The Mourinho Thread

I will give Jose credit for the introduction of Zouma. Technically, Zouma isn't even really a youngster considering the amount of experience he's already racked up at just 20 but still it was a ballsy move that's atypical of his entire managerial career. Kudos to him. Lets hope our actual products also get chances as well.

My friend says bus parking is Chelsea DNA like Barcelona have Possesion DNA. He says its the identity of the club, do u agree?

No. We played always attacking football in every game in Zola's time. What we lacked was a wealthy owner to take us to the next level. We also pretty attack minded in the 70's as well, so I hear. We played attacking football under Ancelotti. Under him, I believe we played the most complete football in the Abramovich era, but the team Mourinho built was already starting to weaken badly in the 2011 season. I remember complete performances like this one, were we went to difficult grounds and imposed our game on teams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GprcTAFLQCw

Then all of a sudden, instead of backing him with the responsibility of building his own team, Abramovich sacked him. That was Roman's biggest mistake ever. He sacked the best manager we've ever had aside from Vialli.

I credit Mourinho a lot with team building, resiliance and with the winning mentality he instilled in Chelsea. He built our first world class team, that team was built for him and built in his image. That team wasn't designed to play beautiful football, but to overpower teams. And when Mourinho faced a manager that could be as pragmatic as he was in Benitez, he failed. Twice.

I also credit Mourinho with building this amazing team. In conjunction with Emenalo and our scouts, that's the best thing he's done since he returned. But you just get the feeling this team is not built in his image. His tactical strength is in organizing defenses and counter attacking, not in playing possession football and designing sophisticated attacks. It's been that way all his career and he is not as complete tactically as he'll like himself to be advertised. This team was built by Abramovich for Guardiola and Guardiola snubbed him and chose Bayern. Mourinho wasn't even the 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice because of his tactics and controversial nature.

It's obvious our wealthy benefactor wants this team to play attacking football, bring through our own youth and still win titles. People seem to forget that his opinion on things also counts.

I don't think the way we played in the second half is a consequence of the manager, it comes down to not having any real way to inject pace to change the game. I

The guys were tired today anyone who has watched more than 5 football matches could see that.

It absolutely is, since it was basically from minute 1 of the 2nd half and since we actually played our best football in the last 10 mins of the 1st half. Human physiology suggests you're more likely to be tired in the closing stages of the 1st than in the opening stages of the 2nd half. Mourinho has no excuses.

I sense some arrogance in your second sentence, which isn't surprising coming from you. Yet it is deeply misplaced and you fail to sense the irony of your post. Courtois all of a sudden hitting long balls with 100% alacrity, our defenders not even attempting to play from the back anymore, regardless of limitations. In clear contrast to the 1st half. If you think that wasn't Mourinho, then well.... wow.

There is a simple solution to your problem . Find another team to follow. Let me know who decided to favour with your support

That's not a solution because my problem is not with Chelsea. I'm merely highlighting the tactical limitations of our manager. Mourinho is one of the best managers in the world, but believe or not, he has his problems, as was evidenced in the 2nd half of this game and several other big games this season and last season. Big games that cost us titles. To question Mourinho is not to question Chelsea Football club, Zolayes. You're better than this, Zolayes.

That's not a solution because my problem is not with Chelsea. I'm merely highlighting the tactical limitations of our manager. Mourinho is one of the best managers in the world, but believe or not, he has his problems, as was evidenced in the 2nd half of this game and several other big games this season and last season. Big games that cost us titles. To question Mourinho is not to question Chelsea Football club, Zolayes. You're better than this, Zolayes.

yes I am better than those who want everything on a plate .i was a supporter when we were crap and got hammered in the second division. Without Cesc and Diego. It was an excellent result and the END. Justified the MEANS

Calling the COC semis against Liverpool an impressive performance is a massive overstatement. They outplayed us especially in that first half, we ended the game strongly but we didn't score a single goal from open play in over 200 minutes.

Again, I'm struggling to think of a complete 90 minute performance we've had in the big games this season. Even the 3-0 against Spurs was extremely fortunate considering they thoroughly dominated us in the opening 15-20 minutes before crumbling in typical Tottenham fashion.

I haven't been following the discussion here, but wasn't the goal today from open play? What exactly are you talking about with the 200 minutes? I remember most of our goals against big team to be from open play.

yes I am better than those who want everything on a plate .i was a supporter when we were crap and got hammered in the second division. Without Cesc and Diego. It was an excellent result and the END. Justified the MEANS

That's besides the point, Mr. Zolayes. First and foremost, I want what's best for my football club. If I feel the manager continues to employ the exact same tactics in the big matches, the same tactics that cost us valuable points in the league, away to United and Arsenal and cost us in the CL vs Atletico eventually, I have to question him, the same way I question players I feel aren't pulling their weight (Willian) or aren't good enough (Schurrle). Support the manager, yes, but if I feel he deserves to be criticized, then I'll do just that, despite others making excuses for him or just following him blindly. Being a Chelsea fan is first and foremost looking after the best interests of the club before any player or manager or even before Roman Abramovich, Zolayes.

Who would you rather have?

The second half of this game came down to the fact we had no bench! Why is that so hard for you to comprehend?!!?! So frustrating.

What a load of bollocks that is, your body is more likely to be tired for the second half after putting in 45 minutes when you are already not 100% hence the lack of intensity in the second half all due to the 120 minutes in the liverpool game, coupled with city having a week off amplifing it even more.

Mentally they were strong, otherwise we couldnt of got a draw whilst sustaining that amount of pressure for long periods.

You didn't read what I typed. I said the dying minutes of the 1st half was our best period of the game and that we immediately went defensive from minute 1 of the 2nd half. Are you saying players have more energy in the dying stages of the 1st half than in the first few minutes of the second? wow.