The Mourinho Thread

In Mourinho i trust. if he saw fit to play Essien then why not? i like him, on his day he is superb. he attacks and tracks back, hes versatile and he has experience. Having said that, i do only think he was playing so often in Madrid due to the amount of fall outs within the squad... Essien played RB towards the end of the season...

Still waiting for the confirmation, although everyone is 99.9% sure, im not resting till i see him in blue!

Well excited for the transfer window as well, keen to see who he brings in and lets go. with Paulo, Malouda and Yossi going, itll be interesting to see if he's going to buy some able players to add depth or if he will put faith in our youth and promote some of them. also very interested to see what happens to Lukaku and KDB.

Regardless of the validity of the article, I am of the opinion that ANYONE could go for the right price, and £35M for Luiz would be just that. If it did happen, I'd be sad to see him go, but £35M is a significant amount that screams overvaluation from the buyer.

This is the point & Mourinho will understand this concept more than anyone.. No player is bigger than the club and if the right offer was made, one which wouldn't happen otherwise, we'd bite their hands off. That's what top clubs do.

AC Milan; Kaka, Thiago Silva & Ibrahimovic

Man United; Ronaldo, Van Nistelrooy, Beckham

Real Madrid; Robben, Snejider & many, many more...

Well excited for the transfer window as well, keen to see who he brings in and lets go. with Paulo, Malouda and Yossi going, itll be interesting to see if he's going to buy some able players to add depth or if he will put faith in our youth and promote some of them. also very interested to see what happens to Lukaku and KDB.

I second that - however if the rumours are true that were going on another massive spending spree, then I'll be pissed off. Its about time we stopped being seen as 'buying the league' and actually lived within our means for once rather than borrowing 'daddys' American express.

Would trust Jose in every decision he makes but selling Luiz? All it takes is a conversation and different training to get what Jose wants him to do. Luiz is a great player and can completely boss the game on his day.

I think I asked this once before, but since this is looking very likely now, I'll ask it again: How much power would you give Jose in the team?

Personally, I have major reservations of getting him involved in player contracts. He completely screwed Inter over with the wages and length of contracts he offered for a group of players who were reaching the twilight of their careers.

I think I asked this once before, but since this is looking very likely now, I'll ask it again: How much power would you give Jose in the team?

He'd have a voice, but I like the system we have in place at this point in time. Jose has to fit into this club as it is in 2013.

Personally, I have major reservations of getting him involved in player contracts. He completely screwed Inter over with the wages and length of contracts he offered for a group of players who were reaching the twilight of their careers.

The thing is, everyone looks at how Wenger runs Arsenal and how Ferguson ran United etc, but they're only able to do this because when they first came in they were expected to control those aspects.

At present, no manager in the world has that level of control in their club. Moyes won't have power of contracts at United. He'll tell them the type of player he wants and they will go out and find it. He might approve the final decision once they bring him the player, but youth signings won't be made by him. The level of power Mourinho should have is 100% of his squad. No-one tells him who/who not to play (so players like Malouda shouldn't be unavailable if they're at the club). He should have a say on transfer targets, but not their contracts.

With renewals.. He should be allowed to say who should/shouldn't get a renewal, but he should also accept that the finances should be able to match up to those decisions. I believe this is where the biggest problem will be. This coming season, it will be the last year of Terry, Lampard & Cole's contracts & if Mourinho has a different approach to them than the board, we could have a problem.

I think he should have a big say in what players we get but the final decision should still be with the club.

Contract details should also be handled by the club.

He'd have a voice, but I like the system we have in place at this point in time. Jose has to fit into this club as it is in 2013.

Exactly, I like the current system too despite all that was made in the Cole and Lampard sagas this season, I was honestly not too bothered because I believe that this system is taking us in the right direction.

The thing is, everyone looks at how Wenger runs Arsenal and how Ferguson ran United etc, but they're only able to do this because when they first came in they were expected to control those aspects.

