The Mourinho Thread

Arsenal will finish like 2nd or 3rd-probs like 5-8 points off top in the end and 'go again' next year then the cycle repeats. I am only worried about City because they have experience with these things while their rivals collapsed. Who knows God might reverse it this time with Gerrard scoring the winner in a few weeks and we lose ground to City. Anything can happen with the way we play.

Arsenal have two boom bust cycle's.

Start the season really well, have people talking about title, Wenger finally getting it and the transition over, only to collapse badly and end up 3rd or 4th.

or start the season abysmally, Wenger out etc only to be resurgent in the second half and get 3rd/4th, it's been one or the other for them since 2007.

And as u said in the title race thread, we can afford to be above average and still be all right.

Those three teams are inconsequential for the majority of the year save for a chance encounter in the Champions League. The other 19 teams are the teams that Chelsea has to defeat to win the league. The players that Chelsea has at it's disposal should be more than capable of winning any match in the league. If what you say is true and the team has over-relied on Cesc Fabregas to makes things tick than the fault falls squarely on the manager's shoulders for not have a plan-B. When a key player is out of form it is the manager's responsibility to come up with a solution, of which there hasn't been one. The squad isn't a paper-thin QPR that would be relegated without Charlie Austin. The resources available at this club are boundless and the fact that Chelsea can barely draw with Southampton and Burnley lose to Bradford City with the so often called best manager in the world is embarrassing. Since the club has last won the league a total of

£377,850,000 has been spent on players, players that can't beat Burnley. Unacceptable to play in such a pathetic manner.

Tbf, the results have been good overall.

Start the season really well, have people talking about title, Wenger finally getting it and the transition over, only to collapse badly and end up 3rd or 4th.

or start the season abysmally, Wenger out etc only to be resurgent in the second half and get 3rd/4th, it's been one or the other for them since 2007.

And as u said in the title race thread, we can afford to be above average and still be all right.

If they get further. in the Champions League reckon they'll stay doing well.Usually that signals the beginning of it and considering they havent got past the last 16 since 2010 should they somehow manage it,be a huge confidence boost and all.Usually by now they're going but hasnt happened...gotta surley

The other 19 of this league are crap. Comparing those teams to ours solves no problem.

How many of our attacking players would be startinf material is barca/bayern/RM. except for hazard, no one even comes close. Out of our 3 strikers costa may have a shot at RM, the remaining 3 AMs would not even make the bench. Thats the sorry state of affairs. Hell, they would not even make the bench at psg.

Our attack is purely and completely cesc oriented. And that is a FACT. We have over relied on cesc and with him out of form, we are struggling to score. That is no nonsens but a FACT. Most of our recent goals and the most important ones have come thru set pieces and our defenders cos we have been so shocking from open play. We do have options like remy and cuadrado who should be used cos people like oscar just are not.

If Fabregas our only hope then the solution is obvious.

As @supporter, said in the past we need someone like Koke to give support to Fabgreas.

But you just watch us buy another Cuadrado type of player. <_<

Is it me or are (most) Arsenal fans obvlious to this yearly cycle?

Those three teams are inconsequential for the majority of the year save for a chance encounter in the Champions League. The other 19 teams are the teams that Chelsea has to defeat to win the league. The players that Chelsea has at it's disposal should be more than capable of winning any match in the league. If what you say is true and the team has over-relied on Cesc Fabregas to makes things tick than the fault falls squarely on the manager's shoulders for not have a plan-B. When a key player is out of form it is the manager's responsibility to come up with a solution, of which there hasn't been one. The squad isn't a paper-thin QPR that would be relegated without Charlie Austin. The resources available at this club are boundless and the fact that Chelsea can barely draw with Southampton and Burnley lose to Bradford City with the so often called best manager in the world is embarrassing. Since the club has last won the league a total of

£377,850,000 has been spent on players, players that can't beat Burnley. Unacceptable to play in such a pathetic manner.

