The Mourinho Thread

LEAGUE CUP WINNERS AND SIX POINTS CLEAR

MOURINHO OUT

Fickle bastards.

Can't wait to quote a shitload of these posts when/if we win the PL and the same critics are licking his arsehole.

Come on Alex. That is harsh. Majority of us want Mourinho to stay but he does deserve criticism.

-We won the League Cup. Nice early season trophy.

-We get dumped out the 4th round to Bradford in a comp that regarding how many big sides went out, we could have thrived in that. Major disappointment.

-Champions League: We easily go through the group stage however go out in the knockouts to a team who outplayed us both games. Awful tactics and considering we were up against 10 men for the 2nd leg and played that poor and went out is ridiculous. Never been that raged by a Chelsea performance before. Another huge disappointment.

-League. We were excellent, early season. However for a while now the performances are getting poor. It is worrying. Yes it looks like we will wrap up the league but we have been lucky in the sense that our main rivals have dropped many points where they should have won. However look at some of our performances recently and tell me if that is not cause for concern. I will be delighted if we win the league but the second half of the season performances have been below-par.

Mourinho rarely rotates the team and it shows. Buying Luis for £16m or so and rarely using him is pathetic. He does well most games he pulls on a Chelsea shirt. If we win the PL it will be a success for me because that is what I wanted the most at the beginning but let's be honest, their have been a lot of flaws this season that Mourinho should be accountable for too. The UCL exit was a poor performance from the players but he takes a huge part of the blame and tbh with you it is only because of our early season form that keeps us in first place. That is worrying as it papers over the cracks.

Anyway, hope we just win this title and Mourinho does some major business in the summer to make sure we are even stronger for next season.

What is the point of debating with you if you just believe my opinion is a waste of time? I'm open to new ideas and I am willing to say I'm wrong when I'm wrong but you are something else. I guess I'll keep my lol arguements and stupid questions to myself, thanks for the respectful debate, I had fun .Have a nice day. :smiliecap1:

when i thought your argument was that we should be scoring 2+ goals easily with the abundant attacking talent at our disposal ( :rolleyes: ), i thought it was an argument. i even said that jose was at fault for overly trusting in oscar, buying physical wingers instead of technical ones and also over relying on hazard. my point was simply that our attack simply is not as good as you thought it is. and i tried to drive home the point. but i refuse to argue with anyone who starts with the usual drivel about us not dominating and putting performances before the results. the same people who say this, were the biggest moaners last season when we went trophyless and will be the biggest moaners when we play good "beautiful" football and not win a thing. just the way of the world and i simply refuse to be pulled into it. but that should not stop you from continuing the propaganda.

lastly, tell me a team which does not have to grind out results. there was a time when barca were in such a poor form that they were grinding out results against the likes of elche and levante. RM right now dont seem capable of grinding out a result and look at them. from a 6-7 point lead, they are 1 point behind barca. i am sure even u know that for a fact that grinding out results as big a factor of champions and winners as is good football. so sorry if i seem reluctant on not wanting to argue on something which is pretty much a fact for me.

That first half was the reason why we stood no chance in the Champions League. We tried to defend after scoring one goal and they still got so many chances.

There are a lot of things we have to do to get better next season.

1. I think we shouldn't sign anymore Brazilians. Most of them have the worst decision making in any team. We're looking for energy from them but when they get fatigued, where's the little bit of quality?

2. We need to find a Spanish midfielder, people with good decision making/keypasses /assist record and can still press. (Koke)

We need to buy schneiderlin from Southampton to play besides Matic in the big games next season, Fabregas should stay away from the pivot or benched against any team that does pressing.

3. I think Mourinho is ruining everybody on the right wing with his tactics. The right wingers first job is to cover for ivanovic instead of attacking. Then the subs play 10 mins every 2-3 games.

What is annoying me is the amount of money and time we have spent on that wing (KDB, schurlle, Salah, Mata, Willian, cuadrado) and no one seems to get a grip, it means the fault is in the tactics. Either Mourinho gets a player who suits his tactics both offensively and defensively or he should do some rotation. In fact he shouldn't buy any player who doesn't have body strength for the right wing again, because from 2 years of watching the movement of the right winger I think the player Mourinho is looking for is James Milner. I'm confident if we buy reus for the right wing he'll look like salah was here.

4. And lastly wtf has happened to our pressing and intensity?? Since when can Southampton, Liverpool and tottenham press better than us??? If our players are weak under pressure, why don't we press the opponent back?? What is this sitting back, giving up and letting them create as much chances as they want and hope courtois has a great game?? Courtois has had far too many motm performances this season and thats what teams like Burnley should be hoping on, not Chelsea.

