The Mourinho Thread

If it were 'just' the horrid football or the abysmal results, i wouldn't really have a problem with him staying.

It is just that I get the feeling that José himself is getting toxic to this club. The controversies, the insults, the negative bodylanguage, his man management... I feel like it's affecting the whole club.

@DYC., Do you remember when I said Mourinho doesn't have many options after Chelsea?

His post-match interview reeked of somebody who knows his options are limited.

I am sure they would still 'love to have him' in Paris :ph34r: where he will dominate the league for 10 years even with the players they got and the poor state of the rest of the league.

lets start with ivanovic. how many mistakes has he made? swansea, city, palace, everton, porto. and yet he played today and got destroyed. why? whose mistake was it that iva even started today or against porto or against everton or against palace?

exactly, the same manager with the "SAME TACTICS". people adapt. they evolve. each and every team has done that. we have not. jose has not. its not the players' fault that we have no idea what to do with the ball. that we look so toothless in attack. that our main weapon of scoring is willian and his free kicks. it is not the players' faults that teams keep attacking our right side. that cesc cant cover defensively for a team in league 3 and yet is being made to play as a DLP.

a good manager, drops the players when they need to be dropped. jose has not. its not being just 3/4 games into the season. its been 12 fucking games into the season. more than enough time to recover. time enough to make changes which HE has not made.

The same I can say: ivanovic made so many mistakes and he's shit - it's his fault.
the players have no idea what to do with the ball? why last season the same players knew what to do?!
toothless in attack? again, same players that scored many goals last season.
our main weapon of scoring is willian? where is costa?hazard? why they so shit this season, especially hazard... it's their fault.

Very true, there will always be one Ferguson I suppose. But you can extrapolate certain traits between them, can you not?

I can't tbh, bar the succes they've both shared in the PL. What are the similarities you see in the two managers?

Apart from winning trophies, which traits is that? falling out with your own staff in the public? isolating your players to avoid criticism of yourself? In fact Sir Alex said in his auto bio that he refused to quit MU in 2001 because he didn't want his assistances to lose their job as well or when fans wrote him letter telling him to resign in protest of the Glazers. While Sir Alex did fell out with many players like RVN, Rooney, Beckham...etc he had the balls to bench them and eventually sell. Mourinho cannot even dare to drop his fucking boss Ivanovic, let alone selling.

But Ivanovic is just one, again for the life of me I don't know why he is, exception. He's already showed his willingness to bench these players hasn't he? Costa, Hazard, Matic, Pedro, Terry.. They've all been dropped at one point or another.

@DYC., Do you remember when I said Mourinho doesn't have many options after Chelsea?

His post-match interview reeked of somebody who knows his options are limited.

I still think he'll have a good amount of options. He's a big name manager and a brand. He has fantastic representation in the form of Mendes. I think clubs will want to experience the rollercoaster ride.

But I can see what you're getting at.

You literally took the words right out of my mouth. How can anyone say the club is in shambles without acknowledging that Mourinho is essentially to blame for that? Is he not the one that mishandled the situation with Eva? The whole team has been atrocious, yes but he's the manager! He's the one that coaches these players, he's the one that selects them, he's the one that set-ups up the team.... yet there's this reluctancy to reprimand him. If the club is in shambles then it's because the manager himself is in shambles.

Preach.

The same I can say: ivanovic made so many mistakes and he's shit - it's his fault.
the players have no idea what to do with the ball? why last season the same players knew what to do?!
our main weapon of scoring is willian? where is costa?hazard? why they so shit this season, especially hazard... it's their fault.

how is ivanovic being shit his fault. why the hell is he starting then?

why was iva on the pitch? who chooses the team? who chooses iva to start.

how many goals have we scored since the turn of the year? how many attacking games have we played since the turn of the year or since that swansea game

why is hazard on the pitch. we looked good against porto without him and yet at the first sign of trouble we go back to him. why? is he the only thing we have. is he the only go to plan that jose has?

how many times have we fallen behind this season? what has been jose's plan in that case?

take out matic, play cesc as DM and put in a striker (remy/falcao). has it EVER been successful. NO. we always end up getting murdered on the counters. and yet we persist. why? whose tactics are these?

I'll take your post point by point.

A. He can't help us play attacking futbol, his best at being pragmatic.

Who has ever played this 'attacking football' that we keep talking about when it comes to Chelsea? Carlo, AVB, RdM, etc all played the same brand of football we've been playing for a while. I do accept that our approach to certain matches is undesirable, but if they all lead to one objective (trophies) isn't that worth it? We didn't play this boring football all through the 2014-15 season, it only really started when we had our slump.

