The Mourinho Thread

Rafa's wife on Facebook :rant:

580988_344662648994753_271950894_n.jpg

Surely it's a fake?

Mourinho is at Wembley right now, preparing to watch the Championship play-off final between Watford and Crystal Palace.

Pardon, source?

It is a genuine proof the deal has been done if it is true.

Surely it's a fake?

Pardon, source?

It is a genuine proof the deal has been done if it is true.

BBC Sport @BBCSport

Jose Mourinho has taken his seat at Wembley for Palace v Watford. Stay across all action via #bbcfootball live text http://bit.ly/10XBqN7

And...

Mourinho spotted in London at favourite Chelsea Harbour haunt with Special One in town for Wembley jaunt

We don't need to replace Ramires. We need to buy more midfielders to increase our depth/strength in that area. Ramires is one of the last players I would sell simply because he gives so much to the team.We don't need to finance ourselves by selling a player. We've got enough money to bring quality in. That's how I look at it anyway.

Couldn't agree more, not just on this post but on all your recent ones regarding luiz. I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to sell luiz? It is each to their own but to win titles you have to have consistency which we have lacked in the past 3 seasons, luiz has had this in his game this season & how many others in the squad can we say performed with his level of performance & in 2 different positions?! The guy has Chelsea blood running through his veins, this alone should be a reason to keep him - he will give you that extra 10, 20% that is needed when the chips are down.

What we need to do is buy another quality CB & my choice would be Cheillini (sp?) A no nonsense defender who also possesses quality. I just dont see Jose dismantling a good squad that have been successful in recent seasons, they have grown together & built up a camaraderie amongst each other, he just has to add 3 quality players & improve things here & there to get that all important 'consistency' in our game to challenge for the titlea again.

I will be gobsmacked if luiz is sold!

Couldn't agree more, not just on this post but on all your recent ones regarding luiz. I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to sell luiz? It is each to their own but to win titles you have to have consistency which we have lacked in the past 3 seasons, luiz has had this in his game this season & how many others in the squad can we say performed with his level of performance & in 2 different positions?! The guy has Chelsea blood running through his veins, this alone should be a reason to keep him - he will give you that extra 10, 20% that is needed when the chips are down.

What we need to do is buy another quality CB & my choice would be Cheillini (sp?) A no nonsense defender who also possesses quality. I just dont see Jose dismantling a good squad that have been successful in recent seasons, they have grown together & built up a camaraderie amongst each other, he just has to add 3 quality players & improve things here & there to get that all important 'consistency' in our game to challenge for the titlea again.

I will be gobsmacked if luiz is sold!

I before E, except after C :D

Wasn't there talk of Luiz being seen as the next captain? Now all of a sudden Mourinho is okay with selling him. The press don't know shit about this one.

Selling Luiz, who is still young and approaching his peak, or anyone like Ramires is just plain silly. We already have concerns in the other areas of the team that needs to be fixed, and fixed first and foremost! Why then try to create even more problems by selling players, some of our better players perhaps, in positions that are of no concern right now?! We'll just be shooting ourselves in the foot if we do so because not many other top quality CBs, CMs or which ever player is exactly available for sale right now. And even if they are, their club will over-price them knowing that we will desperate to sign replacements. What we should really be doing is buying players to address the areas of concern first and then only look elsewhere, if really needed. Main priorities should come first!

Selling Luiz, who is still young and approaching his peak, or anyone like Ramires is just plain silly. We already have concerns in the other areas of the team that needs to be fixed, and fixed first and foremost! Why then try to create even more problems by selling players, some of our better players perhaps, in positions that are of no concern right now?! We'll just be shooting ourselves in the foot if we do so because not many other top quality CBs, CMs or which ever player is exactly available for sale right now. And even if they are, their club will over-price them knowing that we will desperate to sign replacements. What we should really be doing is buying players to address the areas of concern first and then only look elsewhere, if really needed. Main priorities should come first!

If an offer for £35 million came in for Luiz, it would have to be considered wouldn't it? That's the highest fee for a defender isn't it?

I love the guy, I love his character and I love his improvement but he's not a defensive rock at this exact point in time. He's not yet at the level of Terry in 2006 or Vidic in 2009 or even Kompany last year. He could get there, but £35 million is a lot to say no to for 'coulds', 'mights' and 'maybes'.

As for Rami....two decent midfielders in the pivot and he's a good utility player. Anything more than £20 million and it's got to be considered.