At present, no manager in the world has that level of control in their club. Moyes won't have power of contracts at United. He'll tell them the type of player he wants and they will go out and find it. He might approve the final decision once they bring him the player, but youth signings won't be made by him. The level of power Mourinho should have is 100% of his squad. No-one tells him who/who not to play (so players like Malouda shouldn't be unavailable if they're at the club). He should have a say on transfer targets, but not their contracts.

With renewals.. He should be allowed to say who should/shouldn't get a renewal, but he should also accept that the finances should be able to match up to those decisions. I believe this is where the biggest problem will be. This coming season, it will be the last year of Terry, Lampard & Cole's contracts & if Mourinho has a different approach to them than the board, we could have a problem.

I honestly don't think that the Wenger and Ferguson models cannot be imitated nowadays even if we do give him full control over everything. I can already foresee a problem between Jose and the board regarding the contracts next season.

I dont know whos the one behind this twitter account, but I read The Times article, and there is no mention about Luiz, in fact the article was wrote by Duncan Castles:

"Jose Mourinho has agreed a four-year contract to manage Chelsea for a second time. A winner of back-to-back Premier League titles in his first stint at the London club, Mourinho will become the best paid manager in the competition's history, earning an annual salary of over £8.5million after tax.

Mourinho's return to the place “where people love me to be” was sealed during discussions with Chelsea's billionaire owner last week. According to sources involved in the deal, while his new contract is still to be formally signed, the plan is to do so soon after the Portuguese's final match as Real Madrid manager on June 1.

He will have control over the restructuring of Chelsea’s squad, which was one of the factors in his departure from Stamford Bridge in September 2007. Though the aim is to recover a Premier League title won just once since that exit, Mourinho’s planned changes are less radical than expected.

He is working on dual recruitment strategies — one on a tighter budget with transfer fees for new signings to be funded primarily by sales and the second requiring an injection of new funds by Abramovich.

Mourinho believes that Chelsea need a first-choice central defender, a central midfielder and a centre-forward. He will also add a back-up to Petr Cech — who will remain first-choice goalkeeper with the Belgium international Thibaut Courtois allowed to continue his development on loan — and at least one younger midfielder. An approach has been made to Robert Lewandowski, who is entering the final year of his contract at Borussia Dortmund. While the Champions League finalists are prepared to sell their leading scorer to Chelsea, Manchester City, AC Milan or Madrid for €20m to keep Lewandowski out of the hands of Bayern Munich, the Polish striker has told his overseas suitors that he has already agreed to move to the new German league champions.

At centre-back, the powerful France Under-21 international Eliaquim Mangala is considered ideally suited to the demands of the English game, although FC Porto’s €35m asking price may force Chelsea to look elsewhere. Luka Modric could follow Mourinho out of the Santiago Bernabeu stadium if Madrid agree to sell the Croatian midfielder."

at first i thought they were talking shit but looks like they got their stuff right, got this from another website with the whole article -

Mourinho’s £50m Chelsea deal ...Sunday Times. Duncan Castles.

Jose Mourinho has secured his return to Chelsea and may oversee major personell changes while Rafa Benitez is set for Napoli.

JOSE MOURINHO has agreed a four-year contract to manage Chelsea for a second time. The Portuguese, who won back-to-back Premier League titles in his first stint at the club, will become the highest-paid manager in the competition’s history, pocketing more than £8.5m a year after tax from a £50m-plus deal.

Mourinho’s return to the place “where people love me to be” was sealed during discussions with Chelsea’s billionaire owner, Roman Abramovich, last week. While his new contract is still to be formally signed, the plan is to do so soon after his final match as Real Madrid manager on June 1.

He will have control over the restructuring of Chelsea’s squad, which was one of the factors in his departure from Stamford Bridge in September 2007. Though the aim is to recover a Premier League title won just once since that exit, Mourinho’s planned changes are less radical than expected.

He is working on dual recruitment strategies — one on a tighter budget with transfer fees for new signings to be funded primarily by sales and the second requiring an injection of new funds by Abramovich.