B. He has a poor habit of trusting more on older players then younger players. Case in point Ivanovic. If Mourinho had the same amount of love and patience for someone like KDB, Lukaku, Bertrand and what not he would have gems in his hand.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it? But as I recall, and I'm sure this has been stated over and over again, Lukaku and KDB chose to leave. Mourinho said a few weeks ago that KdB kept knocking on his door asking to leave.

With Ivanovic, I'll give you that. That will continue to confuse everyone, Mourinho is 100% wrong in his continous selection and there isnt's any excuses for it. The only hope is, the Serb's days are numbered.

C. Controversial manager, don't like this.

Now we're just being pedantic lol. I remember the days of Carlo here, the proverbial 'yes-man', we hated it. We wanted someone to stand up to the board for example, to defend the club in the media, that's what Mourinho does. Creates the whole siege mentality.

Again I point to SAF. Controversy was his forte, loved to do it. Remember when RvP "could have been killed"? He did that week-in week-out, United fans loved it and adored it.. Are they both so different? Someone mentioned that SAF recommeneded against Mourinho, but I'm sure that's not true. From what I read, Bobby Charlton was the one who said no to the idea.

Good response.

I'll say with Carlo there was an awesome vibe at the first season, second season what happen seems to be the same thing that is happening now. Lack of fresh blood, with as well both managers having fault.

Looking at that you can say no one is perfect, Mourinho and Carlo both had their good points and down points.

RDM we tried to at the beginning but nothing to sustainable. With Benitez towards the end there was the intent and which is why I was so excited about our future prospect.

I guess if you asked me who would be the coaches that produce that amazing attacking futbol I want, I can only think of two man right now.

Bielsa and Guardiola. Both cut from the same cloth, with the exception that Bielsa is a crazy guy....I would say more then Mourinho! :D

As per to youth and hindsight, yes it's true but come on he still has not done much for the younger players. When RLC was one of the best out there most of the time he play this season and still don't get the time and trust he gives others, it boils my blood!

And controversial manager, well here's the thing. There's a good controversy and then there's taking it too far.

With Mourinho at Real Madrid third season poking someone, and then this season with his treatment of medics.

I don't mind a little controversial like Clough or heck even Klopp, but I think Mourinho goes too far at times. I wouldn't want this for a decade.

That being said and analyzing all those things, I still believe that he should not be here long term. I rather waste our time and energy with someone else that fit the bill.

Would not mind Bielsa, but that guy is too crazy and would walk away from the club like he did at Marseille recently! :D

I still think he'll have a good amount of options. He's a big name manager and a brand. He has fantastic representation in the form of Mendes. I think clubs will want to experience the rollercoaster ride.

Unlikely to happen but think Arsenal might be a good fit for him. Perennial underachievers, no one takes them seriously, only won 2 trophies in 10 years etc. Perfect environment for him to create the siege mentality, make them mentally stronger and win big things with them.

how is ivanovic being shit his fault. why the hell is he starting then?

why was iva on the pitch? who chooses the team? who chooses iva to start.

how many goals have we scored since the turn of the year? how many attacking games have we played since the turn of the year or since that swansea game

why is hazard on the pitch. we looked good against porto without him and yet at the first sign of trouble we go back to him. why? is he the only thing we have. is he the only go to plan that jose has?

how many times have we fallen behind this season? what has been jose's plan in that case?

take out matic, play cesc as DM and put in a striker (remy/falcao). has it EVER been successful. NO. we always end up getting murdered on the counters. and yet we persist. why? whose tactics are these?

Because if he dropped Hazard & Ivanovic & Matic & Cesc &.... and played with the youth and still lose, people will complain why he played with the kids...

The only way from Chelsea is down. No more Real Madrids out there. He knows it.

So: The players are playing like shit so it must be their fault .A bit simplistic really. But at least you are asking the right question, why are they shit? And there propably are a multitude of reasons. Mismanagement, bad atmosphere, lack of personal motivation, etc.... You can't deny that somewhere in there the manager is playing a big role.

Unlikely to happen but think Arsenal might be a good fit for him. Perennial underachievers, no one takes them seriously, only won 2 trophies in 10 years etc. Perfect environment for him to create the siege mentality, make them mentally stronger and win big things with them.

But the football though! He can't produce the Arsenal football. There's also the issue of image. I think Arsenal pride themselves as a gentleman's club and don't care for controversy and negativity.

Claude would love him though.