The Mourinho Thread

5 minutes ago, Rhino's Skin said:

all i said was that your post was factually incorrect and basically typical of a modern day media fan

As above....the facts you use for Mourinho havent been proved at this moment in time, but you use them to suit your agenda.

If you care to view my other posts....you will see that I am nowhere near a troll but will pick posters up on over the top views that are incorrect factually. If that offends you then I am sorry.

good day sir

I like exchanging differing views and ideas but not personal attacks. Anyway moving forwards. Good day mate!

4 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Another good thing about Mourinho at United and Pep at City is that it takes the spotlight out of us. 

Should be able to work quietly without too much attraction at us. 

And as long as he continues his 'fued' with Wenger then thats good as well.

Now we just need Klopp, Poch and Bilic to start popping off at each other and Mourinho then we are sorted

15 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Another good thing about Mourinho at United and Pep at City is that it takes the spotlight out of us. 

I'm sure we will find a way for this to not be true :P This is Chelsea after all, something outrageous must happen!

2 hours ago, Fernando said:

Agreed. The media circus has kicked in high gear. I figure the Guardian or Mirror has planted a toilet camera in Jose's home so they can update us every time he has to go.

Seriously though, we should fly under that radar along with Klopp, Wenger and even Ranieri. The pre-season build up will be Jose vs Pep. If Jose "buys" like the past few years, I expect, as the papers suggest, them to by 34-year old Ibrahimovic, over priced John Stones and Juan Cuadrado :D

Look, Jose is a Chelsea legend and always will be. Something happened between the he and his players in the fall. Did they all quit on him? No. Did some struggle to play their best, sure. Don't count out the effect his disrespect of Eva had on the locker room. Regardless, the club cut him loose. He did not quit on Chelsea. If he wants to go to United, so be it. We have all moved on and welcome Conte.

Have to admit, I look forward to the first Man U - Arsenal matchup next year as the Mourinho-Wenger domination heats up again :P

Come on you Chelsea!!

I wasn't too much of a fan when he left us in shambles, and now I definitely am not with him at Man Utd.

It makes things interesting in the PL now, but for him to talk how much he loves this club, and all the other jazz... It is apparent he doesn't. I truly believe he'll make more of an effort than he ever did here, mainly due to the "prestige" of it being Man Utd. I say that, but I could be wrong. He was at one point at an even bigger club, Real Madrid, and he pouted and moaned during his time there. So who knows, maybe we kick his ass a few times, and so does Pep, and so does Klopp, and he leaves again. 

I can't be a fan of his anymore. I know some can, but you don't preach your love and loyalty to one thing then go join the rival. Much like how I lost a lot of that legend feeling for Lamps once he went to Man City... It just isn't something you do, especially if you want to be seen as a club legend or some sort of hero. Throughout all this, the main thing you can deduce is Mou is a great bullshitter. The man always speaks for effect, rather than sincerity. 

1 hour ago, Gilvorak said:

I still don't get the love affair this forum has with him. He's been a massive flop for United. There are much better & younger players out there.

Me either mate.

A slow, ball stopping player, with an average first touch and with a lack of strength or balance on the ball when pressured. He was decent when he was a "big fish" in a small pond type deal here when we were struggling, but he got found out, and now even Man United being the small pond with their recent performances over the years, he can't shine. 

Don't get me wrong, I loved watching him play when he was here the first year and a bit. He was flashy, and brought a bit of fun to the games to watch particularly when we were losing and drawing so much back then, but he isn't an effective player. I honestly don't think he is worth a roster spot. 

24 minutes worth of coverage on United and JM last night on SSN:lol: It's no good for me when all I tune in for is to look at the size of tits on the female presenter and something to store in the wank bank.

Well, I hope he fails miserably.

If the rumours about him spending big this summer is true, I hope he slides Rashford and Timothy over to West-London. He'd do the club he loves so much a great favour.

Between the Guardiola vs Mourinho nonsense, the continuation of the Spurs and Leicester stories and the 'Everybody loves Jurgen' show, Chelsea will not be playing a starring role in the 16/17 PL campaign. I like that.

But Conte's job has become harder. Possibly a lot harder. I don't like that.

1 hour ago, DYC. said:

Well, I hope he fails miserably.

If the rumours about him spending big this summer is true, I hope he slides Rashford and Timothy over to West-London. He'd do the club he loves so much a great favour.

Between the Guardiola vs Mourinho nonsense, the continuation of the Spurs and Leicester stories and the 'Everybody loves Jurgen' show, Chelsea will not be playing a starring role in the 16/17 PL campaign. I like that.

But Conte's job has become harder. Possibly a lot harder. I don't like that.

