The Mourinho Thread

They are in same positions in this club.

Mata was man of the year(twice) and it was his team. Hazard is pretty much that role now.

The only difference is we have seen what has happened with De Bruyne now so we can hope people are smarter.

This makes no sense.

Mata in a way compromised a whole team, that had to be built around him for him to be as effective as he was for us - something he hasn't been able to emulate in United yet, simply because they haven't done what we did.

Hazard doesn't compromise anything - just in Jose's outdated head he's the reason why we're conceding so many goals... He may leave the same way Mata did - or not, but their positions in the team couldn't be any different. José didn't play Mata because he didn't fit at all in the team, Eden has been sidelined for one game and I don't think he'll be again any time soon. If I had to guess it, José is trying to rile up Eden, but I just hope it doesn't backfire.

Obviously you guys know Hazard better, but I don't think he has that ruthlessness in him.

Now De bruyne, he was ruthless. The entire world knew he was gone even before that window opened when he stopped playing :D Nothing anybody said could have kept him here. I think Mourinho could still probably sweet talk Hazard down from leaving.

Well tbh, i think KDB is much more impulsive and less intelligent. So kdb looks ruthless, yes. Eden has always been very calculated, steered/mentored by his father. He certainly is altruistic, but do not mistake that for being whimpish.

This makes no sense.

Mata in a way compromised a whole team, that had to be built around him for him to be as effective as he was for us - something he hasn't been able to emulate in United yet, simply because they haven't done what we did.

Hazard doesn't compromise anything - just in Jose's outdated head he's the reason why we're conceding so many goals... He may leave the same way Mata did - or not, but their positions in the team couldn't be any different. José didn't play Mata because he didn't fit at all in the team, Eden has been sidelined for one game and I don't think he'll be any time soon. If I had to guess it, José is trying to rile up Eden, but I just hope it doesn't backfire.

Jose made the exact same type of defending comment about Mata that he just did about Hazard though. We have all seen this show before, which is why the situations are similar.

Two creative players he felt the need to come out and shame about defending.

Well tbh, i think KDB is much more impulsive and less intelligent. So kdb looks ruthless, yes. Eden has always been very calculated, steered/mentored by his father. He certainly is altruistic, but do not mistake that for being whimpish.

Didn't his dad say last week it's no problem he plays less cause he will then be in huge form for EC?

A rather strange opinion if you ask me..

on the Hazard debate, I don't think he's like many Belgians players we've seen around - and I don't mean as a derogatory dig at Belgians, but you do have to wonder why you keep a manager that most people who defend him says is because he was able to control the dressing room and who has no clue of tactics, it's almost like he's more a nanny to the ego inflated players, than a football manager (also, not all players are like that, just a remarkable amount of them). So I don't think he's going to stomp and leave without thinking twice. He might leave at some point (don't know where though, as Real and Barça are stocked in his position, unless he considers Bayern), but I don't think it's going to be because he stopped believing in the manager. I don't think the hamburger gate was even intentional, imo he just stopped to eat and hasn't thought about the repercussion it'd have given the match's circumstances. So while I think Mourinho is taking a dangerous route here - by trying to rile him up AND making a mistake by keeping him in the bench, I don't think Eden is really going to rethink his whole career because of it. Also, he just signed a new contract, leaving won't be too easy and while we're known for letting unhappy players go, everyone can say this team needs Eden much more than it needed any of the other players we let go. Hazard is top5 in the world, something Mata, Luiz, de Bruyne have never been (and I don't see any of them becoming it either - although Kev could).

Didn't his dad say last week it's no problem he plays less cause he will then be in huge form for EC?

A rather strange opinion if you ask me..

Mourinho is an old fox, he knew the way to 'win' Hazard was through his father and we've seen a few reports throughout the years about Mou, Eden's father and Eden. They had talked a lot...

Eden Hazard didn’t start a league game for us for the first time since April 2014

‘I left Hazard out because we are conceding lots of goals. We need to defend better. We need our midfield players to be just worried about the central area of the pitch, not to be worried about compensating for the left side or the right side.

‘Playing with Pedro and Willian, the midfield players don’t have to look to the left or the right. Willian and Pedro did amazing defensive work on very good offensive players, Hutton and Richardson, and later Amavi. They allowed the midfield players to be very comfortable, and to have performances like Ramires and Fabregas had, totally controlling the centre of the pitch.

‘It was just a tactical decision leaving super quality on the bench but bringing tactical discipline and hoping that the team could be solid. I continue in that way or he [Hazard] comes in our direction and tries to replicate the same work Willian or Pedro did.

What?... :ph34r:

This is gold.

We're 5 points off top 4, i don't think it's impossible, other teams will lose points down the road, we just have to keep up the results at least, if not the form.

I m not denying where we are and the difference ... Nothing is impossible, we can win the title also even that is possible ... But realistically we need to look what we are doing now and are we improving in terms of tactics which is not.

Our strategy is still dependent on players to lift us rather than changing our game plan or tactics ... We played the same way one year back and still there is no change in our game plan (please educate me in case there is a huge difference) ... Today every team does an in depth analysis of their opponents and it is so simple to read your opponents if there is no change in tactics. Every one of our top players have been now found out by our opponents ... else how can you describe the best player from last season to be at most average in a span of 3 months?

Last season we managed to find success because the momentum was there, form was intact, new faces ... the moment that went off the tactics/strategy is gone for a toss. So today even when we recover our form it would be difficult to get those ease 3 points ... Plus the fact the team which were at 4,5,6 last season have improved in terms of quality of players ...

For this reason I doubt we would make it top 4.

Having said that, I'm a human and a fan at the end of day and will always hope for the best for the club ...

Thought Mourinho had a good managers performance today.

Taking off RLC to bring Matic on and therefore give Baba who was struggling a little more protection on that side seemed reasonable enough.

Villa were obviously sent out by 'tactics' Tim to get straight into us and try to capitalise on any confidence issues. Thought we held them comfortably for 20 mins before going on to control the play until the final whistle.

Seemed obvious that Mourinho and the team had the long trip to Kiev in mind as well...with the subs and closing down of the match giving Villa nothing.

Remember Mourinho used to be lauded as a tactical genius when he used to make quickfire changes such as 2 or 3 at halftime and we won with comfort......now posters moan if a player doesnt get an hour .

Some posters "moan" about everything as long as Jose is still the manager. They probably need a little break. We won today, kept a clean sheet, nothing perfect yet...

Let's look at the game at hand. Let talk about the team, the newly injected players, the benched palyers, the manager's tactics and selection, constructive criticism...etc. We can't just keep wailing even when we win.

I believe Eden Hazard will leave at the end of this season. He came here to be an attacker, not be blamed for conceding goals.

It's a shame, because he can only show his individual brilliance in our team. In a team that plays proper and quality, well-drilled collective attacking Football, that's when he's at his best.

Lol he is taking of Matic and Hazard as if its their fault yet Iva and Cesc get away every time.

If we sell Matic or Hazard because of Mou shit Im gonna lose it.

We have lost so many genuinelly quality players because of Mou so don't be surprised.