The Mourinho Thread

I'm just going to say this guys..

Imagine Baba and Hazard on the same flank. You don't think we would've conceded? Most people were slating Baba saying he's bang average, he's as bad as Ivanovic etc. You then want Hazard, who lets be honest doesn't defend as well as Willian, on the same wing? Then we'd concede and we're back to Mourinho being clueless.

Or consider the alternative. Hazard plays, Baba doesn't and we don't concede. What's the complaint? "Jose should have played Baba" "He is ready". Foh.

Yeah, the comments weren't probably necessary. But it spurred him on after last season didn't it? @stroey is absolutely right. You guys asked for the 'untouchables' to be dropped and they did, you also asked for Baba to play and he did. Hell Baba played 90 minutes when he shouldn't have, if he was subbed off after 45 guaranteed you'd all say "that's bad for his confidence", "he should have let him improve". Smh.

As for Hazard leaving. What's the excuse for Chelsea not firing Mouriho, according to most of you? "He just signed a new contract", well so did Hazard so I'd really stop worrying about that

Nailed on the head.

Chelsea win overshadowed by Jose Mourinho's choice to drop Eden Hazard

Nail. On. Head.

This is a massive understatement but Mourinho really does baffle people with the things he say. We won yesterday - our first win in nearly a month IIRC - and he could have just let that be the headline. But no. He had to go and criticize Hazard for his lack of defensive work when asked why he was on the bench. Could have just said he was rested, he's been playing poorly (which is true) etc but instead, he had to cause some sort of controversy and give the media ammunition to write negative stories about the club.

Some might argue that he's challenging Hazard to improve himself but he really could have just done that by talking him to privately. There's no need to say those things in the public! I'm not optimistic that Hazard will stay with us for a long time but if we lose him because he cannot stand Mourinho's constant criticism about his defending - which is mostly unfair when you see the likes of Ivanovic, Fabregas etc have gotten away with it - then Mourinho seriously has plenty to answer. We have a player with the potential to be the best in the world but he's being criticized and held back from becoming better because of defensive work. :doh:

Now while I think Mourinho has gone a bit too far in this instance, I don't understand why its scoffed at when people ask about how good wingers are defensively.

Look at Azpilcueta, he's as solid as you can get as a defender but isn't even considered when talking about the best fullbacks in the world because he isn't the best going forward.

It's one rule for defenders and another for attackers.

Imagine Baba and Hazard on the same flank. You don't think we would've conceded? Most people were slating Baba saying he's bang average, he's as bad as Ivanovic etc. You then want Hazard, who lets be honest doesn't defend as well as Willian, on the same wing? Then we'd concede and we're back to Mourinho being clueless.

Or consider the alternative. Hazard plays, Baba doesn't and we don't concede. What's the complaint? "Jose should have played Baba" "He is ready". Foh.

Yeah, the comments weren't probably necessary. But it spurred him on after last season didn't it? @stroey is absolutely right. You guys asked for the 'untouchables' to be dropped and they did, you also asked for Baba to play and he did. Hell Baba played 90 minutes when he shouldn't have, if he was subbed off after 45 guaranteed you'd all say "that's bad for his confidence", "he should have let him improve". Smh.

As for Hazard leaving. What's the excuse for Chelsea not firing Mouriho, according to most of you? "He just signed a new contract", well so did Hazard so I'd really stop worrying about that

Exactly. With Baba only starting his first PL game, Hazard in bad form, and team morale in tatters starting both on the same flank would have been suicide. Only other option would have been Zouma on the right and Cesar on the left, which he might have still done if Cahill was fit.

Exactly. With Baba only starting his first PL game, Hazard in bad form, and team morale in tatters starting both on the same flank would have been suicide. Only other option would have been Zouma on the right and Cesar on the left, which he might have still done if Cahill was fit.

No, no didn't you get the memo? The 'untouchables' must be dropped.............. Except the untouchables.

Even then, with Zouma on the right. Can the kid even cross? :lol:

move hazard centrally or right.

We can use Hazard as CAM and until Jose made those comments there was not much reaction.

move hazard centrally or right.

I'd say take the post a whole as opposed to nit picking mate. The point is, there's so much being made about this when it's a non-issue to be honest. Hazard's not going anywhere, he's got good representation and he's got a good working relationship with Mourinho. If Mourinho dropped him on a tactical issue of conceding and we did keep a clean sheet and win without Hazard, it sends a message. Hazard can either work harder and get back into this team, to collect personal accolades, or he can watch others do it instead of him.

The good old days! :lol:

Imagine us having such an award with the current state of the forums lmao

Hahaha let's not forget the prehistoric 'Legends' tag.. Or even further back, negative reps :lol: - Anarchy if all 3 elements were brought back. (Do it Rmpr :yay: )

We can use Hazard as CAM and until Jose made those comments there was not much reaction.

You'll have to forgive me, but what's so bad about those comments? For ages people have been saying Hazard, Matic, Fabregas and Costa need to be dropped or step up. Well hey, Costa scored yesterday and Matic came on in the second half to see out a clean sheet. Fabregas was pushed higher up the pitch and probably only because Oscar's inconsistency is more of an evil in Mou's eyes (granted, he's got that wrong).

If he's giving tough love to Hazard, who's more than capable of taking it on the chin, what's wrong with that?

I'd say take the post a whole as opposed to nit picking mate. The point is, there's so much being made about this when it's a non-issue to be honest. Hazard's not going anywhere, he's got good representation and he's got a good working relationship with Mourinho. If Mourinho dropped him on a tactical issue of conceding and we did keep a clean sheet and win without Hazard, it sends a message. Hazard can either work harder and get back into this team, to collect personal accolades, or he can watch others do it instead of him.

sorry , i was not trying to nitpick. I meant , I would rather keep hazard and move him. than drop him. because i'm not seeing anything from the likes of pedro, I think our attack is far too stale , to ever justify dropping hazard.

You'll have to forgive me, but what's so bad about those comments? For ages people have been saying Hazard, Matic, Fabregas and Costa need to be dropped or step up. Well hey, Costa scored yesterday and Matic came on in the second half to see out a clean sheet. Fabregas was pushed higher up the pitch and probably only because Oscar's inconsistency is more of an evil in Mou's eyes (granted, he's got that wrong).

If he's giving tough love to Hazard, who's more than capable of taking it on the chin, what's wrong with that?

There are players who actually deserve such comments. This and other reasons have been explained over and over in the last pages.

sorry , i was not trying to nitpick. I meant , I would rather keep hazard and move him. than drop him. because i'm not seeing anything from the likes of pedro, I think our attack is far too stale , to ever justify dropping hazard.

Yeah I mean I still agree that Hazard is our biggest creative outlet, but Mourinho's demonstrating that resting on your laurels isn't the way to reach the heights of Messi and Ronaldo. As someone said, if Eden's attacking contributions were akin to last season then he wouldn't be called out on the defensive side. But we're at a critical time in the season where we are conceding soft goals and not creating enough on the other end.

There are players who actually deserve such comments. This and other reasons have been explained over and over in the last pages.

And Hazard doesn't? We can wrap the issue in cotton wool all we want, but no-one is pulling their weight in this team. Our only consistent performer is Azpilicueta which is why Mourinho won't drop him unless his hand is forced. He's shown Matic his wrath and the Serb then played a flawless game. Now he's shown Hazard his hand and hopefully the Belgian will respond positively. (Hopefully it's Fabregas' turn next!)