We need to attack faster, press faster like the 2nd half and stop this firsthalf slow, sluggish and turgid play that is not an identity of a Mourinho team.

Come on Alex. That is harsh. Majority of us want Mourinho to stay but he does deserve criticism.

-We won the League Cup. Nice early season trophy.

-We get dumped out the 4th round to Bradford in a comp that regarding how many big sides went out, we could have thrived in that. Major disappointment.

-Champions League: We easily go through the group stage however go out in the knockouts to a team who outplayed us both games. Awful tactics and considering we were up against 10 men for the 2nd leg and played that poor and went out is ridiculous. Never been that raged by a Chelsea performance before. Another huge disappointment.

-League. We were excellent, early season. However for a while now the performances are getting poor. It is worrying. Yes it looks like we will wrap up the league but we have been lucky in the sense that our main rivals have dropped many points where they should have won. However look at some of our performances recently and tell me if that is not cause for concern. I will be delighted if we win the league but the second half of the season performances have been below-par.

Mourinho rarely rotates the team and it shows. Buying Luis for £16m or so and rarely using him is pathetic. He does well most games he pulls on a Chelsea shirt. If we win the PL it will be a success for me because that is what I wanted the most at the beginning but let's be honest, their have been a lot of flaws this season that Mourinho should be accountable for too. The UCL exit was a poor performance from the players but he takes a huge part of the blame and tbh with you it is only because of our early season form that keeps us in first place. That is worrying as it papers over the cracks.

Anyway, hope we just win this title and Mourinho does some major business in the summer to make sure we are even stronger for next season.

I accept your arguments, especially about team rotation. But I have never said Mourinho doesn't deserve criticism. I said it twice yesterday alone. My argument is that our squad is nowhere near as good as people on here think it is. Mourinho is making a fist out of a hand that is relatively decent, but by no means world-beating.

For me, Mourinho is rebuilding the mess that was the short-term fix represented first by Grant, then Scolari, then Hiddink, then Ancelotti, then Villas-Boas, then di Matteo, then Benitez. It might have brought about some short-term success, but there was no long-term vision for the future. There is this time around with José. It will be a frustratingly long journey, but he will make us one of the world's best teams again in the not too distant future. And as far as I'm concerned, we've taken positive strides this season.

A League and League Cup double is a fucking phenomenal achievement given the quality of the competition in the PL this season. It's as competitive as ever and for me this is a very positive indicator of things to come. Mourinho doesn't get it right every game, I accept that, but if he gets it right over the course of a season - which we almost always does - he wins silverware. I'll take that.

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho believes he is “special” because he is able to rise above all the criticism he receives, but is concerned that the media spending too much time talking about him.
"I think people worry about me too much, (more) than they should. They don't know what my happiness is,"he told ESPN.
Mourinho went onto explain what exactly makes him happy and also revealed why he considers himself as a “special” manager.
"My happiness first of all is when I compare myself with the others, I see just a few that are with me in terms of success and the others I see a huge difference, a huge distance," he explained.
"I have lots of respect for all of them, but in the Premier League, who is European champion? Me and (Manchester United boss Louis) van Gaal.
"In the Premier League how many won the Premier League twice or more than twice? [Arsenal boss Arsene] Wenger and myself.
"How many won every competition in this country? Community Shield, (League) Cup, FA Cup, Premier League? How many?
"You go to Europe, how many won seven league titles? How many won two Champions Leagues? Ancelotti won three. Van Gaal, two. And Pep (Guardiola, the Bayern Munich boss), two.
"I'm not content with that, but you are too much worried about myself.
"What makes me feel special is that I am above all of this. You think I care about some bullsh*t I read? Do you think I care? I don't care. I don't care."
Chelsea failed to beat Southampton on Sunday at Stamford Bridge but still lead Manchester City by six points with one game in hand in the Premier League.

READ MORE: Jose Mourinho: I am above all of this, I am the best

This isn't mind games or anything like that, Jose is clearly upset and stirred up. He needs to get his shit together, because like some players, he seems to be out of form as well.

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho believes he is “special” because he is able to rise above all the criticism he receives, but is concerned that the media spending too much time talking about him.

"I think people worry about me too much, (more) than they should. They don't know what my happiness is,"he told ESPN.

Mourinho went onto explain what exactly makes him happy and also revealed why he considers himself as a “special” manager.

"My happiness first of all is when I compare myself with the others, I see just a few that are with me in terms of success and the others I see a huge difference, a huge distance," he explained.

"I have lots of respect for all of them, but in the Premier League, who is European champion? Me and (Manchester United boss Louis) van Gaal.

