The Mourinho Thread

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA SUCH KNOWLEDGE, SUCH POST, SUCH CONTRIBUTION HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Kiddo

Dude you can't deny that you spoke FAR too soon. We were really good in that 2nd half and deserved our win very much.

no sorry dude. you are right.

we should all lose faith in jose cos we were 1-0 down against leicester who had won the previous 4 games and were playing like their lives depended on it (cos you know what, their PL lives do depend on it).

but i liked the immense bundle of knowledge and contribution in your amazingly far sighted post. :lol:

oh you gotta love the knee jerks and the knee jerkers.

I haven't lost faith in Jose because we we're 1-0 down. I've lost faith in Jose because this team failed to play decent football since the turn of the year.

I am worried that we will play next season like we're playing now.

But hey, who am i to tell you what to think?

Dude you can't deny that you spoke FAR too soon. We were really good in that 2nd half and deserved our win very much.

I wasn't speaking just because we we're 1-0 down.

To be fair, we played decent in the second half.

My concerns are that i don't see any progress on the pitch, that's all.

I haven't lost faith in Jose because we we're 1-0 down. I've lost faith in Jose because this team failed to play decent football since the turn of the year.

city and chelsea were at the same juncture. same points, same goals scored, goals conceded etc etc.

fortunately we have a manager who knows the real world of football better than geniuses like ourselves who post about the "awesome" brand of football like its the easiest thing to play.

i mean you really dont need to be a rocket scientist to understand that jose purposelly changed the whole system, went pragmatic, sacrificed parts of our game just to get us over the line towards our first PL in 5 years.

when push came to shove, we showed whose who and whats what today.

so, dont tell me what to think, just think a bit about stuff yourself.

The way, I BET, he lit a fire under everybody's ass that the league isn't settled yet and made them go out after half time. A manager. I am sorry, but I didn't see this in Ancelotti's second season, under Rafa(ofcourse), AVB, Scolari, Grant or whoever we can name. Hiddink managed to get them going, when thing weren't going. Mourinho. Say no more.

hiddink is the only one who was as good as him

The way, I BET, he lit a fire under everybody's ass that the league isn't settled yet and made them go out after half time. A manager. I am sorry, but I didn't see this in Ancelotti's second season, under Rafa(ofcourse), AVB, Scolari, Grant or whoever we can name. Hiddink managed to get them going, when thing weren't going. Mourinho. Say no more.

Ancelotti was given an ageing squad, but yet managed to produce the best football of any manager in the Abramovich era and win the league and cup double. Abramovich and the board didn't rejuvenate the squad in his second season and it cost us. Instead Torres was forced down his throat.

I wasn't speaking just because we we're 1-0 down.

To be fair, we played decent in the second half.

My concerns are that i don't see any progress on the pitch, that's all.

On the other hand, we played arguably the best football in the first half of the season. Lost any faith then?

Our performances clearly haven't been the same since January but because of various circumstances - suspensions, injuries, drop in form etc - we had to tweak and perhaps become a little more pragmatic. We're gonna run a risk if we try to open and expansive football when the players aren't at it. Otherwise, we risk another *ahem* 5-3. Let's also be fair a bit, the performances in 2015 haven't been as good as the last months of 2014 but we have had a few good performances along the way. The only issue we weren't scoring enough goals to make the wins look more convincing (like against Stoke for instance).

Ancelotti was given an ageing squad, but yet managed to produce the best football of any manager in the Abramovich era and win the league and cup double. Abramovich and the board didn't rejuvenate the squad in his second season and it cost us. Instead Torres was forced down his throat.

he's a manager who picks the best players in the squad. when it goes good then all is well but when it went bad he had no idea how to stop it. considering the age of terry, lampard and drogba now - what 4 years older? terry's been amazing, lampard was winning city games at the start of the season and drogba at 37 has at least played a part. he was given david luiz in January and had at least had a decent squad size. Benayoun was never used and ramires was bought to replace Ballack.

I think he is tailor made for Real Madrid.

he's a manager who picks the best players in the squad. when it goes good then all is well but when it went bad he had no idea how to stop it. considering the age of terry, lampard and drogba now - what 4 years older? terry's been amazing, lampard was winning city games at the start of the season and drogba at 37 has at least played a part. he was given david luiz in January and had at least had a decent squad size. Benayoun was never used and ramires was bought to replace Ballack.

I think he is tailor made for Real Madrid.

Drogba's last great season was Ancelotti's first season, Lampard played 4 or 5 good games for City and is now on the bench. Terry is still good, but it's a moot point since he's a centre back. He was given David Luiz? Sounds more like a curse. Apart from Terry and Cech, that team didn't have any world class players in their prime.

Mourinho on the other hand has always had the strongest Chelsea teams at his disposal. 2004-2005, 2005-2006. He's been shewd in the market but he also has had the young raw material (Hazard, Azplicueta, Oscar and Courtois) other managers didn't.

What is the point of your comment? I am talking about motivation, not criticizing what he did.

Drogba's last great season was Ancelotti's first season, Lampard played 4 or 5 good games for City and is now on the bench. Terry is still good, but it's a moot point since he's a centre back. He was given David Luiz? Sounds more like a curse. Apart from Terry and Cech, that team didn't have any world class players in their prime.

Mourinho on the other hand has always had the strongest Chelsea teams at his disposal. 2004-2005, 2005-2006. He's been shewd in the market but he also has had the young raw material (Hazard, Azplicueta, Oscar and Courtois) other managers didn't.

Was he "given" them? Wikins came out and said Ancelotti wanted Torres infact he nearly came the summer before he actually did.

You are always vocal in your critiscm about Mous tactics and I respect your opinion even if I couldn't disagree more but then surely you should be critical of Ancelotti in the second season, some of his tactical decisions were criminal and surely such an experienced manager could see the danger of naming lineups in the presser?

Was he "given" them? Wikins came out and said Ancelotti wanted Torres infact he nearly came the summer before he actually did.

You are always vocal in your critiscm about Mous tactics and I respect your opinion even if I couldn't disagree more but then surely you should be critical of Ancelotti in the second season, some of his tactical decisions were criminal and surely such an experienced manager could see the danger of naming lineups in the presser?

I'm not even trying to defend Ancelotti, but it's ridiculous for some to lay all the blame on him for that 2nd season. He had his problems as a manger. My point is, the board simply didn't back him in the summer. EVERYBODY knew we had an ageing squad. When things started to go south, we then wasted over 80 million pounds on Luiz and Torres in January. Both panic buys.

I just googled that 2010-2011 squad. It was a 70ish point sort of team. Nothing more. I remember there was a time even McEachran looked our best midfielder.

Ancelotti did the best he could with what was an ageing squad. Mourinho is doing what he's supposed to do with the best team in the league and with no competition from his rivals. But it's Ancelotti who gets blamed?