Luis Suarez

Blueboy

They'l be better without him. Sturridge and Coutinho seem to have gelled well and Borini will be coming back. Pool lack a lot of quality in other areas of the field and they can use the Suarez money to solidify those. Center Back, right wing in particular. Get a good seasoned striker to play support Borini and Sturridge as well with the Suarez money and the extra pot they have for each transfer window.
If Liverpool spend the money gained by a potential Suarez sale well (i.e no 35 Mil spend on an overrated English player), they can have a better chance than ever to get a top four finish than any season recently.

I'd agree with this if Suarez had been some overpaid, underperforming idiot who'd been dragging the team down (Torres). But Suarez has scored 30 goals this season, even with all the suspensions. 30. They'd been near the drop zone without his goals. There's a reason he was nominated for PoTY.

Of course they could strengthen other areas with the money from his sale. That's like saying we'll be better without Mata because we can invest whatever we get from that deal in midfield.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd agree with this if Suarez had been some overpaid, underperforming idiot who'd been dragging the team down (Torres). But Suarez has scored 30 goals this season, even with all the suspensions. 30. They'd been near the drop zone without his goals. There's a reason he was nominated for PoTY.

Of course they could strengthen other areas with the money from his sale. That's like saying we'll be better without Mata because we can invest whatever we get from that deal in midfield.

No doubt he was a stand out performer for Liverpool and had he not been suspended probably would have won the golden boot, but you also have to take into consideration that Pool got 2 very good players in January in Sturridge and Coutinho! And they have gelled instantly too. Borini was out for almost the season, he will be back too next season. I think they can manage without Suarez. If the quotes of Suarez are true and he wants to leave, i think pool should cash in rather than trying to pin him down.

Read a stat: ' 7 - Without Luis Suarez's goals this season, Liverpool would still have finished seventh in the Premier League table.'

Read a stat: ' 7 - Without Luis Suarez's goals this season, Liverpool would still have finished seventh in the Premier League table.'

They picked up a few points in the end when everyone who was neither fighting top-4 nor wasn't fighting relegation (everyone but Villa and Wigan) went to sleep. Hence the eventual 12 point gap between 7th and 8th. Were Suarez's goals that got them to that phase, though.

So Liverpool want over 50 mil for him?

Well I don't blame them, since Torres went for that price, then surely Suarez commands a similar fee.

Damn you Roman for paying that 50 mill on Torres! It distorted the strikers price.

Lets see if Real goes for him. Imagine Madrid with Suarez, Bale and Ronalda up front?

Damn that will be some scary team!

So Liverpool want over 50 mil for him?

Well I don't blame them, since Torres went for that price, then surely Suarez commands a similar fee.

Damn you Roman for paying that 50 mill on Torres! It distorted the strikers price.

Lets see if Real goes for him. Imagine Madrid with Suarez, Bale and Ronalda up front?

Damn that will be some scary team!

Well..if they gel properly...that would be an awesome combination to watch!

But for some reason, I see Madrid signing Bale or Suarez...not both.

• 1 month later...

http://as.com/diarioas/2013/07/04/english/1372966134_386192.html

Luis Suárez is close to committing to signing for Chelsea for 40 milion euros, AS has learned.

The Uruguayan striker, whose situation has been monitored by many of the top clubs in Europe, was one of José Mourinho's priorities and the Chelsea boss, who appears to have lost out to Paris Saint-Germain in the race to sign Edinson Cavani, has made a final assault for the controversial Liverpool forward.

In doing so, the Portuguese would get revenge on former club Real Madrid, who were among the favourites to capture the striker, who has expressed his desire to leave the Premier League owing to the treatment he has received from the media.

Suárez, whose agent is Pere Guardiola, brother of the Bayern Munich coach, will earn 5.5 million euros per year at Stamford Bridge.

His arrival, however, does not mean that Fernando Torres will have to leave the Blues, and the Spaniard is expected to remain in West London next season.

Back in April Suárez shocked football fans around the world by biting Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic, but the pair made their peace and could soon be team-mates.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You