Luis Suarez

Blueboy

JT has made mistakes, obviously, but he's been nothing but loyal to the club. The fans have always stood by him and he has repaid it by giving it his all. He's Blue, he's family.

Now look at Suarez, whose exploits are on a level never seen before. Like us, liverpool supporters have more or less always defended him, and how does he repay them?

Also, you talk about professionalism. Risking to be sent of and/or suspended almost every game by pulling some c*ntish moves again and again is not what i call professional.

You say that, yet he held us to ransom a few years back and flirted with a move to city.... For the dollar bills obviously.

Only guy I believe is 100% is Lampard, behaved impeccable this year despite the crap the club put him thro

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Arsenal manage to get him.. :doh::doh: :banghead: :banghead:

It will mean absolutely nothing for us. Arsenal are not tittle challengers with or without Suarez. The best they can do is keep close-is to the top and finish 3rd but the odds of them winning the league next year are almost negligible.

It will mean absolutely nothing for us. Arsenal are not tittle challengers with or without Suarez. The best they can do is keep close-is to the top and finish 3rd but the odds of them winning the league next year are almost negligible.

You must be kidding right?! At the very least they might finish ahead of us.

They've finished 2 points behind us with Giroud...

Also, what makes you believe we are title contenders? We've got 2 mid-table strikers to use, while all our opponents have better, or a lot better; after all we've been chasing their second-choice striker. Our team is essentially the same as last year, so now Mourinho will do magic and make the same roster (plus a few youngsters) perform a lot better!? This is key here: a little better won't do, it's gotta be A LOT better with the same players.

We should start a prediction thread. Mine would be that without further acquisitions, we'd be fighting for CL spot again and without a shot at CL glory.

Also, what makes you believe we are title contenders? We've got 2 mid-table strikers to use, while all our opponents have better, or a lot better; after all we've been chasing their second-choice striker. Our team is essentially the same as last year, so now Mourinho will do magic and make the same roster (plus a few youngsters) perform a lot better!? This is key here: a little better won't do, it's gotta be A LOT better with the same players.

We should start a prediction thread. Mine would be that without further acquisitions, we'd be fighting for CL spot again and without a shot at CL glory.

You're completely forgetting the fact that Arsenal didn't have anywhere near the amount of games we had last season. We had so many mid week games whilst because they also dropped out of a handful of competitions very early they could prepare for matches a lot better than we did. The fact that they still couldn't finish above us is very poor given the circumstances.

Yeah our first team XI hasn't really been added to but you're also forgetting that whilst we've made additions in Lukaku, De Bruyne, Van Ginkel, Schurrle and Schwarzer, even Essien and potentially Chalobah, whilst also getting Mourinho back which will make a huge difference, the only player Arsenal has signed so far is an u20 French striker. Our squad is so much better compared to last season.

Your view is very naive if you think we'll struggle to get top 4 like last season IMO. We're in a far better position than Arsenal right now.

So on one side we Don't want him because he's a cunt and the opposition counters with we have already got cunts playing for us we should get another.

Jose has shown no indication we want him and in fact said it's Rooney or no one.so enjoy wasting your time commenting on this thread for the next 5 weeks or so.

The reason Arsenal finished near us last season is the insane amount of games we played with next to no squad depth. Not to mention the in stability and the general atmosphere around the club. Basically what Skipper said:

You're completely forgetting the fact that Arsenal didn't have anywhere near the amount of games we had last season. We had so many mid week games whilst because they also dropped out of a handful of competitions very early they could prepare for matches a lot better than we did. The fact that they still couldn't finish above us is very poor given the circumstances.

Yeah our first team XI hasn't really been added to but you're also forgetting that whilst we've made additions in Lukaku, De Bruyne, Van Ginkel, Schurrle and Schwarzer, even Essien and potentially Chalobah, whilst also getting Mourinho back which will make a huge difference, the only player Arsenal has signed so far is an u20 French striker. Our squad is so much better compared to last season.

Your view is very naive if you think we'll struggle to get top 4 like last season IMO. We're in a far better position than Arsenal right now.

The reason Arsenal finished near us last season is the insane amount of games we played with next to no squad depth. Not to mention the in stability and the general atmosphere around the club. Basically what Skipper said:

It's certainly a theory... a plausible explanation for sure, and good for you both if you believe that. I don't buy it though.

To me our opponents, esp City (United are looking for starting XI signings still) have better starting XI and we are going to struggle against them.

And concerning Arsenal, if they do get Suarez they will be very close to title contenders.

We might not need to find out, whether just more strength in depth would do the trick, since apparently we aren't quite done in the transfer window.

It's certainly a theory... a plausible explanation for sure, and good for you both if you believe that. I don't buy it though.

To me our opponents, esp City (United are looking for starting XI signings still) have better starting XI and we are going to struggle against them.

And concerning Arsenal, if they do get Suarez they will be very close to title contenders.

We might not need to find out, whether just more strength in depth would do the trick, since apparently we aren't quite done in the transfer window.

If they sign Suarez, they still won't be title contenders.

Apart from Suarez and maybe a fit Wilshere, they still won't have a player that would actually improve our starting XI. You're ridiculously overrating Arsenal.

Arsenal need a good 3/4/5 signings to be title contenders.

If they sign Suarez, they still won't be title contenders.

Apart from Suarez and maybe a fit Wilshere, they still won't have a player that would actually improve our starting XI. You're ridiculously overrating Arsenal.

Arsenal need a good 3/4/5 signings to be title contenders.

I'm not overrating them, the final standings put them in 4th pace (without a top striker).

I actually dislike their football, the strategy, but I don't question results.

Right, but again we don't agree whether *we* are title contenders. Also, like I wrote before, getting the top striker is the most difficult signing for a top club. Once that is done, improving the squad further is a lot easier. If they add a bit of steel in the middle, perhaps all their defensive frailty may magically go away. Nobody can employ Mikel Arteta as a holding mid and expect the defense to hold.

Edit: apparently they might sign Luiz Gustavo, which would provide them with the steel I was talking about.

So several reputable papers and journo's now reporting that Arsenal have indeed lodged a £40m bid.

I'd absolutely HATE to see a player as good as Suarez going to bloody Arsenal. Think he'd be absolutely brilliant playing with Cazorla and Walcott.

Really hope we're monitoring this situation incase Rooney doesn't come. Don't think I could stand seeing United lining up with RvP, City with Aguero & Jovetic, and Arsenal with Suarez while we throw out Fernando fucking Torres.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You