The Mourinho Thread

If you were you would not be making these comments. Read the last few pages.

Oh I did, so you'll have to forgive me for still being baffled as to what you think I'm misunderstanding. But if you'd rather not explain, that's up to you :tophat:

And Hazard doesn't?

What is so confusing about these posts? How many members have to repeat these arguments for you?

Now Eden shouldn't be free from criticism or from being benched but this makes no sense.

1) If he can't fit in a player like eden against Villa at home because he's concerned about conceding goals, well...

2) If it's about sending a message to Hazard (which is what i feel it is all about), the timing seems wrong, two weeks after his last chelsea game, on the back of his best performance of the season (albeit for the NT).

3) Having Hazard defend more, is not going to help us that much. We need him to carry us forward. Having him track back more is only going to hold him back from it more.

4) And now these comments... Sheesh. He's never criticized anyone by name like this before (besides Carneiro lol). I mean questioning his attitude, threatening to drop him completely... It may have worked after the Atleti game, but it' different now. All of the team is underperforming (not you Willian :heart: ), so why is he singled out like that. Besides Jose is not in as strong as a position as back then, far from it, no matter what the board and the players are saying.

Chelsea win overshadowed by Jose Mourinho's choice to drop Eden Hazard

Nail. On. Head.

This is a massive understatement but Mourinho really does baffle people with the things he say. We won yesterday - our first win in nearly a month IIRC - and he could have just let that be the headline. But no. He had to go and criticize Hazard for his lack of defensive work when asked why he was on the bench. Could have just said he was rested, he's been playing poorly (which is true) etc but instead, he had to cause some sort of controversy and give the media ammunition to write negative stories about the club.

Some might argue that he's challenging Hazard to improve himself but he really could have just done that by talking him to privately. There's no need to say those things in the public! I'm not optimistic that Hazard will stay with us for a long time but if we lose him because he cannot stand Mourinho's constant criticism about his defending - which is mostly unfair when you see the likes of Ivanovic, Fabregas etc have gotten away with it - then Mourinho seriously has plenty to answer. We have a player with the potential to be the best in the world but he's being criticized and held back from becoming better because of defensive work. :doh:

There was also the possibility to play Willian on the left to protect Baba and Hazard on the right hand side with Azpi behind him as always.

Benching him isn't the problem, totally deserved. Comments were a little too harsh in my opinion, just that. Hope he reacts well.

What is so confusing about these posts? How many members have to repeat these arguments for you?

Okay and what's wrong with my argument?

I'm saying that I believe those views are being blown out of proportion. They've all reflected that this is the wrong thing for Hazard and how Mourinho is out of line. What I'm saying is that the relationship between Mourinho and Hazard was so strong last year that I refuse to believe this isn't another calculated move by José. Mourinho obviously knows Hazard's our best attacking outlet, but I don't think there's anything wrong by dropping him and answering why.

And this isn't even Mourinho fanboying. I'd support any manager who would do that in the situation we're in right now.

People have been criticising Jose for over a decade for this kind of thing but he continually wins trophies to prove he knows what he's doing. Fergie was the same. He wasnt afraid to cunt off Beckham, Keane, if they were wasting their talent, and the players then actually buckle down or fuck off.

I am sure Hazard wont take offence, hes big enough and ugly enough to shrug it off and prove his worth. If not he can do one.

People have been criticising Jose for over a decade for this kind of thing but he continually wins trophies to prove he knows what he's doing. Fergie was the same. He wasnt afraid to cunt off Beckham, Keane, if they were wasting their talent, and the players then actually buckle down or fuck off.

I am sure Hazard wont take offence, hes big enough and ugly enough to shrug it off and prove his worth. If not he can do one.

Ferguson did an interview about a week or two ago and spoke of how well himself and Mourinho know each other. He spoke of his retirement and when making the choice of who to succeed him, he said Klopp had signed on with Dortmund and Mourinho was going to Chelsea. So let's bullshit this myth that United didn't want him from the off lmao. He also said, knowing Jose as well as he does, he'll find a way to fix this situation. Without a doubt.

Now if one of the (if not the only) greatest managers of all time can come out and support Mourinho, well.. -_-

Yeah Hazard is a real liability, attracting al those plastic pseudo fans, unterfans, mudbloods. Once he's gone we'll have only true fans of the purest blue, Uberfans.

How to recognize a true fan:

> Both parents where Chelsea fans

> Has a picture of Lampard tatooed on right butt cheek

> Has been a fan for a minimum of 25 years

> Lives in a 100 mile radius of the Bridge

> Has an oilpainting of Mourinho in dining room

> Has only Chelsea FC branded clothes.

> Should be suspicious cause false chelsea fans are everywhere!

> Goal: fanclub dominated by true uberfans.

> If you haven't met with these critirea your opinion is worth nothing.

63371175.jpg

How about you come back with a decent argument rather than just taking the piss out of people who want Mourinho to stay.

AFAIK Mourinho can't win - no matter what he does.

Ferguson did an interview about a week or two ago and spoke of how well himself and Mourinho know each other. He spoke of his retirement and when making the choice of who to succeed him, he said Klopp had signed on with Dortmund and Mourinho was going to Chelsea. So let's bullshit this myth that United didn't want him from the off lmao. He also said, knowing Jose as well as he does, he'll find a way to fix this situation. Without a doubt.

Now if one of the (if not the only) greatest managers of all time can come out and support Mourinho, well.. -_-

Do you have a link for that interview ? I would like to watch it .

63371175.jpg

How about you come back with a decent argument rather than just taking the piss out of people who want Mourinho to stay.

AFAIK Mourinho can't win - no matter what he does.

I'll come back when I want to which is now. I am taking a piss out of people who find it necessary to accuse a large part of the fan community of not being true fans. My "argument" may have been in the form of a comical hyperbole but I think it does quite a decent job of pointing out how repugnant and irrational such reasoning(true vs false fans) is. If I get likes for that it propably means a lot of people agree with this asessement. If it'd make you glad I'll make sure to put unpopular remarks beneath my posts in the future.

Mourinho can win, but his recent tactical decisions and media appearences are making it quite dificult.

Arsenal is the best team in the world.

Benching him isn't the problem, totally deserved. Comments were a little too harsh in my opinion, just that. Hope he reacts well.

I agree with that, only if it is a one shot. This kind of player needs to be on the pitch.

For the last few weeks, I saw a handful of people clamoring that Hazard needed to be benched due to his performances. Now that he's been benched for ONE match before a mid-week Champions League game that's very important, people are raising hell about it.

Mourinho could give birth to the baby Jesus himself and he'd still be chastised.

It's fine that he got benched but saying he doesn't defend enough is not a valid reason imo if Mourinho said he isn't playing good enough that would've been fine. Hazard's defending is good enough, we can't expect him to work as much as Willian or a Sanchez, it's never going to happen.