The Mourinho Thread

I don't remeber any title-winning team ever having recovered being 8 points down after 4 games. Utd have won a chasing title in 2007 but were always within touching distance. chelsea never won a title chasing cos we never had the mental strength to do so. the only chasing title winner i can remember in the last 10 years was city who had 11 points on utd in february but that was an absolute average utd team they hunted down.

Ah then my memory betrays me. But I stand by the points after that, I still believe it's far too early to be making any assumptions about the title race. Yes, we've severly handicapped ourselves with this abysmal start but it's not over. City still have to play their share of troubling clubs and will definitely drop points along the way.. We just have to hope we can begin a winning mentality & reality.

But mate, how many times have we seen in such recent times alone how much the 'head start' doesn't matter. Teams with less quality than us have chased bigger point margains.. United have done it, hell we've done it a few times. It's still far too premature to begin to get carried away with all this "worst start" crisis talk.

Past history is exactly what it is history and meaningless in the here and now If you honestly think we are on a par even in this early stage of the season with City then either your the worlds biggest optimist or you've had a serious bet on us winning the league.

See, this is why his subtitutions were slightly bizzare. Taking of his more consistent performers in Azpilicueta & Matic when we're only a goal down? Okay he's admitted he wishes he had taken (what we can assume to be) Ivanovic off, had he another sub left. On one hand, I can't fault him for bringing on Loftus-Cheek (the more minutes that boy gets, the better!!). But Fabregas & Hazard needed a telling message today.

Past history is exactly what it is history and meaningless in the hear and now If you honestly think we are on a par even in this early stage of the season with City then either your the worlds biggest optimist or you've had a serious bet on us winning the league.

:lol: the former to be honest. But what else can I be? Lol. It's simply tragic to watch this start, shades of Borussia Dortmund of last season.. A team full of superstars playing like a relegation surviving team. I'm inclined more to believe we can fix this rather than crumble.

Ivanovic leaving is the only thing I have left to hope for in this transfer window.

Too little to late Mak i'm afraid . The worse thing about today was and every man and woman who supports the blues knew that Ivan was the weak link. What did Pardew do let Zaha rip him a new one for an hour and then bring on Bolasie. What did Mourinho do? Take off Dave and bring on a 19 year old kid and play him out of position on his league debut

Too little to late Mak i'm afraid . The worse thing about today was and every man and woman who supports the blues knew that Ivan was the weak link. What did Pardew do let Zaha rip him a new one for an hour and then bring on Bolasie. What did Mourinho do? Take off Dave and bring on a 19 year old kid and play him out of position on his league debut

I know mate. Better chance of signing Stones, Pogba and Messi than Ivanovic being sold in this window. At least Mourinho has indirectly singled him out a bit after the match. It's a start!

Are there additional quotes to go with this or is just typical Sky hyperbole and a melodramatic interpretation of what Mourinho said earlier?

He might drop Ivanovic (assuming it is him Jose was referring to) for 1 match but that doesn't mean he's out of the first team or leaving anytime soon, sadly.

Are there additional quotes to go with this or is just typical Sky hyperbole and a melodramatic interpretation of what Mourinho said earlier?

He might drop Ivanovic (assuming it is him Jose was referring to) for 1 match but that doesn't mean he's out of the first team or leaving anytime soon, sadly.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9972045/jose-mourinho-warns-chelsea-players-to-improve-or-risk-sack?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Is Jose technically part of the squad? Because I bet he'll be the first to go if he keeps crapping out games like this. It's not even the results. it's just not entertaining at all.

It's supposed to be fun watching a football match right? That's why people pay money for it?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Jose has too many things to fix, so he choose not to fix it all and just give a trust to the same squad over and over.

Now he should realized it doesn't work, he need to step forward make a change in the squad like a boss and care shit about the senior that can't perform.

Like he did to casillas.

And when this happen I surely will back him up for picking the real best 11 players rather than picking 11 players that he trust most.

Is Jose technically part of the squad? Because I bet he'll be the first to go if he keeps crapping out games like this. It's not even the results. it's just not entertaining at all.

It's supposed to be fun watching a football match right? That's why people pay money for it?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

To be fair, after Crystal Palace scored, it was an open, entertaining game. Both sides had chances to score goals, both sides were vulnerable defensively, it's just unfortunate that Crystal Palace's defenders stood up to the challenge...whilst Chelsea's defenders (Ivanovic, Cahill) failed to keep their composure and kept backing off Bolasie for some reason

To be fair, after Crystal Palace scored, it was an open, entertaining game. Both sides had chances to score goals, both sides were vulnerable defensively, it's just unfortunate that Crystal Palace's defenders stood up to the challenge...whilst Chelsea's defenders (Ivanovic, Cahill) failed to keep their composure and kept backing off Bolasie for some reason

You have a point, but what I said could easily be projected to about 80% of matches in 2015.