"In the Premier League how many won the Premier League twice or more than twice? [Arsenal boss Arsene] Wenger and myself.

"How many won every competition in this country? Community Shield, (League) Cup, FA Cup, Premier League? How many?

"You go to Europe, how many won seven league titles? How many won two Champions Leagues? Ancelotti won three. Van Gaal, two. And Pep (Guardiola, the Bayern Munich boss), two.

"I'm not content with that, but you are too much worried about myself.

"What makes me feel special is that I am above all of this. You think I care about some bullsh*t I read? Do you think I care? I don't care. I don't care."

Chelsea failed to beat Southampton on Sunday at Stamford Bridge but still lead Manchester City by six points with one game in hand in the Premier League.

READ MORE: Jose Mourinho: I am above all of this, I am the best

This isn't mind games or anything like that, Jose is clearly upset and stirred up. He needs to get his shit together, because like some players, he seems to be out of form as well.

sounds like a very insecure man

Sooo many people called Jose Mourinho on this forum..

Maybe this days I've been complaining more than I used to.

I love Mourinho and have followed him since he stepped into our club over 10 years ago.

Mourinho is a coach who doesn't care how the game goes to win, but one thing he never depended on was too much luck. He normally can easily make a match boring but no team ever really dominated or created so much chances against a Mourinho team unless he wants to make it an open game with him creating the same amount back like against westham.

The first half also followed the same performance against PSG in our home when we were expecting a reaction so fans were visibly frustrated.

I'm not used to this from Mourinho so I'm concerned, doesn't mean I know better than Mourinho.

This I think is by far the best comment on this situation you can find.

There are a few retards who are going on about how he should be sacked if he doesn't win the League or that the players are shit and the club is shit, but this is the most level-headed response you will find. kudos kellz.

on this topic I've been pretty much neutral, because I'm confident enough Mourinho will turn things around, but there is a little to be worried about. Not like those kids who are throwing their toys out the pram and crying.

Maybe this days I've been complaining more than I used to.

I love Mourinho and have followed him since he stepped into our club over 10 years ago.

Mourinho is a coach who doesn't care how the game goes to win, but one thing he never depended on was too much luck. He normally can easily make a match boring but no team ever really dominated or created so much chances against a Mourinho team unless he wants to make it an open game with him creating the same amount back like against westham.

The first half also followed the same performance against PSG in our home when we were expecting a reaction so fans were visibly frustrated.

I'm not used to this from Mourinho so I'm concerned, doesn't mean I know better than Mourinho.

After the PSG game Carragher made an interesting point imo, even though he got an avalanche of shit at him from us and Mourinho. He said that he had seen Mourinho teams being outplayed plenty of times, this is something we all have seen and know why it happens, but he also added that he didn't remember the last time a Mourinho team was straight-up outmuscled and bullied, and I agree. There were literally no redeeming qualities in the PSG game and 1st half against Soton, we were not only outplayed but outfought.

I have little interest to talk about Jose this season, really. After yesterday show of stubbornness, I just hope to wrap this title in any possible way and overhaul this side in the summer with HIS players.

Then we can verdict in his 3rd season with majority of his players if we like what his team shows or don't.

However, I scrap my head how he's going to introduce youngsters since he can't do a change before 70th minute, it's forbidden apparently, only exempt from this are emergency injury calls.

It's been a while since we've had a great quote come from Jose, this is gold however..

"Pundits are paid to wear my suit, but I'm not paid to wear their suit"

"If one day I become a pundit, I will wear a manager's suit. I will win every game, because pundits win every game, and then I can be critical and I can be phenomenal like they are."

Just when I thought he had lost his knack for the soundbite.

Jose now has nowhere to hide. Lets see what his management and coaching is made off when cornered. The team must rise and challenge for title rather and limping to cross the line.

Im sure Roman and the senior hierarchy know this too.

Jose must show his hand.

After the PSG game Carragher made an interesting point imo, even though he got an avalanche of shit at him from us and Mourinho. He said that he had seen Mourinho teams being outplayed plenty of times, this is something we all have seen and know why it happens, but he also added that he didn't remember the last time a Mourinho team was straight-up outmuscled and bullied, and I agree. There were literally no redeeming qualities in the PSG game and 1st half against Soton, we were not only outplayed but outfought.

Exactly, that's the right word for it. "outfought"

Fighting is our identity if we ever had one.

We're loosing too much 50-50 challenges and aerial challenges which is strange. That's why we should start fighting back like that 2nd half whenever a team pressured us. But if we sit back a little, we should do it like last season where Liverpool couldn't create a chance all game at home. Cech never had as much motm performances last season like courtois has already.