Mourinho believes that Chelsea need a first-choice central defender, a central midfielder and a centre-forward. He will also add a back-up to Petr Cech — who will remain first-choice goalkeeper with the Belgium international Thibaut Courtois allowed to continue his development on loan — and at least one younger midfielder. An approach has been made to Robert Lewandowski, who is entering the final year of his contract at Borussia Dortmund. While the Champions League finalists are prepared to sell their leading scorer to Chelsea, Manchester City, AC Milan or Madrid for £17.1m to keep Lewandowski out of the hands of Bayern Munich, the Polish striker has told his overseas suitors that he has already agreed to move to the new German league champions. At centre-back, the powerful France Under-21 international Eliaquim Mangala is considered ideally suited to the demands of the English game, although FC Porto’s £30m asking price may force Chelsea to look elsewhere. Luka Modric could follow Mourinho out of the Santiago Bernabeu stadium if Madrid agree to sell the Croatian midfielder.

To fund these moves, Mourinho is prepared to consider offers for David Luiz, who has long been admired by Barcelona and would be open to a move to the Camp Nou. The Brazilian is valued at about £35m.

Abramovich is understood to be ready to end Fernando Torres’ troubled tenure at Chelsea. After failing to score regularly in the Premier League under four successive coaches — Carlo Ancelotti, Andre Villas-Boas, Roberto Di Matteo and Rafael Benitez — the club’s record signing, who cost £50m in January 2011, will be allowed to leave if a reasonable bid is received. The hope is that his achievements in this season’s Europa League will attract one.

Michael Emenalo is to continue as technical director after Mourinho received good feedback on the work done by a new scouting network following Frank Arnesen’s forced exit from the club three year ago. Depending on his eventual transfer budget, Mourinho will promote Romelu Lukaku and Kevin de Bruyne to his senior squad.

Mourinho, who is considering adding his own appointment to Chelsea’s scouting staff, has had his team of Portuguese assistants offered four-year contracts to accompany him from Madrid. The former Portugal international Silvino Louro will work in tandem with Cech’s long-term goalkeeping coach Christophe Lollichon, while Jose Morais will be asked to continue as a tactical scout and auxiliary coach. Mourinho’s highly regarded first assistant, Rui Faria, is expected to pass up the chance to start his own managerial career at a major European club to return to Chelsea.

While Mourinho’s divorce from Madrid has been long in the offing — an initial decision to return to the Premier League was made as long ago as the winter before last — he avoided agreeing a deal with Chelsea until a meeting with Real president Florentino Perez after the Copa del Rey final on May 17. Before, Perez had wanted Mourinho to continue at the Bernabeu and was holding the coach to a £34.1m release clause in his contract. Mourinho’s response was to deliver a series of intentionally inflammatory press conferences highlighting serious structural problems within the club and challenging Perez to fix them. On Monday, Madrid’s president announced that Mourinho’s contract was to be terminated by mutual consent and without financial penalty.

At Chelsea, the relationship between Abramovich and Mourinho will be fundamental to the club’s ability to challenge for the title. The pair reconciled quickly after Mourinho’s 2007 dismissal and have remained in regular contact since.

Benitez, the latest “interim” Chelsea manager, is to return to Italian football after agreeing terms on a two-year contract at Napoli. The Spaniard’s previous Serie A appointment lasted less than seven months after Inter Milan rapidly concluded that it had been a major error to ask him to succeed Mourinho.

Monaco have targeted Victor Valdes and Nani as part of their multi-million euro attempt to win the French championship and become serious contenders for the Champions League. Though Monaco have only just gained promotion to Ligue 1, Dmitry Rybolovlev, their billionaire owner, is bankrolling a series of spectacular transfers.

On Friday, Monaco agreed terms with Porto for the £59.8m double transfer of Joao Moutinho and James Rodriguez. The Russian businessman has also agreed a deal to buy Radamel Falcao from Atletico Madrid for about £50m, subject to the centre-forward’s final acceptance of an £8.2m net contract.

Duncan is reliable, and he says

Jose Mourinho ready to sell David Luiz and Fernando Torres if money is right. #CFC #FCB #LFC #RMCF http://www.sulia.com/my_thoughts/ccec6b50-508d-4aab-b360-bbc9df54c171/?source=twitter&repost=480

not Luiz!!!!!111