The Mourinho Thread

Luiz doesn't need to be sold. But I do understand people thinking £35m would be a good offer for him.

For me if Jose brings back De Bruyne and Lukaku, we only realistically need a backup GK, centre back depending on Terry's future and fitness, centre midfielder and striker cum attacker. We don't need sweeping changes just a couple of important additions.

If we could get a combined £50 million for Luiz and Torres, I'd take it.

I wouldn't take it. Luiz is a unique player in so many ways, selling him would be the wrong decision by the club.

He brings passion, energy and excitement to our team...I just think letting go of Luiz would negatively impact our chances of signing Brazilian players in the future...

As for Torres, anything around £15 million...and we shouldn't have any hesitations.

It is wrong to sell a player, even when you think you are getting good value for him. We are not Porto or Atletico Madrid. We have had many transfer duds. When we finally get our hands on a great player, it's foolish to let him go. There is a good chance with out transfer history that we will use those 35m on another bad player.

So no. Sorry Barcelona. Take your 35m and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

It is also wrong to get too emotionally attached to a player. There's a good chance with our history that we are going to waste that 35M? Our history also tells us that we can get Luiz-calibre player for 22M. What you are suggesting is such an absurd logic because by the same logic you should be against most if not all big signings.