Bang on! You will get no complaint from me,

And I admit it is his fault to overly rely on cesc. Also, can u honeslty tell us a plan-b? I don't think we have one. And that is mainly due to our lack of quality and there is no doubt there is a lack of quality and to a certain extent even some lack of depth. As much as I love rambo, he shoukd not be cesc's replacement. Oscar and willian should not be first team starters (atleast not both together). This squad is still a work in progress and I am sure jose would have realised a lot of pur short comings this season. But to say that our "attacking talent" should be steam rolling all defences is nonsense cos our attacking talent is actually very limited. You want a comparison with other teams of this league then lets have it. Lets assume all teams play 4-2-31

City - aguero, silva, nasri, navas. Except for navas I would take all the rest 3 over ours.

Pool - sturridge, sterling, coutinho, lallana. Sterling and coutinho would walk into our team at this moment.

Arsenal- giroud, sanchez, ozil, cazorla. Sanchez and cazorla would walk into this team.

United - rooney, ADM, mata, young. Despite his poor form, adm is still class.

Spurs- only eriksen though I can't see how chadli is any worse.

So our supposed attacking prowess is pretty much on level with the rest of the clubs. Our x factor has been cesc who has been dire recently. And jose needs to sort this before the next season.

Ps - the bradford match was a one off which sometimes happens irrespective of any and evrything. For gid's sake, we have still just had 3 losses in the whole season. So don't try to prove a point with an anamoly like the bradford game.

Is it me or are (most) Arsenal fans obvlious to this yearly cycle?

Think most are just waiting for it to happen.Feb time it tends to be.Still remember that game against B'Ham that started it one year when Gallas sodded off and just sat in the middle of the pitch

Depends what happens Tues.That be a turning point win or loose.Either confidence or down they go.

Bradford...that was a disaster yet such a deserved result which in a way should've been a wake up call in terms of being able to defend leads.Yet some reason like today get a lead then sit back and they attack.Before felt confident on a 1-0 lead now less so.

Still we didnt loose today and City didnt win yesterday otherwise be completely different

There's been talk of a new contract but I hope it's just talk at this moment. Even if we do go on to win the league he shouldn't be given a new contract. What's the rush? He supposedly loves the club and will only leave if Chelsea sack him / don't renew his contract. I personally don't want him to be given more time until we play better football and are more competitive in Europe - an easy run to the Champions League semi last season only to be comprehensively outclassed by a team with less than half the budget wasn't competitive before anybody mentions it.

Barca and RM lost a 38 match league to that team and as far as I can remember they have owned their next door neighbours -multiple times to the extent of a 4-0 drubbing and they beat barca at nou camp to win the league. Jose shoyld probable commir suicide cos he lost to a team of that calibre.

And I admit it is his fault to overly rely on cesc. Also, can u honeslty tell us a plan-b? I don't think we have one. And that is mainly due to our lack of quality and there is no doubt there is a lack of quality and to a certain extent even some lack of depth. As much as I love rambo, he shoukd not be cesc's replacement. Oscar and willian should not be first team starters (atleast not both together). This squad is still a work in progress and I am sure jose would have realised a lot of pur short comings this season. But to say that our "attacking talent" should be steam rolling all defences is nonsense cos our attacking talent is actually very limited. You want a comparison with other teams of this league then lets have it. Lets assume all teams play 4-2-31

City - aguero, silva, nasri, navas. Except for navas I would take all the rest 3 over ours.

Pool - sturridge, sterling, coutinho, lallana. Sterling and coutinho would walk into our team at this moment.

Arsenal- giroud, sanchez, ozil, cazorla. Sanchez and cazorla would walk into this team.

United - rooney, ADM, mata, young. Despite his poor form, adm is still class.

Spurs- only eriksen though I can't see how chadli is any worse.

So our supposed attacking prowess is pretty much on level with the rest of the clubs. Our x factor has been cesc who has been dire recently. And jose needs to sort this before the next season.

Ps - the bradford match was a one off which sometimes happens irrespective of any and evrything. For gid's sake, we have still just had 3 losses in the whole season. So don't try to prove a point with an anamoly like the bradford game.

I did not say that I know Mourinho's plan b nor did I say that he has one, I said that he hasn't shown one thus so far. Redundant question to ask me. I said that the attacking talent "should be capable of defeating any team" not that it can nor did I say that they should be steam rolling the defences of other teams. There is a difference between what I've said and what you'd inferred from me. Unless you stop putting words in my mouth, I have nothing more to add to this debate of ours. If £300,000,000 is a work in progress, then the club should seriously question the scouting sectors of the club. Pathetic to spend this much money on a team that plays pragmatic football.

