Luis Suarez

Blueboy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You wouldn't be saying that when they are knocking us out of cup competitions and taking our place, should that be happening in the next 10 years.

The best thing we can hope for us the destruction to most clubs so we an win as much things as possible.

No.

I'd take far more satisfaction in actually beating decent teams.

I was responding to the lads above discussing Suarez going to Juve, and posted up that piece.

Pssh, I wasn't paying enough attention. Too eager to get my shit joke out. ;)

On a slightly different note, but 6 months ago I was probably about as fed up with football as I've ever been. But in the last month we've won a cup, got shot of Benitez, got Mourinho back, Lamps got his record and his contract, Fergie has retired, Spurs missed out on CL football, Lukaku has gone into beast mode, we're being linked with Cavani and getting shot of Torres, we've got a great home kit and now another rival (I used that term very loosely) is looking at losing their best player.

:o:o

:beer:

Oh and the sun is sorta coming out.

No.

I'd take far more satisfaction in actually beating decent teams.

Then that's just plain idiotic.

The worse Liverpool become is better for us, lets face it you wouldn't be saying that if Liverpool actually became better than us, you just wouldn't.

The worse Liverpool become is better for us, lets face it you wouldn't be saying that if Liverpool actually became better than us, you just wouldn't.

Sport is about competition, about beating the best. A boxer could get a 50-0 record by fighting bums all his career, but the truly great ones are the ones who put it on the line against the very best and sometimes they lose, but it's how you pick yourself off the mat and come back that will decide how good you truly were.

The better the league, the better we'll have to play and the better the matches are to watch.

Pssh, I wasn't paying enough attention. Too eager to get my shit joke out. ;)

On a slightly different note, but 6 months ago I was probably about as fed up with football as I've ever been. But in the last month we've won a cup, got shot of Benitez, got Mourinho back, Lamps got his record and his contract, Fergie has retired, Spurs missed out on CL football, Lukaku has gone into beast mode, we're being linked with Cavani and getting shot of Torres, we've got a great home kit and now another rival (I used that term very loosely) is looking at losing their best player.

:o:o

:beer:

Oh and the sun is sorta coming out.

I'm hitting the bottles when I get home, the first five won't touch me I tell ya......A toast to Jose and Chelsea :getin:

Did you take more pride in the Champions League semi (beating Barca) or the Europa one (Basel)?

Sport is about competition, about beating the best. A boxer could get a 50-0 record by fighting bums all his career, but the truly great ones are the ones who put it on the line against the very best and sometimes they lose, but it's how you pick yourself off the mat and come back that will decide how good you truly were.

The better the league, the better we'll have to play and the better the matches are to watch.

No, it's about winning.

We EPL is already the best league and has been for a long time, yet EPL still doesn't get that recognition, the boring two team La Liga will always get it, along with there player of the year awards despite Bayern being the best team now currently.

Either way it doesn't matter how strong this league is because either way it's not going to get that recognition because if it did, we would've been getting those awards and getting named the best along time ago.

So instead of wanting other teams to become strong so the league isn't 'boring' I would actually like to see them tremble and we grow in strength so we can win more trophies.

Did you take more pride in the Champions League semi (beating Barca) or the Europa one (Basel)?

Winning the Europa League, but if you are insisting CL with that then no, I would obviously rather win the CL than Europa.

No, it's about winning.

Winning is meaningless unless the competition is credible. Do you go to playgrounds and challenge 10 year olds to games? No, because part of the fun is the challenge.

I want to see the best against the best so that they have to raise their games. What you're talking about really doesn't bear much relation to what I think sport is.

So instead of wanting other teams to become strong so the league isn't 'boring' I would actually like to see them tremble and we grow in strength so we can win more trophies.

Isn't that why some of us want Suarez to stay at Liverpool, in the Premier League, instead of going to Madrid?

Winning is meaningless unless the competition is credible. Do you go to playgrounds and challenge 10 year olds to games? No, because part of the fun is the challenge.

I want to see the best against the best so that they have to raise their games. What you're talking about really doesn't bear much relation to what I think sport is.

What a stupid statement, oh so because Liverpool lose Suarez that means the whole league is going to be shit does it?

We still have 5 other good teams, and Liverpool finish like 7th either way. I was happy QPR went out because they took points off us, regardless of what players they had, they where a pain in the arse and we clearly wern't good playing against them.

Liverpool are the same, they take points off us every season now, we've failed to beat them in the league in the past 3 seasons, with 4 losses and 2 draws, that's pretty fucking shit.

Just face it and quit arguing, because it's obvious anyway that the more we win the better, EPL is always going to be the best league with or without Luis Suarez or Gareth Bale, those players wont matter, we still have many top teams.

Isn't that why some of us want Suarez to stay at Liverpool, in the Premier League, instead of going to Madrid?

We haven't even played Madrid yet in the CL, so I wouldn't really worry about it, whereas domestically we are garaunteed to play against him at least twice, him with Liverpool anyway. More chance of us winning things if Liverpool are weaker so they aren't taking points off us.

Sport is about competition...but I like watching Liverpool lose their best players, same goes for Arsenal.

Liverpool are a mid-table side..but with the finances from Suarez's potential sale, i'm sure they'll find some new south american striker to fill the void.

As for beating the best, maybe we'll see other teams rise to the challenge? The likes of Swansea will only get better..as they begin to play European competitions and attract better players to the PL..

We haven't even played Madrid yet in the CL, so I wouldn't really worry about it, whereas domestically we are garaunteed to play against him at least twice, him with Liverpool anyway. More chance of us winning things if Liverpool are weaker so they aren't taking points off us.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

I prefer beating good teams for a title; makes it worthwhile. United want Ronaldo? Bring it. City want Cavani? Awesome. Competition is everything. No pride in besting a league made of Fulhams and Wigans.

PS. Why are Celtic/Rangers and the SPL ridiculed? How many titles do they have? More to the point, does anyone really care?

They'l be better without him. Sturridge and Coutinho seem to have gelled well and Borini will be coming back. Pool lack a lot of quality in other areas of the field and they can use the Suarez money to solidify those. Center Back, right wing in particular. Get a good seasoned striker to play support Borini and Sturridge as well with the Suarez money and the extra pot they have for each transfer window.
If Liverpool spend the money gained by a potential Suarez sale well (i.e no 35 Mil spend on an overrated English player), they can have a better chance than ever to get a top four finish than any season recently.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You