The Mourinho Thread

So you want us to be like Arsenal and not to win the title for 11 years. Cool.

Don't misinterpret my words mate.

I never said I want Klop? I would take him. Pep would be my ultimate choice.

The problem with your response is that the football is shit and we are no longer winning

Scoring goals from open play is a huge problem.

This is deeper than a temporary crisis - I can't fathom how you can't see that? But each to their own, I will gladly eat my words if we finish in the Top 3 come the end of the season.

I was not replying to you personally mate.

Empty post?

Me too, won the league. :getin:

Yeah something went wrong with my post :(

Cool good man :)

An interim manager is hard to find - but I just think anybody attack minded would be good.

I know people will laugh at Frank Rikjard - but he started the Barca revolution and then jumped to the Arab states for the cash, an interim position could be good for us :)

Don't misinterpret my words mate.

I was not replying to you personally mate.

OK cool :)

I'm just saying - It's got so bad for me I would literally take anybody right now

If Mou's dad is so ill - why can't he take a sabbatical, not the sack and we get a chance to.freshen things up

Last time we sacked a top manager and gave a young up and comer a chance we know what happened. Sacking José for someone not even remotely in his class would be idiotic.

We won the Champions League? ;)

Interim is fine until the summer - avoid relegation and start again :)

Last time we sacked a top manager and gave a young up and comer a chance we know what happened. Sacking José for someone not even remotely in his class would be idiotic.

The options are pretty limited, especially if Klopp goes to Liverpool. And Ancelotti seems determined to stick with his sabbatical plan. No other good options apart from those two, even if we're going to hire an interim manager only.

The options are pretty limited, especially if Klopp goes to Liverpool. And Ancelotti seems determined to stick with his sabbatical plan. No other good options apart from those two, even if we're going to hire an interim manager only.

Brendan Rodgers?

Exactly. Which is why he has to, and will, stay on until season's end. If Klopp is still available in 2 weeks time and we get humiliated by Villa at home then I'd pull the trigger. If he isn't then just wait until the summer and have Roman on his knees at Pep's doorstep begging and offering him a mansion in Mayfair or something.

I still think Mourinho can turn this around and start changing. It's not too late for this season to turn around, there's only been 8 games. He needs to use this international break well and get the team back. He's capable of it.

I do admire your optimism and like I said to @Iceboy - I will gladly eat my words, buy I just don't see it happening.

Something is broken in Jose's mind and he can't seem to move forward. He's no longer a dynamic manager. He's too predictable and has no attacking prowess.

Not one shot on target in the second half at home vs Southampton says it all. It's been a steady decline since the start of the year :(

I just don't see him recovering

Well, anyway he got until the next break to fix this mess up, if until then we're not better, we'll see what the board will do. I admire them for sticking with José for now, it shows there's a will to change and move forward, but will José repay their trust? I hope so, we need it, he needs it, the player needs it. If not, no one can really feel sorry for him.
As many have said, it would be nice to have some more respect for the man, many don't like him and that's ok, but disrespect him is a whole other thing.
Everytime i read about Ancelotti in this thread i die a little bit inside :D a little funny story i have; A short while after Ancelotti left Milan and the news about him taking over at Chelsea, i was with one of my mates, he's a Milan fan, so we were talking about football stuff, and the Ancelotti topic came up, the first thing he said to me was this: "Chelsea are fucked now" and that was from a Milan fan.
I like the idea of Klopp, if the "sack" will become a reality, simply and only because of his exchange of words with Arrigo Sacchi (which, for me, sits at "best manager of all times") don't know how many of you saw that exchange of words but it was really awesome.

I still think Mourinho can turn this around and start changing. It's not too late for this season to turn around, there's only been 8 games. He needs to use this international break well and get the team back. He's capable of it.

I do think we can recover and end up in top 4, but changing not much.

If Mourinho seriously thinks the way he speaks at times, he will never change.

The comment about tall defenders is just stupidity, and we can see this manager mentality into approaching the game.

Another reason why I think it's a major mistake to waste our time with such a guy that has this type of philosophy.

I do think we can recover and end up in top 4, but changing not much.

If Mourinho seriously thinks the way he speaks at times, he will never change.

The comment about tall defenders is just stupidity, and we can see this manager mentality into approaching the game.

Another reason why I think it's a major mistake to waste our time with such a guy that has this type of philosophy.

I know, but that why I'm hoping he will change all of that in the long run. Top 4 this season, no matter what. Then lets see what he does, if he's given his transfers.

I would be very happy if that happens because I am torn apart between love the club and special one(unfortunately that doesn't suit him any more).

I wanted him out because he isn't doing anything to make us play good football. Results are good but for me I want the team to play fluid, quality football, and play as a team. Which seems to be against Mourinho's philosophy.

If a player isn't playing well we need other players to fill in and cover that person which doesn't seem to happen with Mourinho.