Luis Suarez

Blueboy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Rooney plays against us I'm nervous when he has the ball at his feet. When Suarez plays against us I'm nervous whether he has the football or not. Rooney is/was good when in possession, while Suarez is a typical Uruguayan player with high work rate that borderlines dirtiness; he's a fighter and a handful to deal with.

Let me emphasize it. I'm originally from the southernmost state in brazil, where the weather isn't as nice, cooler temperatures (esp winter) and therefore different style of playing than the rest of Brazil. The state borders Uruguay, so you you drive south for a few hours, you are in Uruguay (long distances/big country). Great country! Montevideo, the capital, is a fantastic city with great restaurants/cafes and night life.

So, we are VERY familiar with Uruguayan players and the way they play. The "winning at all costs" attitude that ppl so much dislike in Suarez (yes, it's all there is), DOES WORK! You may not like it, but I've seen it work way too many times before. Sure enough a few years ago when Liverpool were playing Sao Paulo for the club championship, and lost the same way we lost to Corinthians. The difference was that Liverpool played in Sao Paulos's half for most of the game, but Lugano (Uruguayan International) was just dominant and secured the 1x0.

So, if we get Rooney and Surez ends up moving to Arsenal, I'll have to admit that then Arsenal could be very close to title contenders. They'd still lack a bit of steel in the middle, but that's something a lot cheaper to fix.

Suárez would probably only be around £5M more expensive than Rooney, at the most. Buying Suárez would achieve 3 things:

1. Not strengthening United by offloading Rooney from them and giving them a truckload of wonga to bring in quality players who wont cause them problems. If Rooney stays there I can envision a potential implosion this season (missing out on top 4 depending on Arsenal & Spurs transfer activity).

2. Even if we paid 35-40 millz to pool for Suárez's services and Rodgers could utilise every penny on new signings it's unlikely they would bring in someone who would be as successful.

3. Not allowing Arsenal to strengthen by hijacking their target. Although I'm not too worried, don't see Arsenal as title contenders even with a Suárez in their side.

I don't know why people are trying to sell Suarez's ability in this thread. No one in the right state of mind will for one second doubt his ability. Imo he was the best player in the PL last year. The only problem with him is his attitude. Dude is as big of a nutjob as they come.

Suarez works hard and he gives it his all, but let's be real if you're playing for Chelsea and competing for UCL and PL you are most likely doing the same, only difference is that you don't bite people, berate referees, dive and cheat every single game. That's not passion, that's stupidity.

Football is played on instincts, you rarely have time to think much at all. When your instinct causes you to bite people you can't control that, it's happened twice, it will happen again. People say what was he thinking doing that, it's simple, he wasn't, and you shouldn't expect him to either. It will happen again, it's just part of who he is. You buy him, you take the bad with the good, he won't be able to change himself and nothing wrong with that, but I just don't want him at Chelsea. I'll enjoy watching him play, sometimes I'll cheer for him, sometimes I'll cuss him out but I don't want to do that while he's wearing our Blue.

I don't know why people are trying to sell Suarez's ability in this thread. No one in the right state of mind will for one second doubt his ability. Imo he was the best player in the PL last year. The only problem with him is his attitude. Dude is as big of a nutjob as they come.

Suarez works hard and he gives it his all, but let's be real if you're playing for Chelsea and competing for UCL and PL you are most likely doing the same, only difference is that you don't bite people, berate referees, dive and cheat every single game. That's not passion, that's stupidity.

Football is played on instincts, you rarely have time to think much at all. When your instinct causes you to bite people you can't control that, it's happened twice, it will happen again. People say what was he thinking doing that, it's simple, he wasn't, and you shouldn't expect him to either. It will happen again, it's just part of who he is. You buy him, you take the bad with the good, he won't be able to change himself and nothing wrong with that, but I just don't want him at Chelsea. I'll enjoy watching him play, sometimes I'll cheer for him, sometimes I'll cuss him out but I don't want to do that while he's wearing our Blue.

just sounds like someone with a win at any cost attitude as Robby up here states. can't really have too many of those in a football team. sure he's liable to spaz out once in a while but as you say that's called taking the bitter with the sweet, the skip with the verse, the gift with the curse

people get bit everyday b

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/luis-suarez-transfer-arsenal-confident-2062396

"Arsene Wenger has been given the go-ahead to spend £40million on Luis Suarez, writes John Cross in Nagoya".

"Suarez has a £40m clause in his contract which his advisers believe entitles him to leave if any club matches the price".

Arsenal still want Suarez

I'd be genuinely upset if the Rooney deal doesn't materialize and Arsenal land Suarez.

Would be damn embarrassing if not one, not two, but THREE teams had a better strike force than us in England.

I'd be genuinely upset if the Rooney deal doesn't materialize and Arsenal land Suarez.

Would be damn embarrassing if not one, not two, but THREE teams had a better strike force than us in England.

Tell that to people who think Suarez is a cunt and is not wanted here. No ibra, no Rooney, no Suarez.

Tell that to people who think Suarez is a cunt and is not wanted here. No ibra, no Rooney, no Suarez.

Yep. It's like if a player doesn't have a sparkly clean past then many here don't want him. Even if he'd massively improve us. I'd have Ibra or Suarez without question.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You