The Mourinho Thread

Our approach in the first half was atrocious but kudos to Jose for basically admitting that we set up wrong and actually changing it up tactically in the 2nd which allowed us to play the way we did in the 2nd.

We've had that first half performance too often recently however. We do really need to pick it up from now.

Southampton's intensity dropped, they sat back and we began to build play in a way that we simply couldn't in the first half. Why does Jose deserve credit for that?

The thing is when a team presses us and doesn't let us have it our own way we always play like we do in the first half. When teams sit back we 'dominate'. This is why every time we play a top team we resort to 30% possession / 2 efforts on goals / disjointed football. We couldn't keep the ball against PSG at home when they were down to 10-men.

Southampton's intensity dropped, they sat back and we began to build play in a way that we simply couldn't in the first half. Why does Jose deserve credit for that?

The thing is when a team presses us and doesn't let us have it our own way we always play like we do in the first half. When teams sit back we 'dominate'. This is why every time we play a top team we resort to 30% possession / 2 efforts on goals / disjointed football. We couldn't keep the ball against PSG at home when they were down to 10-men.

I disagree sorry. Southampton sat back because we stopped sitting back and actually increased our pressing game and intensity. I'll reply again with more depth later, phone is about to die.

Honestly, that 2nd half performance was one of our best in a long, long, long time.

don't see what Mourinho's fault is in this one. He put out the best men on the pitch, aside from Cahill. It just didn't go right. We're still going to win the league.

The matches we led and then being equalised.

Schalke - from 1-0 to 1-1

City - from 1-0 to 1-1

Bolton - from 1-0 to 1-1(win 2-1)

United - from 1-0 to 1-1

Shrewsbury - from 1-0 to 1-1 (win 2-1)

QPr - from 1-0 to 1-1 (win 2-1)

Maribor - from 1-0 to 1-1

Scums - from 1-0 to 1-1 (defeat 5-3)

Liverpool/ Capital one cup - from 1-0 to 1-1

Bradford - from 2-0 to 2-2 (defeat 2-4)

City again - from 1-0 to 1-1

Aston Villa - from 1-0 to 1-1 (win 2-1)

PSG - from 1-0 to 1-1

Burnley - from 1-0 to 1-1

PSG again - from 1-0 to 1-1; from 2-1 to 2-2

Southampton - from 1-0 to 1-1

Scary, I think buying defenders have become the top priority this summer

What's his actual problem with Luis? He's been good in every game I've seen him play. Is it really a case of favouritism? Personal relationships?

I'm starting to believe it more and more

Azpi is a better defender and Ivanovic seems to score important goals.

I disagree sorry. Southampton sat back because we stopped sitting back and actually increased our pressing game and intensity. I'll reply again with more depth later, phone is about to die.

Honestly, that 2nd half performance was one of our best in a long, long, long time.

No need to apologise. You're one of the few people on here that doesn't get emotional so I know we can have an adult conversation.

The second half looked like our typical huffing and puffing against a team that sits back when they have dropped physically.

Terrible personnel management by Jose. He's worn out the starters and subs look terrible because they never play and thus never get any feel for the game.

Can anyone explain why he bought Filipe Luis?

how worn out players suddenly come and play football in the second half? I don't get it, so they were worn out to actually even try in the first, but then in the second were energized enough to give one of the best performances we had in months? How is that physically even possible? He's making a mistake, I have no doubts, and that is being too lenient, soft and nice with the players. He needs the harsh approach.

Will anyone say we tried to secure the 1x0 lead? We were completely outplayed from mark 17' on until the end of the first half. Our players went to the challenges with their bodies and feet always backing off from contact. They watched Southampton player dominate the game and DID nothing. I can list a few Mourinho's mistakes today and I already listed them a few times, but I can't accept that level of performance from those players. I just can't. The way they backed away from actually fighting for the ball and watched Southampton play? Unacceptable. Unacceptable from them and from Mourinho for not being harsher on them and allow it to happen. They need a wake up call. If there's one thing ALL his teams, including his RM, had wherever he went was determination and a fighting attitude in the pitch. This Chelsea as of lately looks like a bunch of pussies, waiting the trophy to arrive at the end of the season. It won't arrive if they don't work their arses off. It almost feels like they behave as if we had already won it or that they had already done enough, so they can spare themselves in the pitch.

And as we had a nightmare winter transfer window, now we're victims of a short squad whose bench doesn't have even remotely enough quality to replace a bad Cesc, useless Willian and abysmal Oscar.

I really don't know what he was thinking when he bought the likes of Cuadrado and Willian. This is the era of technical players with an eye for a pass etc and he's still going for these fast physical types that can't do much else.