The Mourinho Thread

Imagine we do a Dortmund last season...fighting relegation until February. It is all good to give the manager time but there has to be a limit as well, for example if by October we still have only won twice or something then a serious change would need to be considered.

Imagine we do a Dortmund last season...fighting relegation until February. It is all good to give the manager time but there has to be a limit as well, for example if by October we still have only won twice or something then a serious change would need to be considered.

and only win , we have won very luckily, if we had only got 2 poits istead 4, there wouldn't nothing to say

and only win , we have won very luckily, if we had only got 2 poits istead 4, there wouldn't nothing to say

KTF the ONLY teams to have beaten us are the TOP two and the team we drew with are 4th ... we will be fine when we meet the weaker teams ..

Everton and Arsenal up soon ,, a walk in the park :ph34r:

Sacking isn't the solution. We should stick to Mourinho, work out a solution, because situation like this will come back haunting us again sooner than later. Overcoming this obsticle will make us a better team for not going the easy route all the time with buying new players and hiring new managers.

Your also risking losing players.....

Another rather worrying issue that hasn't been brought up in the wake of this mess is just how comfortable all of our opponents have looked against us. In the final few minutes of the game, Palace were so comfortable that they even had time and confidence to cause our defence more problems and create chances. can you imagine something like that hapenning to other big teams? This is just not good enough. it's one thing to lose to matches or drop points but for a "big team" to lose or drop points in such fashion is unacceptable imo. When I watch other top teams, normally when they drop points especially to the smaller teams, it's because the opposition have been quite lucky with their goal keeper and even sometimes the woodwork coming to their rescue. When chelsea are chasing the game on the otherhand, we rarely genuinely trouble our opponents defence and cause them trouble.

Another point of discussion that hasn't been given attention to is the lack of foundation being laid down by Mourinho. This is his third season at the club and we are yet to develop an identity and a template/formula that not only works but can be passed on to future managers to follow. What is mourinho actually doing to improve the team and the club both in the long and short term?

nothing

Mourinho is not a manager to build a long term team. Since he came back the team usually is very uninspiring in the market. He definetely doesn't know whats going on around. Matic, Fabregas, Pedro, Costa, Felipe Luis. 3 players coming from La Liga. 2 of them Barcelona rejects, and one of La Liga's top scorer before he joined. Matic was an ex-Chelsea player.

The only player was a little different was Cuadrado and he was a disaster.

He tried to sign a decadent Rooney for a huge amount of money 2 years ago, and almost paid 40m for an unproven CB, a move that would put to shame PSG/Luiz/40m.

I really doubt the club will see Mata, Hazard or Oscar in near future. Instead I expect Sergio Ramos, Rakitic, Benzama, Ribery, when they are no longer good enough to start games for Barcelona, Real or Bayern.

Swansea just bought Ayew for free, and thats unbelievable, because the man is just better than Cuadrado, Moses or William.

Another rather worrying issue that hasn't been brought up in the wake of this mess is just how comfortable all of our opponents have looked against us. In the final few minutes of the last game, Palace were so comfortable that they even had time and confidence to cause our defence more problems and create chances. can you imagine something like that hapenning to other big teams? The fear factor alone wouldn't even let them dominate like that against City or arsenal for example. This is just not good enough. it's one thing to lose to matches or drop points but for a "big team" to lose or drop points in such fashion is unacceptable imo. When I watch other top teams, normally when they drop points especially to the smaller teams, it's because the opposition have been quite lucky with their goal keeper and even sometimes the woodwork coming to their rescue. When chelsea are chasing the game on the otherhand, we rarely genuinely trouble our opponents defence and cause them trouble.

Another point of discussion that hasn't been given attention to is the lack of foundation being laid down by Mourinho. This is his third season at the club and we are yet to develop an identity and a template/formula that not only works but can be passed on to future managers to follow. What is mourinho actually doing to improve the team and the club both in the long and short term?

Agreed

The 4-2-3-1 formation has fucked me off for years

Why can't we adapt and have that plus other formations

I think he's lost the dressing room - I think our attacking players are sick and tied of having defence rammed down their throats

It's about balance

And if he is seriously threatening to sell our top players - I'm sorry his time is done here

He promised to integrate youth and hasn't - we are pushing huge money to other clubs for players that could and should have come via our Academy.

I know something is going on behind the scenes. And, as Jose's father is very ill - he could easily take a sabbatical this season and we bring in a temporary manager. There are plenty of candidates who could get us into CL places this season... Just a thought...

I was waiting for this. good to criticize them. Remember last time what happened when he criticized Hazard and now he is the best player. I'm waiting the same answer from Hazard.

I was waiting for this. good to criticize them. Remember last time what happened when he criticized Hazard and now he is the best player. I'm waiting the same answer from Hazard.

OK - but where is the criticism of Ivanovic?

He's blaming midfielders and wingers for not defending - when the one fucking player that's meant to defend isn't!

This is just looney tunes from Jose and I hope it's been taken out of context.

Hmm maybe the bigger question is

'do the board trust him in the transfer market'

He's made some pretty fucking shit decisions lately

Who would blame them for questioning it.