The Mourinho Thread

I dunno about you guys but if I spent more time complaining about how my team played than actually supporting and celebrating their victories Id probably consider supporting another team that fulfilled my "BARCELONA ATTACKING FOOTBALL CAN LOSE BUT CANT PLAY DEFENCE" needs.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/4/28/8510175/mikel-scores-his-greatest-ever-goal

did not know where to put this so i ll just put in here so that atleast the most negative of the posters have something to smile about.

I don't get how anyone but Jose can win Manager of the Year.

Let's start with that, for 2 seasons, Chelsea were top for majority of that time, close to 300 days. Result = 0 manager of the month awards.

Man City during those 2 seasons were leaders for 15 days + 9 days tied at the top = 3 manager of the month awards for Pellegrini.

So if you cannot give MoTM award for someone who was at the top for majority of his time being the manager you have to give him Year award, right ?

When I see Southampton, fine, but they're 7th now comparing with being 8th last season. Hardly an upgrade, they're still outside of Europe now. Even if they lost many players, I think everyone imagined that they're so stable now with their budget and Academy players, that safe standing in the middle of the table will be theirs. Probably they overachieved but one thing is overachieving while being doomed for mid table and another coping with being doomed for first position - and responding with being at the top for whole season.

At the end Southampton made minimal progress while Chelsea made far bigger in my opinion.

Others like Monk and Pearson are out of contention. Monk only added bigger insurance for safe standing while Pearson probably survived with club which got promotion with over 100 points and are above only ONE last season Premier League team.

Pardew ensured survival for 2 teams. But I can't consider this as enourmous achievement since he had to be above only ONE last season Premier League team (other than Sunderland, above Burnley, who have budget good for Eredivisie and QPR who couldn't score away for majority of the season).

So all in all it shouldn't be contention at all. Others don't compare with being at the top for around 300 days and still waiting for first proper recognition. Jose is only one winner.

Well if that's sincere, should be the most brave post i've seen here, it's not always easy to stop arguing and concede that the other person is right ( even when things are as obvious ) in a debate you've been holding for months.

Gotta give him credit if he means it.

We desperately need Griezmann.

Azpi-Zouma-JT-Luis

Matic-Cesc

Griezmann-Hazard-Willian

Guv'nor

- Azpi is better offensively on his original wing

- Willian is covering Iva atm but Luis is a better offensive asset than Bran, plus, we'll get the Shakhtar Willian back, he's been brilliant offensively on the left ( Arsenal away and stoke home )

- One more solution at central defence, Ivanovic, plus, Cahill atm covering Iva is a disaster at times, Azpi can deal with it himself, and on the weak side we'll have captain covering, which won't be a problem.

- Hazard would be way unpredictable if he's playing in a 10 role and swapping positions with Griezmann who operates equally as a 10-9,5 or 7 player.

- This would remove the Oscar dependance and give us more diversity with Luis and Azpi giving us width.

- Griezmann can be as dangerous as Hazard on the right wing.

- Further offensive solutions with Oscar Hazard Cuadrado Griezmann Willian and maybe Salah.

- Bring back Bamford, we need a good striker as Didier can't do it anymore, and Patrick can play on the right too Sturridge style.

- Give Loftus Cheek a role in the team, and maybe recruit a Fabregas bis. ( Who's ready to fight for his place rather than a big name ).

This is just the best set up for our team, and with Mourinho recruiting someone like Griezmann on the right, we would progress in the direction you mentioned Kellzfresh, i sincerely hope José considers this, I can only think of positives from this set up, better balance and more offensive diversity.

We desperately need Griezmann.

Azpi-Zouma-JT-Luis

Matic-Cesc

Griezmann-Hazard-Willian

Guv'nor

- Azpi is better offensively on his original wing

- Willian is covering Iva atm but Luis is a better offensive asset than Bran, plus, we'll get the Shakhtar Willian back, he's been brilliant offensively on the left ( Arsenal away and stoke home )

- One more solution at central defence, Ivanovic, plus, Cahill atm covering Iva is a disaster at times, Azpi can deal with it himself, and on the weak side we'll have captain covering, which won't be a problem.

- Hazard would be way unpredictable if he's playing in a 10 role and swapping positions with Griezmann who operates equally as a 10-9,5 or 7 player.

- This would remove the Oscar dependance and give us more diversity with Luis and Azpi giving us width.

- Griezmann can be as dangerous as Hazard on the right wing.

- Further offensive solutions with Oscar Hazard Cuadrado Griezmann Willian and maybe Salah.

- Bring back Bamford, we need a good striker as Didier can't do it anymore, and Patrick can play on the right too Sturridge style.

- Give Loftus Cheek a role in the team, and maybe recruit a Fabregas bis. ( Who's ready to fight for his place rather than a big name ).

This is just the best set up for our team, and with Mourinho recruiting someone like Griezmann on the right, we would progress in the direction you mentioned Kellzfresh, i sincerely hope José considers this, I can only think of positives from this set up, better balance and more offensive diversity.

Why are we gonna buy a guy for 40m who hasn't even really featured in the position we want him for?