The Mourinho Thread

Hmm. Each one to their own then. I don't think it's stupid to keep a group of players who obviously have great team spirit together. I'd consider how it effects the group first before looking at the money.

Opposition fans have often called Ramires one of our best players. I really rate Ramires personally and I know the players at the club do too; I think he'd actually start for any club in the PL. It'd take more than £30m for me to sell him. Call me stupid but that's just me. Loyalty and team spirit is very important to me.

Yeah and I'd happily take 25mil for Ramires and replace him with a proper DM - de Rossi, Capoue, Gonalons or Matuidi

Yeah and I'd happily take 25mil for Ramires and replace him with a proper DM - de Rossi, Capoue, Gonalons or Matuidi

We don't need to replace Ramires. We need to buy more midfielders to increase our depth/strength in that area. Ramires is one of the last players I would sell simply because he gives so much to the team.

We don't need to finance ourselves by selling a player. We've got enough money to bring quality in. That's how I look at it anyway.

I have suffered all 7 years of Mikel's tenure.

You will clearly eat a box of Mourinho's turds as if they were hersheys chocolates, but not everyone is like you. I support the return of Mourinho. However, there is a limit to my tolerance. If you give him unlimited control he will leave us in the same misery as last time.

Win 3 FA Cups, a Premier League and a UCL with most of the players he either bought to the club or turned into the players they are today?? Hold on while i wipe away the tears..

The thing is no-one will offer £25 million for Rami. On his day he's phenomenal, but he has days when he goes missing and enters 'headless chicken mode'. He's another player who could go either way under Mourinho who might be able to coach a bit more composure and confidence into him or he might just let him go like he did with Tiago.

The simple fact is that we don't yet have a spine to our team like we did in 2006 (Cech, Terry, Makelele, Lampard, Drogba). At best we've got Cech and Mata and then a few players who play in wider positions (Hazard, Cole...maybe Azpi). In my view that's what we need to rebuild which is why we need that big striker we can rely on, a midfield presence (long-term I see that being Chalobah but maybe it's Romeu or more likely a purchase) and that defensive rock. To me, Luiz is the player next to the defensive rock, the one who can bring it out of defence because he knows that other guy and the defensive midfielder will cover him.

Not going to start a new thread about this in the transfer section because it's an odd one, but it looks like Rene Meulensteen could be on his way out of Old Trafford.

There's been a lot of speculation about who Jose could bring with him and we already have decent coaches here but this guy is very highly regarded and might be someone Jose is interested in working with. Interesting to see that United have lost Phelan, who will probably go into management, but also Eric Steele their goalkeeping coach. To me that last one is a weird one because goalkeeping coaches tend to build a strong rapport with the goalkeepers, in a way that's different from other coaches and players.

Not going to start a new thread about this in the transfer section because it's an odd one, but it looks like Rene Meulensteen could be on his way out of Old Trafford.

There's been a lot of speculation about who Jose could bring with him and we already have decent coaches here but this guy is very highly regarded and might be someone Jose is interested in working with. Interesting to see that United have lost Phelan, who will probably go into management, but also Eric Steele their goalkeeping coach. To me that last one is a weird one because goalkeeping coaches tend to build a strong rapport with the goalkeepers, in a way that's different from other coaches and players.

Is there a rumour about him and Jose?