The Mourinho Thread

Im fed up with this stability argument, why do most of this country seem to think the be all and end all of stability is having a manager for a certain period of time?

So Arsenal, while they have had one manager since we have had loads, remind me, how many captains have they had since we appointed JT as Captain? How many problems have they had in the boardroom since Roman has took over? is that stabilty? really?

Man.Utd, how many captains have they had since we appointed JT? How much financial trouble do they have compared to us?

We have had more than enough stability this past 10 years. A committed owner, same captain and a strong spine. Stability doesn't begin and end in the manager, if you believe that you need to stop listening to the media as they believe it or not know fuck all.

i do understand, it's not qwantum mechanics

but when i say that i think the club is pathetic, i'm clearly not talking about the club in it's entirety nor it's history

i'm saying that the club is being run patheticly, i think that was pretty clear from my orginal post

clearly it wasnt clear

Just want to say - You guys do know that Madrid are less stable than us, right? :lol:

They sack more managers, have done worse in their league than we have in our own this season (we're in transition; they are not), have been chokers in the Champions League for ages now after a long time of success in Europe, constantly have rollercoaster media press, have had big disputes regarding captains (Casillas this season) etc, the fans bring out banners comparing Mourinho to Hitler and so-on.

So maybe it shouldn't be a question of why would he leave Madrid for Chelsea; but more like - Why wouldn't he leave Madrid full stop?

It's alright saying you would trade trophies for stability when the trophies are in the bag and secured away. Using people like Mata, Hazard, Oscar etc to name only a few, there are reasons why they joined Chelsea, because we are successful and they wish to be part of it. This isn't a crime, players want trophies, Chelsea offers that.

Your quote "Trophies aren't the be all and end all of football" Whilst it maybe right, they go a hell of a long way to attracting the biggest stars in football, that quote in itself is something that you would read on Liverpool or Arsenal forum.

Don't bring it here, this Football Club does trophies, and will continue to do so.

It's a sad indictment of modern football that simply winning a trophy is absolutely more important than anything else. Carry on. :tophat:

we won the title in 2010 and since then spent hundred of millions of dollar, only to find ourselves hopelessly behind man utd (25 points last season, 22 points so far this season) while playing shite football most of the time and sacking managers left and right

We spend that money in the last two summers to be very successful in the next 5-10 years. Just see that most of the players are young, and some even got out on loans to other clubs. It was a mistake to wait so much time to change things and to freshen up the squad with new blood (or- Roman didnt want to spend so much in that time, we dont know), but once we did it so late you cant think we're going to compete for everything right away. I also think there were some mistakes in those two summers -not enough big signings (like Mata) for the 2011/2012 season; no Striker and no CM for this season. If we have managed to do those things better we probably could have come closer to Man Utd this season, but the goal is still for the next seasons and with the right calls this money we spent in the last 2-3 years will see its profit (although we did won the CL and FA Cup last season when the old guard were the key players). I agree with you about other mistakes that we've done as a club but i just think that we shouldnt judge the results of the current squad just yet.

It's a sad indictment of modern football that simply winning a trophy is absolutely more important than anything else. Carry on. :tophat:

To be fair, it's not just about 'modern football'. This has become a norm in society in general. You go to a job, you don't perform, you get your ass fired right away. You know why because there are hundreds waiting to pounce on you job and the companies know that. They don't give the space to learn and grow, everyone wants instant results. Same goes for Sports as well.The higher the stakes, more pressure of WINNING things and being in the front. Because that's what matters now! Not just the ethical way, any which way makes a company/sports team/entrepreneur go to the front of the line goes on to get all the accolades.

It's a result oriented life now all around us. Not a gradual learning and growing one, either you perform or you perish. Simple.

Trophies are the ultimate goal of any team. Long term stability is ideal as it can help to preserve the successes of the club for longer periods of time. They are not mutulally exclusive and you can have one without the other, and hopefully stability will come soon, but i wouldn't trade trophies already won for it. Stability would be great, but its not everything.

Mourinho to write autobiography

Am really looking forward to that if its true! :D

i badly want a movie about his life as a manager. if im right few years before some reporter asked him about it and he said if a movie comes about him george clooney should portray him :wub:

i badly want a movie about his life as a manager. if im right few years before some reporter asked him about it and he said if a movie comes about him george clooney should portray him :wub:

No no no. We have a better one in Paulo Ferreira. :P