinho Thread

but where resides most of our problems? Where do we complain more often? At least my most frequent complaints lies in the AM... where we are 100% U23. Eto'o and Torres can only be blamed so much if there aren't exactly too many chances created for them. And even if he decides to complain with them. It's clearly a physical problem for one and a technical problem for the other. Mourinho can try to peel them alive, it won't change because it isn't an attitude problem whereas with our AM it could be.

Also the more he speaks, the more I'm convinced that's the biggest problem he actually has with Hazard.

Not talking specifically about the AMs there, just so happens all our young players in the first team are playing in the AM positions and hence why I cited them. :lol:

It's just that when things seem to go wrong lately, Mourinho will say he's managing a different profile of players now, he has a set of young players in the team and has to do things a tad more subtle and all that. He just seem to be using that as an excuse be it for his own mistakes or others. Just take his post-match comments after we lost to Basel. He said this squad doesn't have the maturity and doesn't seem to know how to react to pressure. The only actual young players in the starting XI were Van Ginkel, Oscar and Hazard and the rest were all senior and experienced campaigners. How can they, collectively suddenly just lack maturity and lack of the know-how to react to pressure when there were 8 senior players? If the whole squad was filled with like U23 or even U25 players, then I can understand that but at the moment, he has only like 4-5 young players in the team and he's suddenly using the weaknesses, if you can call it that, of those young players to generalize the whole issue with the team right now.

I am not saying sack Mourinho now. I am saying if Mata say he wants to leave, then give Mourinho the choice. Play Mata or leave. If he still does not want to use one of the best players in Premier League, then he can go.

Great idea. So if Mourinho decided to do that then what authority would he have over the team? And if he doesn't then you'd have the problem of hiring yet another manager. Mourinho's a proven winner and some people on here should have more faith.

Mourinho is a very smart guy. After a match he use many word to describe his plans, so after a poor game like the one against Fulham you end up thinking the dreadful performance was indeed the result of a awesome tactical plan.

Not talking specifically about the AMs there, just so happens all our young players in the first team are playing in the AM positions and hence why I cited them. :lol:

It's just that when things seem to go wrong lately, Mourinho will say he's managing a different profile of players now, he has a set of young players in the team and has to do things a tad more subtle and all that. He just seem to be using that as an excuse be it for his own mistakes or others. Just take his post-match comments after we lost to Basel. He said this squad doesn't have the maturity and doesn't seem to know how to react to pressure. The only actual young players in the starting XI were Van Ginkel, Oscar and Hazard and the rest were all senior and experienced campaigners. How can they, collectively suddenly just lack maturity and lack of the know-how to react to pressure when there were 8 senior players? If the whole squad was filled with like U23 or even U25 players, then I can understand that but at the moment, he has only like 4-5 young players in the team and he's suddenly using the weaknesses, if you can call it that, of those young players to generalize the whole issue with the team right now.

I believe he was harsh on them after the Everton game and look how well that worked for the Basel game. He said he realized it after he tried to be harder on them, so I don't think he's making excuses - especially because we see him being VERY harsh on Luiz and Mata.

I'm not fool that believes 100% of what he says, but it's his nature to be a pusher, to demand improvement, to be harsh if he needs to. I've seen it so many times before, I have no doubt he would be pressuring them more if he felt like they wouldn't crumble. What's the point of pressure if instead of improving they get worse?

He's handling them differently I have no doubt. He used the media to work with two of them, he doesn't have complaints about Petr, Iva, Lamps, Terry and Ramires. I don't know about Cole, Cahill, Mikel... He said that Eto'o and Torres are working hard - and he knows a striker doesn't need pressure, but confidence to tug the ball in the net. I'm sure he's dealing with some of them in a more harsher way than the rest, but he won't collectively put pressure on them...

I don't know why people now question every frigging little thing Mourinho does. As a Madridista I'll tell you what, I'm ashamed of Chelsea fans. This lot is turning out to be worse than the lot in Madrid and it took them more than 2 seasons to start being some SOB's about Mou. But the 'all-supportive' 'we-want-Mourinho-more-than-anything' Chelsea fans are showing their true colors with two months. I'm not necessarily talking about you Jay, but since the Mata gate what you read more in this forum is how people don't trust what Mourinho is doing about everything. Ones complain about Mata, others about how he deals with the press, others about the youngsters, others about the veterans, others about the formation, others say he's sentimentalist, others say he isn't the kind of manager to work this profile, others admit they thought Mourinho was done and then with a small change in the behavior during half time against Fulham they say they're back in the ship, others this, others that. It's one thing do disagree about certain practical actions, but people here are showing clearly they simply don't trust Mourinho at all. Some are very outspoken about it, very open, others are more subtle, but I'm really disappointed and I hope the fans that actually go to the Bridge, the ones that Mourinho has a closer perception aren't such [insert words that are better left unsaid], unfair and impatient. I'll take a break from this thread because it's too much shit in one place.

I believe he was harsh on them after the Everton game and look how well that worked for the Basel game. He said he realized it after he tried to be harder on them, so I don't think he's making excuses - especially because we see him being VERY harsh on Luiz and Mata.

I'm not fool that believes 100% of what he says, but it's his nature to be a pusher, to demand improvement, to be harsh if he needs to. I've seen it so many times before, I have no doubt he would be pressuring them more if he felt like they wouldn't crumble. What's the point of pressure if instead of improving they get worse?

