The Mourinho Thread

If he finishes 4th I see no reason why he shouldn't be kept on, if you see what I mean. As I saw on Twitter, "the biggest difference between United and Chelsea is that everytime it came down to it, United backed SAF over anyone."

Which is what the club should do, even if privately things are happening that we don't know of.

At this point if finishes 6th see no reason.Still be 10 places higher!He has a week or so to think things over/work out whatever and show he is capeable..if not sacked that is

It seems, in your black and white perspective of things, that you've painted me with the "Mourinho fanboy" brush. If that's the case, you're greatly mistaken in identifying support for a highly successful manager as blind devotion towards him.

The last thing this shambles of a club needs right now is for the headman's axe to be swung. Give him the season and make changes in the summer if necessary.

No, I am not calling you a fanboy. I am simply asking why in your mind you are doubting the seriousness of the topic. It is as justified as anything else being discussed in the forum, even more so considering the circumstances. You can show your support to the highly successful manager by voting "no", not questioning or dictating what the community should be seriously discussing.

The problem is sometime changing a manager sooner is better. Pochettino Southampton, Hiddink 2009 and countless other examples. Very rarely do we actually see the problem of changing manager and the team does even worse, that tends to happen more at lower clubs. If we keep up this form let's say we are 20 points off 4 places by Feb? What do we do? Accept a season out of Europe to 'give Mourinho one last chance?'. And it is not knee jerk we can already see that it can happen, Dortmund and Moyes MU are 2 of the clearest examples in recent memory.

I accept your point, which is well-made. Indeed, where do we draw the line? If we're talking of the extremes you mention (20 points off the top four), then he'd be gone, obviously, as that would be frankly unacceptable. Thankfully the damage is repairable as far as UCL football next season is concerned. However, if things don't improve my Christmas, I'd be surprised. Mourinho has the capacity to turn things around (of course he does, to suggest otherwise would be ignorant, IMO), BUT if things stay as they are over the next couple of months I'd say that is a fair amount of time for him to try and change things. I'm starting to lose faith that he can turn things around, as looking at the body language of the players it suggests he has totally lost the dressing room, bar for one or two. A massive shame.

At this point if finishes 6th see no reason.Still be 10 places higher!He has a week or so to think things over/work out whatever and show he is capeable..if not sacked that is

Yeah exactly lol, let him ride it out a bit longer. There's a two-week international break now, so he can recoup and figure a way out of this.

It seems, in your black and white perspective of things, that you've painted me with the "Mourinho fanboy" brush. If that's the case, you're greatly mistaken in identifying support for a highly successful manager as blind devotion towards him.

The last thing this shambles of a club needs right now is for the headman's axe to be swung. Give him the season and make changes in the summer if necessary.

Why is the club a shambles?

Think the worry thing is its so early in the season.Usually we slump a bit but midway not right at the beginning and it aint this bad.We went through that series of close wins under him think 06/07 and then a run of draws and pulled it back then.Its the performances and so many losses that are a concern

No, I am not calling you a fanboy. I am simply asking why in your mind you are doubting the seriousness of the topic. It is as justified as anything else being discussed in the forum, even more so considering the circumstances. You can show your support to the highly successful manager by voting "no", not questioning or dictating what the community should be seriously discussing.

I'm not dictating what the community should be seriously discussing, I'm not a member of the Gestapo. I am questioning it, as I'm amazed it has come to this, I really am.

Time for me to take a break from this place, I think.

If he finishes 4th I see no reason why he shouldn't be kept on, if you see what I mean. As I saw on Twitter, "the biggest difference between United and Chelsea is that everytime it came down to it, United backed SAF over anyone."

Which is what the club should do, even if privately things are happening that we don't know of.

Well even if we finish second I still would sack him for such reasons I mentioned many times before.

A. He can't help us play attacking futbol, his best at being pragmatic.

B. He has a poor habit of trusting more on older players then younger players. Case in point Ivanovic. If Mourinho had the same amount of love and patience for someone like KDB, Lukaku, Bertrand and what not he would have gems in his hand.

C. Controversial manager, don't like this.

So after seeing all this after 3 season, is it really worth to keep going for more years?

For me no, it's not worth all the noise he brings.

We can do the same work with all this less fuss with a manager like Klopp or whoever.

Because every manager will always have bad seasons, but in the bad seasons you want to see progress.

With Mourinho there is no progress with youth or attacking futbol. He rather run his mouth which frankly gets boring after 3 years.

With each passing game I lose a little bit more confidence in his ability to turn things around based on his stubbornness, but do I want him to get the sack? Absolutely not. We're a laughing stock as it is.

Agree 100%. Both Mourinho and the players are equally to blame, Jose for being too stubborn to mix things up when things are clearly not going our way and the players for their unacceptably bad performances and most of all horrible preparation to the season. Players like Hazard, Matic and Ivanovic are still looking very much unfit and that can only be a result of a bad pre-season caused by them becoming arrogant as fuck after the title win and thinking they'll win it again with last season being very, very easy in the end.

I also don't think the poll is quite accurate, maybe just the emotions getting to everyone's head straight after that shambolic performance today. Wait till people calm down and they may think differently or at least I hope they will.

Nothing but respect for Jose but he must do something fast to turn things around or he's gone. After all he's done for the club he deserves the chance to try to fix things instead of getting sacked like Scolari or AVB the minute things get tough.

I'm not dictating what the community should be seriously discussing, I'm not a member of the Gestapo. I am questioning it, as I'm amazed it has come to this, I really am.

Are you amazed that the community has reacted this way or are you amazed that the club is in the state in which it is? If it's the first, then you have been a member long enough not to be amazed by this. Heads have rolled for far, far less over here. If you are amazed by the state of things in the club, then I'm with you.

how?

care to explain?

Yes.

Too many players make too many individual mistakes... Ivanovic,Terry,Cahill etc....
They are the same players that won the league a few months ago. jose is the same manager with the same tactics.
Something is wrong with the players mentality. some of them look like they don't give a fuck. some of them just in a very poor form.
Jose tries to protect them, to give them time to try to recover but nothing till now.

Time for me to take a break from this place, I think.

To be fair Alex, given the complete mess we are in right now and the part Mourinho has played in this, think it's fair to have the poll above (even if I don't necessarily like it). Even the man himself practically challenged Roman to sack him after the game.

Are you amazed that the community has reacted this way or are you amazed that the club is in the state in which it is? If it's the first, then you have been a member long enough not to be amazed by this. Heads have rolled for far, far less over here. If you are amazed by the state of things in the club, then I'm with you.

Both, to be totally honest.