The Mourinho Thread

For the last few weeks, I saw a handful of people clamoring that Hazard needed to be benched due to his performances. Now that he's been benched for ONE match before a mid-week Champions League game that's very important, people are raising hell about it.

Mourinho could give birth to the baby Jesus himself and he'd still be chastised.

Maybe you should actually read the comments those people made before you react to it. Nobody is upset that Hazard got benched.

The problem is Mou's comments on why he benched him, namely that he didn't help the defense out enough which is utterly absurd

How is it absurd to say he doesn't defend enough?

2097362.jpg

2097372.jpg2097382.jpg

The players compared aren't really comparable, but look at the numbers. He doesn't put any effort into defending, and we know Mourinho values that over everything else.

People have been criticising Jose for over a decade for this kind of thing but he continually wins trophies to prove he knows what he's doing. Fergie was the same. He wasnt afraid to cunt off Beckham, Keane, if they were wasting their talent, and the players then actually buckle down or fuck off.

I am sure Hazard wont take offence, hes big enough and ugly enough to shrug it off and prove his worth. If not he can do one.

He wins trophies, and nobobdy is even debating this, what people are discussing is if that strategy work on the long term. He is winning trophies for over a decade, but not with the same team. He won a PL last season, and somehow his tactics paid off, but right now what really matter is not what happened in the past.

I also beleive its time to come up with "Fergie" every time someone want to defend a manager. Its not wrong with a manager wants to criticize a player, the problem is the reason why and the timing.

63371175.jpg

How about you come back with a decent argument rather than just taking the piss out of people who want Mourinho to stay.

AFAIK Mourinho can't win - no matter what he does.

The Homer Simpson's thing was perfect to describe your post.

Thats really an absurd way to defend Mourinho. Its just unbeliveable how far some people go. To be honest I never see anyone paying attention for "minutes per interception" and "minutes per tackle" stats coming from players like Neymar, Messi and Robben. I just can't imagine City, United, Barcelona, Real or Bayern dropping an attacking player because he won't defend well against a team in the botton of the table.

The stats show he doesn't defend. You can't argue that he does. Whether or not he needs to is a completely different issue altogether. If our defense was doing fine, I wouldn't have a problem with his workrate on defense (like in past seasons), but when we're struggling at the back as much as we have been this season, it's not absurd to ask him to do more to help out the team.

How is it absurd to say he doesn't defend enough? The players compared aren't really comparable, but look at the numbers. He doesn't put any effort into defending, and we know Mourinho values that over everything else.

An attacking midfielder about as large as a 12 year old defensively inept.. outrageous ^^

There were days wingers were rated on their chance creation and crosses, since Ronaldo wingers have to score 30 goals a season, now they have to be defensively solid.

He's been shit, but stop this nonsense about defending, it's absurd.

The stats show he doesn't defend. You can't argue that he does. Whether or not he needs to is a completely different issue altogether. If our defense was doing fine, I wouldn't have a problem with his workrate on defense (like in past seasons), but when we're struggling at the back as much as we have been this season, it's not absurd to ask him to do more to help out the team.

I would understand if he was dropping Hazard for a game against Barcelona in the Camp Nou, but when the team have 4 bad defenders, and won't be happy if an attacking player is getting the blame, when midfielders with more important defensive duties (Fabregas) are doing bad in that aspect, and that would be even worst if we are talking about a game against Aston Villa.

I would understand if he was dropping Hazard for a game against Barcelona in the Camp Nou, but when the team have 4 bad defenders, and won't be happy if an attacking player is getting the blame, when midfielders with more important defensive duties (Fabregas) are doing bad in that aspect, and that would be even worst if we are talking about a game against Aston Villa.

Why would you want to drop Hazard for a game against Barcelona, when we can do without him against Villa. That was the point of Mourinho dropping him for this match. We did fine against Villa without him, and he's rested and fresh for the game against Dynamo Kiev on Tuesday.

You won't get any argument from me that Fabregas deserves the bench more than Hazard, but Mourinho dropped Hazard to send a message to him that he needs to earn a spot in the team. He knows he can do this with Hazard, because he'll respond to it and work harder.

He wins trophies, and nobobdy is even debating this, what people are discussing is if that strategy work on the long term. He is winning trophies for over a decade, but not with the same team. He won a PL last season, and somehow his tactics paid off, but right now what really matter is not what happened in the past.

I also beleive its time to come up with "Fergie" every time someone want to defend a manager. Its not wrong with a manager wants to criticize a player, the problem is the reason why and the timing.