That is true the team has only lost three teams this season. But the team is winning at what cost? Grinding out results? Disgusting.To win with style and defending with grace should be the team's ultimate goal. The attacking is disjointed and the defending is at times desperate and hamfisted. Notwithstanding Chelsea is a club in the postition to buy success and indoing so may as well buy it with a beautiful intent. I am not upset with the success the club is achieving but I am very critical of the how the success is being achieved. Do the means really justify the end?

I did not say that I know Mourinho's plan b nor did I say that he has one, I said that he hasn't shown one thus so far. Redundant question to ask me. I said that the attacking talent "should be capable of defeating any team" not that it can nor did I say that they should be steam rolling the defences of other teams. There is a difference between what I've said and what you'd inferred from me. Unless you stop putting words in my mouth, I have nothing more to add to this debate of ours. If £300,000,000 is a work in progress, then the club should seriously question the scouting sectors of the club. Pathetic to spend this much money on a team that plays pragmatic football.

That is true the team has only lost three teams this season. But the team is winning at what cost? Grinding out results? Disgusting.To win with style and defending with grace should be the team's ultimate goal. The attacking is disjointed and the defending is at times desperate and hamfisted. Notwithstanding Chelsea is a club in the postition to buy success and indoing so may as well buy it with a beautiful intent. I am not upset with the success the club is achieving but I am very critical of the how the success is being achieved. Do the means really justify the end?

I am sorry dude. At first I thought, you were just upset with the amount of goals being scored in the last 13 matches and inspite of our supposed "attacking abundance of talent", I thought the reason for that was prettt evident. I just dint know i was talking to one of those people who thought grindong results is pathetic. One of the most hilarious statements I have read. Not gonna waste my time anymore.

You dint say steam rolling but for a team who has scored 94 goals in 43 matches this season, I would say its a pretty good return. What's more is that we just played a game against the league's meanest defence and did "dominate" Soton all through the 2nd half and were probably very unlucky more than once to not get a winner.

Another LOL argument is that since we have spent 300mil in 5 years' time, so this can not be a team in progress especially when half of our manger's transfers have been to clean out the previous messes like torres, luiz, mata (that 100mil right there) and getting players which he wanted rather than what were given to him.

Also, I did admit that jose was wrong in a number of things. When I was asking questions, it was to signify that I myself dint know the answer so I admit the thing. Anithr OTT reaction from you in that resoective. As for asking if the means justify the end? What kind of a stupid question is that? Of course it does. There is a cautionary tale in arsenal.

Couldn't agree more with these points.

Mourinho's stubborness of being loyal to several players has led to poor management of the squad and decision making. That has certainly affected the team's performances of late.

Salah, Remy and mikel...

I am sorry dude. At first I thought, you were just upset with the amount of goals being scored in the last 13 matches and inspite of our supposed "attacking abundance of talent", I thought the reason for that was prettt evident. I just dint know i was talking to one of those people who thought grindong results is pathetic. One of the most hilarious statements I have read. Not gonna waste my time anymore.

You dint say steam rolling but for a team who has scored 94 goals in 43 matches this season, I would say its a pretty good return. What's more is that we just played a game against the league's meanest defence and did "dominate" Soton all through the 2nd half and were probably very unlucky more than once to not get a winner.

Another LOL argument is that since we have spent 300mil in 5 years' time, so this can not be a team in progress especially when half of our manger's transfers have been to clean out the previous messes like torres, luiz, mata (that 100mil right there) and getting players which he wanted rather than what were given to him.

Also, I did admit that jose was wrong in a number of things. When I was asking questions, it was to signify that I myself dint know the answer so I admit the thing. Anithr OTT reaction from you in that resoective. As for asking if the means justify the end? What kind of a stupid question is that? Of course it does. There is a cautionary tale in arsenal.

What is the point of debating with you if you just believe my opinion is a waste of time? I'm open to new ideas and I am willing to say I'm wrong when I'm wrong but you are something else. I guess I'll keep my lol arguements and stupid questions to myself, thanks for the respectful debate, I had fun .Have a nice day. :smiliecap1: