Luis Suarez

Blueboy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suarez is better than Rooney.

True, but rooney is cheaper, less of an asshole and has never played for liverpool (Yes i know he was born there lol). Also he can play in several positions, would link up well with the type of players we have, and wouldn't get in the way of Romelu.

True, but rooney is cheaper, less of an asshole and has never played for liverpool (Yes i know he was born there lol). Also he can play in several positions, would link up well with the type of players we have, and wouldn't get in the way of Romelu.

why when people say about rooney advantage is about offer versatile ? :carlo:

cmon we dont need another player to fill for CAM position and put rooney more wide position is not best for him

even though, i dont rate rooney already decline

but what we need is top quality striker, not who can offer versatile etc :banghead:

in my personal rate

suarez >rooney

and is nice to see ivanovic already make it clear

Chelsea are looking for a new forward this summer and, with Suarez having told Liverpool that he wants to leave, he is among the options that will be considered by Mourinho.

It was back in April that Suarez delivered the infamous bite on Ivanovic during the match between Chelsea and Liverpool at Anfield that resulted in his 10-match ban from English football. Ivanovic, though, would still welcome the arrival of Suarez at Chelsea.

“Whatever happened on the field finished there,” said Ivanovic. “He's one of the best strikers in the Premier League. I don't have any problem with him or doubt about that.”

sorry for horrible english anyway

cmon we dont need another player to fill for CAM position and put rooney more wide position is not best for him

but what we need is top quality striker, not who can offer versatile etc :banghead:

in my personal rate

suarez >rooney

Chelsea are looking for a new forward this summer and, with Suarez having told Liverpool that he wants to leave, he is among the options that will be considered by Mourinho.

It was back in April that Suarez delivered the infamous bite on Ivanovic during the match between Chelsea and Liverpool at Anfield that resulted in his 10-match ban from English football. Ivanovic, though, would still welcome the arrival of Suarez at Chelsea.

“Whatever happened on the field finished there,” said Ivanovic. “He's one of the best strikers in the Premier League. I don't have any problem with him or doubt about that.”

You say sorry for your bad English but I think it's your lack of understanding for squad depth and versatility that you are truly missing here.

At Chelsea we play at least 60-70 games a season at times, this, like last season leads to fatigue, players getting injured and drop in performance levels. Rooney can play up top without any worries at all, he can also played as #10 or even from a slightly wider role if needed, he would have no worries playing in any of those for me. Versatility is a massive plus when both buying a player and also being able to rotate over a long season period. We would get all of the above with Rooney, he is insanely strong, so he can lead the line, but his vision and eye for a pass is a tremendous asset.

Regarding Luis Suarez, he's a striker and that's that, nothing more, nothing less. Now take into account he is top class but he can only be played in that role which would then stymy that of Lukaku and I really don't want that to happen. Suarez has a large ban hanging over him, one which is massively off putting, we need players for the now and not ones that have been taking chunks out of people with their teeth.

Rooney ticks more boxes than Suarez and would better value for money, plus he's homegrown, never a bad thing. Rooney working with Jose is quite a scary thought.

To be honest, I would take him. As unpopular as that might be, with Cavani gone and no other top striker available (don't even mention Rooney to me), I'd take him in a second.

And if he started banging them in on a weekly basis for us, I'd imagine a lot on here would change their tune pretty quickly. Football fans are a fickle bunch; we are no different.

Sure everyone hated Drogba, except us. He play-acted and dived, but to us he was a god.

And as much as I hate the scouse, they aren't really rivals anymore, just an annoyance. There's a rivalry, but they pose no real threat and they aren't a London team.

Mourinho also isn't Acellotti, who bought two of the worst signings ever from that shithole.

Think about it: A quick-dribbling striker who managed to get 30 goals last season in a shit Liverpool team with Mata, Oscar, Hazard, KDB etc. behind him, and maybe even combined with Lukaku, playing counter attacking football? My word...

in my personal rate

suarez >rooney

Suarez is a great striker. BUT just because rooney can play in other positons isn't a bad thing. If we need a goal, we drop rooney a but deeper chuck on Lukaku and play Hazard, Mata Rooney and whoever behind Lukaku. THAT is what i mean by versatility. We wouldn't be buying him for that role, but he can play there. He is still a striker and can play that primary role. He is still a top quality striker imo.

For crying out loud, Ivan has forgiven him.

You should too!

Some footballers are amazing professionals like Ivanovic and Luiz for example, some are total shiteheads like ferdinand. Its amazing how players react so well after a loss and are still able to congratulate the winners while supporters are pissed for hours in their living room.

To be honest, I would take him. As unpopular as that might be, with Cavani gone and no other top striker available (don't even mention Rooney to me), I'd take him in a second.

And if he started banging them in on a weekly basis for us, I'd imagine a lot on here would change their tune pretty quickly. Football fans are a fickle bunch; we are no different.

Sure everyone hated Drogba, except us. He play-acted and dived, but to us he was a god.

And as much as I hate the scouse, they aren't really rivals anymore, just an annoyance. There's a rivalry, but they pose no real threat and they aren't a London team.

Mourinho also isn't Acellotti, who bought two of the worst signings ever from that shithole.

Think about it: A quick-dribbling striker who managed to get 30 goals last season in a shit Liverpool team with Mata, Oscar, Hazard, KDB etc. behind him, and maybe even combined with Lukaku, playing counter attacking football? My word...

Chelsea fans BOOED Drogba when his diving got out of hand. Can't quite remember what season it was but we certainly didn't tolerate that shit and he bucked his ideas up (save for the Barca game which was fairly masterful as a one-off tactical decision).

Suarez is a player who has missed 17 games in his career just for biting opponents, and another 8 for racist abuse. The fact he's shown an inability to learn and actually keep himself available for selection is a massive red flag to be honest.

You say sorry for your bad English but I think it's your lack of understanding for squad depth and versatility that you are truly missing here.

At Chelsea we play at least 60-70 games a season at times, this, like last season leads to fatigue, players getting injured and drop in performance levels. Rooney can play up top without any worries at all, he can also played as #10 or even from a slightly wider role if needed, he would have no worries playing in any of those for me. Versatility is a massive plus when both buying a player and also being able to rotate over a long season period. We would get all of the above with Rooney, he is insanely strong, so he can lead the line, but his vision and eye for a pass is a tremendous asset.

Regarding Luis Suarez, he's a striker and that's that, nothing more, nothing less. Now take into account he is top class but he can only be played in that role which would then stymy that of Lukaku and I really don't want that to happen. Suarez has a large ban hanging over him, one which is massively off putting, we need players for the now and not ones that have been taking chunks out of people with their teeth.

Rooney ticks more boxes than Suarez and would better value for money, plus he's homegrown, never a bad thing. Rooney working with Jose is quite a scary thought.

i know about that, we probably play more than 65 games, squad depth win league and so on

and about rooney could be fearsome again under mourinho :halo: or actually he already losing his great form as a striker consistantly or not

because he really often have different role for years

just time can prove that

my point, our priority is to get the the player who can perform the best as a striker

im not against rooney, just my personal rate suarez is better option

Chelsea fans BOOED Drogba when his diving got out of hand. Can't quite remember what season it was but we certainly didn't tolerate that shit and he bucked his ideas up (save for the Barca game which was fairly masterful as a one-off tactical decision).

Suarez is a player who has missed 17 games in his career just for biting opponents, and another 8 for racist abuse. The fact he's shown an inability to learn and actually keep himself available for selection is a massive red flag to be honest.

I don't know where this attitude is when it comes to Terry.

The amount of off-the-field and on-the-field bullshit he's done to soil the crest; affairs, bribes, assaults and racist abuse (he did abuse Ferdinand, anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot or has the bluest pair of glasses on) and people still praise him like a god. And just because JT got a lesser ban for racist abuse doesn't make it any less wrong.

Maybe just below Suarez on offences, but JT's list is fairly long. So no one can say Suarez is scum and turn around and say "well JT isn't that bad" and praise his as Mr. Chelsea or make excuses for him. It's a two-way street.

My point is: If he came here and started putting the ball in the net regularly, a lot of people would change their views and focus on him as a footballer first or, at the very least, become more neutral towards him. The same way a lot of people like to explain away/ignore the bullshit that JT does.

Suarez £40-£45m, on around £150-£180k per week max

Rooney £25-£40m, on around £250k per week MIN

You choose...

I don't think anyone has any problem with the money. It's the character of the player that is in question.

Ivanovic forgiving him for one incident still doesn't make it a good deal. Ivanovic was probably just trying to be a professional. As with any job, even the best people have bad days and have unusual incidents. But with suarez it's not just the one bad day and incident. It's a habit and a liability. Like the above poster said, a squad of our caliber requires a certain endurance and reliability that all players just aren't up for. When it's March-May and league standing, CL, and FA Cup are potentially putting a huge strain on the players we can't afford to be relying on someone that sees no problem getting banned frequently. Suarez may want to play at the highest level and compete for trophies. But he's showing no evidence he has what it takes to get through that kind of season. That's forgetting the personal aspect and just focusing on the professional.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You