He's handling them differently I have no doubt. He used the media to work with two of them, he doesn't have complaints about Petr, Iva, Lamps, Terry and Ramires. I don't know about Cole, Cahill, Mikel... He said that Eto'o and Torres are working hard - and he knows a striker doesn't need pressure, but confidence to tug the ball in the net. I'm sure he's dealing with some of them in a more harsher way than the rest, but he won't collectively put pressure on them...

I don't know why people now question every frigging little thing Mourinho does. As a Madridista I'll tell you what, I'm ashamed of Chelsea fans. This lot is turning out to be worse than the lot in Madrid and it took them more than 2 seasons to start being some SOB's about Mou. But the 'all-supportive' 'we-want-Mourinho-more-than-anything' Chelsea fans are showing their true colors with two months. I'm not necessarily talking about you Jay, but since the Mata gate what you read more in this forum is how people don't trust what Mourinho is doing about everything. Ones complain about Mata, others about how he deals with the press, others about the youngsters, others about the veterans, others about the formation, others say he's sentimentalist, others say he isn't the kind of manager to work this profile, others admit they thought Mourinho was done and then with a small change in the behavior during half time against Fulham they say they're back in the ship, others this, others that. It's one thing do disagree about certain practical actions, but people here are showing clearly they simply don't trust Mourinho at all. Some are very outspoken about it, very open, others are more subtle, but I'm really disappointed and I hope the fans that actually go to the Bridge, the ones that Mourinho has a closer perception aren't such [insert words that are better left unsaid], unfair and impatient. I'll take a break from this thread because it's too much shit in one place.

Well said. Luckily the people who sit around me and that I meet before the game are all behind Jose. It's very important to get behind the team as last season the atmosphere was very toxic with Benitez in charge. I was very anti Benitez myself but never during the game where you have to get behind the team.

Have you seen Moyes's team selections this season? He is ignoring players like Kagawa, Nani and Zaha for on off form Valencia, a 40 year old Giggs, a below average Welbeck and dreadful Young.

Atleast we are playing a top player while Mata is not playing, what Moyes is doing with those for-mentioned players is borderline criminal.

Agree in Moyes we Trust keep it going Ginger

So whats this new philosophy Jose's trying to implement? are we going to try and play possession football, counter attacking, etc?

Jose style is mostly known for counter attacking.

Anything else is virgin territory for him.

So will be interesting to see how we are playing come New Year.

But me thinks if Mourinho truly is the one of the best managers ever he should not have problem acquiring a new identity. The counter attacking team has been his philosophy because those are the teams profile he has to work with.

Here at Chelsea and in the younger academic structure the profile of the player is that of possession attacking futbol.

Won't make sense for Mourinho to go to counter attacking team when his players can do better then that.

If anything I think Mourinho would like to mirror SAF way of style playing. Mourinho adored SAF, and his style of attacking futbol was something that looked good and practical. Won many trophies for United, hence I will be incline to say that Mourinho will pursue this style.

Jose style is mostly known for counter attacking.

Anything else is virgin territory for him.

So will be interesting to see how we are playing come New Year.

But me thinks if Mourinho truly is the one of the best managers ever he should not have problem acquiring a new identity. The counter attacking team has been his philosophy because those are the teams profile he has to work with.

Here at Chelsea and in the younger academic structure the profile of the player is that of possession attacking futbol.

Won't make sense for Mourinho to go to counter attacking team when his players can do better then that.

If anything I think Mourinho would like to mirror SAF way of style playing. Mourinho adored SAF, and his style of attacking futbol was something that looked good and practical. Won many trophies for United, hence I will be incline to say that Mourinho will pursue this style.

Not too sure Real's team profile is to sit back and counter attack...

Not too sure Real's team profile is to sit back and counter attack...

Well I was reading an article that stated otherwise.

How his players complain cause he will put them to play as a small team.

Here:

The arguments usually centred on the players’ sense that their coach was demeaning them. At three levels. One, because too often against Barcelona he made them play like a little team does against a big team, seeking to stop the rival from playing and hoping to snatch a goal on the break. Two, because beyond counter-attack Mourinho’s Real had no settled system of play, meaning that even the weaker teams they played against figured that ceding possession of the ball to them was the best way to ensure they would not know how to attack. Three, because he seemed to follow a deviously crafted script, either blaming referees for defeats or stoutly defending his methods of play.

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/2/3fcb0618-15aa-11e3-950a-00144feabdc0.html#ixzz2eDYMeIvj

Dreadful performance? Hmm.

When a team like Fulham defends so deep and with all 11 players how are you supposed to look good exactly? Their sole tactic was to stop us from playing. Fulham and many other teams know we'd wipe the floor with them if they ever tried to play an open game against us. Everton - who have been the most dominant possession team in the league - conceded possession and played counter-attack against us at their own ground. They had been averaging more than 65% in their previous games but had just 43% against us.

We are going to play maybe 3 or 4 teams in the league all season that don't employ those tactics. Every other game will be against teams who defend deep and with 11 players. It's very difficult to break teams down and you rarely look good doing so.

Mourinho's interview was good because he explained his thought process, something which is rare from most managers. Nothing he said changed my view of the game because I'm not easily swayed.

Thats not the case. The press is no obssessed with other managers as they are with Mourinho, thats why even after a dreadful peformance the guys spend 10 or 15 minutes asking questions.

Annoyed Baker didn't get a chance tonight. For someone who claims he's here for the long term it was a shocking decision not to give him minutes tonight.

Must be frustrating for any young player hoping to make it at Chelsea. You simply don't get chances here, this bs loan system isn't fooling anyone.

Stockpiling youngsters and farming them out to obscure countries or the Lower leagues does fuck all for their development.