The Mourinho Thread

It's simple! Until mata works harder defensively and plays how Jose wants then Oscar will be first choice . It's up to mata to change the situation.

Mata is quality but he isn't doing enough for the team in Jose's eyes.

If he was sold and replaced with someone who fits the style and system better I would be cool with it, even though I am a big fan of his.

So expect to see mata chasing the ball down when we lose possession. If he adapts and works hard he will play more

It's simple! Until mata works harder defensively and plays how Jose wants then Oscar will be first choice . It's up to mata to change the situation.

Mata is quality but he isn't doing enough for the team in Jose's eyes.

If he was sold and replaced with someone who fits the style and system better I would be cool with it, even though I am a big fan of his.

So expect to see mata chasing the ball down when we lose possession. If he adapts and works hard he will play more

Jose did the same to Joe Cole and he adapted. I can see Mata having the mindset to adapt as well.

Mata is a special one... if he goes, who do we have? Oscar is not so good as Mata, Oscar cannot play 60 games. There are very few players like Mata.

Mourinho, he is not special. He is just the manager. There is only one special manager, and he is retired from Man United. Any body can put 11 names on paper, any body can talk in press conference. We win Champions League with Di Matteo. You do not need a great manager to have a good team. You need great players.

So who would you bring in to replace Jose?

Annoyed that no one asks him about the double pivot. Media arent that sophisticated for those questions i guess. And well the English media see Lampard there.. they wouldnt speek about him too badly right? not when he scores goals at least.

Im a hugh Mourinho fan, probably one his biggests, but i think him ignoring the double pivot issues over the summer is the biggest disappointment i had from a manager in a transfer window. I was sure and said to myself "Jose comes, he had freaking Alonso in Madrid, and then even got Modric for the same role, he cant leave us with those Lampard/Ramires/Mikel combo's...he'll get a DLP or at least someone like Witzel". And well, seeing Mikel-Rami starting the game today got me thinking again - is this what Jose wanted to see this all summer? thats the big plan? talking non-stop about change, "change style", "be proactive, no reactive", with this midfield Jose?

Im not even talking about Lampard, because i wasnt surprised that Jose will put him as the main man in midfield and completely ignoring his huge failures in that role. Jose and Lampard is a love story, he cant bench him that quickly, he will sometime, but for now Lamps will get his fair share of game time no matter what. Back to the subject, im talking about Jose agreeing to the option that he will start the Mikel-Ramires DP many times this season. That could make me furious in a few weeks if it goes on. Starting Mikel-Ramires is like Jose would start Essien-Khedira in his Madrid days. IT NEVER HAPPEND. Not in the league or CL at least. Our central midfield is ok with no creativity and players to give the key forword pass and in Real it cant happen? i dont get it. Bollocks.

If KDB isnt going to move deeper in a few weeks-month or two, its a hugh shocker from Jose, huge.

Yea I'm with you here. Except I don't think he's going to use Kevin dB in that position because there's no evidence to suggest it. I think he actually sees the Belgian as a wide player and it's not hard to understand why after seeing his performances there. I am, however, surprised that MvG hasn't seen much football because he did really well in pre-season and that's actually his natural position.

No wonder I hate people more and more everyday. After going through years of complete fartfest under the likes of Grant, Scolari, AVB and Benitez ffs (sry if I missed some, can't remember em all) some people are seriously calling for Mourinho's head. I can see a "Jose OUT" thread being unleashed after the next loss. And then they are the first ones to moan about Roman's rotating door policy. Seriously, fuck off.

And a big fuck you to the guy who said managers are easy to find and replace.

Well said mate. We'd be an even bigger laughing stock if we sacked Jose. Who top manager would seriously join us?

In Jose we trust. Get behind him!

No wonder I hate people more and more everyday. After going through years of complete fartfest under the likes of Grant, Scolari, AVB and Benitez ffs (sry if I missed some, can't remember em all) some people are seriously calling for Mourinho's head. I can see a "Jose OUT" thread being unleashed after the next loss. And then they are the first ones to moan about Roman's rotating door policy. Seriously, fuck off.

Exactly.Easy to find doesnt mean anything!Doesnt mean any good or they'll want the job.Fuck this one up and we're screwed really...its sodding 5 games or whatever he aint a miracle worker.Cant click fingers and everything gels and magic happens..takes time...Jose out really?!Only just got back in!!!

You got it wrong. Jose was very clear about Oscar as the No 10, and he said Mata and him could play together when Mata (not Oscar) will get used to his new role AKA the wing.

In the summer, when asked about if he'll get another CM to the squad, he said 'no, i have Mikel, Lamps, MVG, Ess, Rami and also KDB can play there'. Thats the only glimpse of hope.

That's not the feeling I got from that post match interview.

He said he is not ready to change Oscar position. Meaning it is the one we have been thinking where Oscar could play in the double pivot....in fact he mention how Oscar was doing with Mikel like Parker and Sidwell where doing in the double pivot role.

He sees that but that he is not ready to make this changes.

It is still clear that Mata will continue to be our number 10 for the future while Oscar will be that deep lying playmaker we thought he could be. He has all the attribute to play there.

For crying out loud Lampard has been playing it the last season, why Oscar can't?

Somebody feels my pain too. I couldnt have put it any better. :worship:

Eden would be a nailed-on starter for Spurs. His problem has been that teams have defended with a low block which reduces the space he has and sees him getting the ball with his back to goal - that is almost the complete opposite of how Spurs would be expected to set up against us, isn't it?

You'd expect them to leave gaps as they'd be looking to pressure us. So Jose picks Hazard and Cole for the first few games, rests them in midweek and chucks them back in against Spurs.

Taking a step back and looking at the season as a whole rather than simply looking at individual games, doesn't that make some sense or am I wrong?

Sorry, but who cares if teams have defended with a low block or not? We come up against it nearly 90% of the time, but that didn't stop him being effective last year did it?!

Low block, high block, Jenny from the block - it doesn't matter. Mourinho basically said he's basing his selections on form and Hazard's form is bad.

Even still, if Schurrle can show more penetration than Hazard against a low block, what can he do with even more space to run into?

I think if the Mata situation become very very bad- maybe Mata says he wants to leave, he put in the transfer request, then Mourinho must leave. Managers, they are easy to find, easy to replace. Mata, he is not. Mourinho is not Sir Ferguson, he is not the most important thing in the club. That is Mata.

GREAT LOGIC we get rid of jose and oscar ,,,,then Mata gets an injury or a serious (torres like ) loss of form ....what then Ein stein???

I am sure it's been discussed but I just loved Jose calling out Jamie Redknapp on the pish he was spouting before kick off. Jose's response live to him was brilliant, Jamie was mortified and it was Classic Jose.