I dont think he will fail ... in fact he will go on to win the title in his first year ... He knows the league too well when compared with Guardiolas and Contes ... Plus his ego to do better than Guardiola on his home turf is the biggest motivation, imagine he losing it to Pep in the first year ... Not happening!!! For me Kloop and Liverpool will his biggest threat this season based on how they do in the summer window. Spurs is the dark horse again based on the players they get. 

I agree that Conte job has become harder but I somehow have belief in him that he will come through ... ONLY if our board shows some patience rather than get into the Jose-Pep show. 

12 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

I dont think he will fail ... in fact he will go on to win the title in his first year ... He knows the league too well when compared with Guardiolas and Contes ... Plus his ego to do better than Guardiola on his home turf is the biggest motivation, imagine he losing it to Pep in the first year ... Not happening!!! For me Kloop and Liverpool will his biggest threat this season based on how they do in the summer window. Spurs is the dark horse again based on the players they get. 

I agree that Conte job has become harder but I somehow have belief in him that he will come through ... ONLY if our board shows some patience rather than get into the Jose-Pep show. 

Reckon he'll win silverware there as well. Has all the experience and I dont think the board will be so constraining, no having to buy Hectors or Shevchenkos. Even though the Glazers are in it for the cash, they are 'hands off' -and don't underestimate Ferguson working hand in hand with his wine drinking buddy as they win the league.

I hope he fucks up royally though, and has a meltdown after a month after being caught shagging Bobby Charltons wife in the toilets.

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

If we can buy 2 or 3 players to plug the holes in our squad we have to be considered big contenders for the title based on the facts that:

1. We still have a core of top players in our squad and adding to this will only make us stronger.

2. No European football. This is the best possible thing for Conte as if he is looking to radically change our tactics, style of play, etc he'll have plenty of time to implement this without the burden of playing and travelling around europe. We should have a fitter, fresher team next season.

3. Until any teams make their own moves in the market this summer, there is no team in the league which is head and shoulders above everybody else.

Agree with everything, apart from number 3. Man City are quite comfortably the best team in the league, and quite clearly the most talented. They have been now for the last 4 or 5 years. Their problem was putting it all together. Pep is pretty damn good at making a great team greater, so we'll see... 

We need a whole lot of grit, team work and consistency to win the league next season. We won't be the most talented, but we could still be top 3 in that regards depending on how everyone else buys. 

34 minutes ago, Thor said:

Agree with everything, apart from number 3. Man City are quite comfortably the best team in the league, and quite clearly the most talented. They have been now for the last 4 or 5 years. Their problem was putting it all together. Pep is pretty damn good at making a great team greater, so we'll see... 

We need a whole lot of grit, team work and consistency to win the league next season. We won't be the most talented, but we could still be top 3 in that regards depending on how everyone else buys. 

I'd agree they have the most talented squad but I wouldn't say 'comfortably'. IMO they have just as many gaps to fill as everybody else. Defensively they are very suspect, particularly if Kompany continues to struggle with injuries. Fernando, Fernandinho and Delph are all serviceable but none strike me as the type of player Guardiola builds his midfield around. Silva has had injury problems, Sterling, whilst good, I still think is vastly overrated. They place a heavy reliance on Aguero and De Bruyne. I think a lot of work is needed there too.

49 minutes ago, Mana said:

Hmmm. That will depend on his United tenure. The moment he starts backtalking Chelsea will end his legendary status. And because Jose is full of lies, you know this is a good possibility.

But to me personally, he's not that much of a legend anymore, I wouldn't want a statue of him. Just like Lampard before he is become our enemy now, not a friend nor partner. But this is actually WORSE than Lampard as he will be staying with United for 3 years maybe more.

I just wish we get a manager that will overtake Jose's number of trophies with us. Because until that happens, people are gonna keep saying he is our most successful manager therefore he can do whatever he wants, even if he does something like stopping us from winning the title (like we did with Spuds). We laugh at Arsenal with their Wenger In and Wenger Out crap when we are no different.

ANY trust I had left in Jose just went out the window the moment he's gone to United. He doesn't love us. It's just business for him. If you want real love, look at Terry and Drogba.

Well we can't hide the fact Jose is our most successful manager and it will be pretty hard for anyone at Chelsea to end that. All we can hope at the moment that Conte can bring something there (which I personally doubt). Because I am afraid we could be behind Man Utd and maybe City for years. 

24 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

Well we can't hide the fact Jose is our most successful manager and it will be pretty hard for anyone at Chelsea to end that. All we can hope at the moment that Conte can bring something there (which I personally doubt). Because I am afraid we could be behind Man Utd and maybe City for years. 

I reckon it's going to be another 3 years+ before we win another title. Maybe we can grab a League cup or FA cup in the meanwhile. If this period is not handled well and we're going to keep recruiting average players and change managers as if they were a pair of underwear, it's probably going to get really ugly.
I'll be honest and say I don't have too much faith in the future right now.