Still its great to be a Chelsea fan eh ? C'mon Henri its not all doom and gloom is it me old mate ? Eh ? "championes championes, ole ole ole ole Chelsea Chelsea !!'

You have to admit its a great club to support isnt it ? We're having a few difficulties, but who doesnt ? Who the fuck doesnt -eh? I know you dont like him because of the Portuguese/Brazil ting, but we've got the greatest manager Chels ever had at the helm havent we ? Give the cunt a bit of slack. Roman n the Board have. Cmon.

So we finally got to see what Mou's answer was to this crisis:

Remove the last bit of creativity from our team and go even more defensive.

This guy is just a portuguese Tony Pulis but with a bigger ego and a bigger budget.

We were in the process of building a team who could win things by playing more attacking and entertaining football and he singlehandedly killed it just to win a league title in the short term

yes because Pulis could obviously win the treble with Porto and Inter and back to back PL titles with Chelsea.

Why would you want to drop Hazard for a game against Barcelona, when we can do without him against Villa. That was the point of Mourinho dropping him for this match. We did fine against Villa without him, and he's rested and fresh for the game against Dynamo Kiev on Tuesday.

You won't get any argument from me that Fabregas deserves the bench more than Hazard, but Mourinho dropped Hazard to send a message to him that he needs to earn a spot in the team. He knows he can do this with Hazard, because he'll respond to it and work harder.

I'm against using that kind of primitive strategy to send messages to your player.

What enlightened strategies would you use?

I'm not a manager, so I don't habe any elightened strategy, but I think I'm a good boss, so I would try to have a private convertation with my player and try to understand whats wrong and explain why I think he could be a better player if he develop some aspects of his game. I think I also would try to understand what my players can and cannot do, and would try to play with a strategy that would get the best ouf of my players.

Lets be honest, the board should just fire Mourinho and name Henrique as the new manager.

Dont get me wrong Im not exactly loving Mourinho right now, but to sack a manager who rightly criticises a player is idiocy. If Hazard leaves one day this forum will be left with true fans of the club.

I'm still looking for a reason why I might enjoy watching CFC play now that Drogba's time is truly done. Jose and whatever is going on within the organization are making enjoyment nearly impossible. I'm skipping more matches and fast-fowarding through some of the play.

At this rate, I'll be done watching football within a couple years. better things to do with the time left in life.

People are twisting the facts.

Baba is poor defensively at the moment, everyone even on TC ( which is surprising lolz ) noticed that, it would have always been hard to put him in a side where he would have to defend more than behind a Pedro or a Willian, because yes, those two are still miles ahead of Hazard in terms of covering their left back, and Baba really still needs to improve defensively.

I don't understand people, everyone is calling for Baba, Iva is injured, Mourinho puts him, people start moaning because he is protecting him by a more versatile winger, do you guys even realize he is resting Hazard for the same matter ?

Do you realize that Hazard and Oscar burned out in our last two seasons, I'm glad José is learning to rotate and try different options, have different people included.

Hazard is going back to his place next game, and don't be surprised if Jose starts a Zouma/Azpi pair ahead of a Baba/Azpi one as Cahill would be fit, and that would make perfect sense.

I have criticized tons of his choices this season, but you are guys over reacting here, chillax, he isn't going to sell/bench the guy he's been prainsing since he came back here, Mou appreciates Hazard, and we all sense reciprocity in that, remember when he benched him for a home Premier League game and everyone went mad ? When he criticized him against Atletico ? Didn't Eden get better and collect every single individual award last year in the EPL ? Yeah so get your heads around the fact that José knows what he's doing.

As for his situation, I was willing to give him a last chance, he won against Villa, the result was good, factually he did some good decisions, including Baba, Pedro/Willian, RLC and Matic, some bad ones, like Fabregas, but get over it, we won, I'm happy, end of story, onto the next one, I'll slam him again when we lose.

MOAN DOWN, RAM PA PA PAM.

I'm not a manager, so I don't habe any elightened strategy, but I think I'm a good boss, so I would try to have a private convertation with my player and try to understand whats wrong and explain why I think he could be a better player if he develop some aspects of his game. I think I also would try to understand what my players can and cannot do, and would try to play with a strategy that would get the best ouf of my players.

Lets be honest, the board should just fire Mourinho and name Henrique as the new manager.

You don't know that he doesn't do that. That is near impossible to know; so you are criticising Mourinho based on a hypothetical; which in turn is based on conjecture.